Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2013, 09:32 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: inspiration
Stats: 234/219/189 6'0"
Start Date: feb 26, 2013
Ideas for dinner

Does anyone have any ideas for some chicken and pork dishes that have little to no sugar at all.. or even some ideas for ground beef or ground pork? I am really getting sick of my recipes as I think i may be over doing them and need some kind of inspiration to get creative in the kitchen again.
inspiration is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2013, 09:40 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Ntombi
Stats: Restart: 360/294/190
WOE: Atkins for weight loss, NK for maintenance.
Start Date: Restarted: 1-3-13 Original: 8-23-02
There are tons of recipes already posted in the recipe forum; did you look through it at all? Tons! http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...recipes-menus/

Also; Linda Sue's site is very popular. Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes - Home

Last edited by Ntombi; 03-13-2013 at 09:42 PM..
Ntombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:42 PM   #3
Avy
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Avy
Stats: Start 232+/Current 178.6/First Goal 150/Final 140?
WOE: Low carb lifestyle
Start Date: June 1, 2012
I have a spice mix I use on hamburger, sorta taco seasoning I really like, and I'm pretty sure I found it on these boards, if you search. I did a round of hCG, and had to get really creative with spices and seasonings to keep things interesting.

For my seasoning, it is chili pepper (lots), italian seasoning, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and maybe some chili flakes or cayenne. May be more, but it's really just to taste. it's great on hamburger and I bet would be good on chicken too.

I'm am a strictly NO SUGAR gal, so I understand making things more interesting and the challenge it can be. I use stevia as my sweetener, and make a teriyaki type marinade for my chicken breasts and grill them, with bragg's liquid aminos, stevia, apple cider vinegar maybe? and garlic. I marinate in lemon juice and spices/pepper as well, basically I google and use my imagination lol. You'll be surprised how creative people get without sugar!

I also add no sodium broths to lots of things, cook fish in tin foil with broth, curry, garlic and onion in the oven... when I couldn't use fat, now I would just add it!

Doing hCG and being so limited taught me to be creative and use more spices and seasonings and experiment.

Officially down 50 lbs! Another 30 or so to my first goal, then I'll re-evaluate.

Couldn't do it without all the amazing support and motivation from this forum and all the wonderful people here.
Avy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:58 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

ntombi- while there were definitely some delicious looking recipes there a lot of the ones i saw had more carbs or sugar then i would like to have in my food at this point. I'm sure there were a lot that didn't as well that i just hadn't seen. I guess i will just have to go through all the threads. I will check out linda sues site as well thanks.

Avy- i'm normally pretty good in the kitchen but I really like to mix it up and when i wasn't on this diet it was a little easier to do so. I make almost an identical seasoning mix. I may have to try using google or allrecipe. com to look up some recipes. I can't believe i didn't think about that. Thanks!!
Old 03-13-2013, 10:12 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nancypie11
Stats: 191/172/145
WOE: LCHF/IF, insulin resistant
Start Date: Dec 17th 2012
My favorite right now is chicken with cream cheese, and spinach. Chicken stuffed with pepper jack and spinach wrapped in prosciutto, chicken w/ low carb curry sauce and greens. If you happen to have a trader joes near you they usually have a pretty good selection of produce that you might not find otherwise.
I don't eat much ground beef but if you had shredded beef you could scramble some eggs and throw some shredded beef in, or the other night we had shredded cabbage, carne asada, avocado, cilantro and cheese.
Nancypie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:59 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Nancy- Those all sound delicious. Thanks for the ideas
Old 03-14-2013, 07:16 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GAVIV
Stats: RNY 12/26/12 234.4/148/125-130?
WOE: Trying to stay low carb as possible
Check out Linda Sue's website...she has great recipes and notes which are induction friendly.

Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes - Home
GAVIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:19 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
Check out my website some time. Lots of chicken and pork recipes there. Don't know what might appeal to you.
buttoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:25 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ginaaaaaa
Stats: 184/177/163/158
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: April 2009
Here's two chicken recipes that are really yummy.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...-fabulous.html

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...-so-yummy.html

I just made this recipe but I didn't use the peppers or cayenne. I also didn't use a spicy sauce, but a low sugar pizza sauce. It was really good!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...ole-spicy.html
Ginaaaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote