Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Chicken and Pork Ideas (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/799395-chicken-pork-ideas.html)

inspiration 03-13-2013 09:21 PM

Chicken and Pork Ideas

Hello!
So I am pretty new to the board and this has probably been asked before but my search function is working for me right now.

I really need some ideas for some new chicken and pork dishes that has little to no sugar at all.. or even some ideas for ground beef or pork?

I am really getting sick of my recipes as I think i may be over doing them and need some kind of inspiration to get creative in the kitchen again.

abitobeef 03-14-2013 05:03 AM

Go international! Try jerk seasoning or curry or Mexican. Chicken basted in hot sauce is great. You can make meatballs using the same seasoning.

Soobee 03-14-2013 06:38 AM

Have you checked out Linda's website?

Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes - Recipes

inspiration 03-14-2013 07:03 AM

Abitofbeef- I definitely do eat mexican. Not quite sure how to make jerk but i think i'm going to look up some recipes on how to cause i do love jerk chicken. As for the meatballs i was thinking about making them but i usually use bread crumbs or crushed crackers while making them which i can't now, maybe i'll try using parm cheese or something instead thanks for the ideas.

Soobee- No I haven't checked out Lindas menu yet i will have to do that thank you..

tulipsandroses 03-14-2013 07:15 AM

You can buy store bought Jerk seasonings,marinades or sauces. Look for the ones that are made by Jamaican companies, if you want an authentic flavor.

Grace
WalkersWood
Eatons
Spur Tree

Not sure about Canada, but many grocery stores in the USA have an international foods aisle and you can usually find Jerk seasonings in that aisle.

theredhead 03-14-2013 09:11 AM

I just have to second the suggestion to check out Linda Sue's site. It's fabulous. To get you started, here's a list I've compiled of recipes from that site that my DH and I enjoy regularly:

ALMOND THINS - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes
CHEESE CRISPS - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes
CREAMY SOUTHWESTERN TACO SOUP - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes
TUSCANO SOUP - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes
SEOUL CHICKEN - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes
GREEN "ENCHILADA" CHICKEN CASSEROLE - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes
TURKEY AND DRESSING CASSEROLE - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes
ENCHILADA BAKE - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes
GERMAN MEATBALLS - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes
ITALIAN CASSEROLE - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes
SPINACH LASAGNA - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes
CONEY ISLAND CHILI DOG PIE - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes
WHITE CASTLE HAMBURGER PIE - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes
PORK RIND PIZZA CRUST - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes
JUST LIKE STUFFED BAKED POTATOES - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes
FRIED "RICE" - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes

miboje 03-14-2013 11:58 AM

Chicken and dumplings: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...dumplings.html

MSS726 03-14-2013 04:19 PM

Thin chicken breast cutlets, dipped in egg and then coat in a mix of parmesan cheese (I prefer the green can for these) and some cracked black pepper, then fry. They are crispy and good. Great with a salad. You can even make strips and top the salad.

lonestarstamper 03-14-2013 08:43 PM

Parmesan Chicken on Linda's site. This is better than with flour. I sent the recipe to my daughter to try after I raved about it. She doesn't worry about low carb, but she and her husband loved it too.

Wishin 03-15-2013 11:16 AM

Hi, thanks everyone for the recipes. I will have to try a few out. I don't mean to change the thread but I just had to say, theredhead, your before and after pictures are fantastic!

theredhead 03-15-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wishin (Post 16317792)
Hi, thanks everyone for the recipes. I will have to try a few out. I don't mean to change the thread but I just had to say, theredhead, your before and after pictures are fantastic!

Thanks!:o

Speck333 03-16-2013 10:34 AM

Check the dinner menu threads as well... link is in my signature line.