Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Anyone know what I'm talking about here? Rollie eggmaster (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/799300-anyone-know-what-im-talking-about-here-rollie-eggmaster.html)

tulipsandroses 03-12-2013 11:48 AM

Anyone know what I'm talking about here? Rollie eggmaster
 
I caught the tail end of an infomercial recently and did not get to write down the website. It was an egg thingamajig. Crack raw eggs and drop in and they came out in a roll, there was a way to add fillings too:confused:

MsWoods 03-12-2013 01:04 PM

Was it the EZ Egg Cracker?

I'm on the As Seen On TV web site looking and there aren't very many egg devices.

Tweaker Geek 03-12-2013 01:58 PM

Sounds like those things called Eggies. You break the egg into the eggie, I guess they're 2 pieces, put the top on then put the eggies in pot of boiling water to cook. I guess this is supposed to be a way to make boiled eggs or deviled eggs without taking the shells off after cooking. Sounds kind of silly to me, plus more things to clean rather than just a pot!

tulipsandroses 03-12-2013 06:08 PM

Its neither of those. The end result was kind of like a rolled stuffed omelet I guess. I've checked a few as seen on tv sites and don't see it anywhere. Maybe that's a good thing.

LS_Oregon 03-13-2013 09:05 PM

Rollie Eggmaster, its must be rather new, since I haven't seen too many reviews on it.

Ann Lytle 03-14-2013 05:54 AM

I just went and looked these up, kind of cute. I probably would have bought it when I still had day care, they would have loved it. Why can't I come up with something dumb that I can make a fortune selling................. oh well.......... ; o )............. Ann

tulipsandroses 03-14-2013 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LS_Oregon (Post 16315070)
Rollie Eggmaster, its must be rather new, since I haven't seen too many reviews on it.

Yess! That's it! Thanks:jumpjoy::jumpjoy:
I'm a nurse and I get up @ 5:00 am to get to work for long 12 or 16 hr shifts. Its hard to do breakfast and unfortunately sometimes it gets too busy for a sit down lunch so this is intriguing to me.

rosethorns 03-14-2013 10:54 AM

WELL THAT IS AN INTERESTING LITTLE GADGET!!!!

Sorry for the caps.

MsWoods 03-14-2013 11:09 AM

I know I want one now!

Ginaaaaaa 03-14-2013 12:05 PM

I was just watching the infomercial on YouTube , it does look interesting. It must be fairly new because I could only find one review and they seemed to like it. I tried to find some recipes but didn't find any.

Dottie 04-27-2013 07:11 AM

Ok I had to get this well, because it's a gadget.
Not anything really special.
First, I ordered it from the website and paid for expedited processing. After a month, I called and "oh there was a glitch, you should have it any day". I got it 3 days later and no refund for the "expedited" processing that took over a month to get the gadget.

What's bad about it:
1. Rubbery texture
2. cooks on the bottom more than the top
3. 6-8 minutes for 2 eggs that taste no better than microwaving them

What's good about it:
I'm having a hard time coming up with any "good" that outweighs the "bad" lol.
It's kind of fun to watch it wriggle out of the top as it cooks, it kind of squirms out like a giant worm and you have to tap it back down to finish cooking. (told you I was having a hard time lol).
It claims you can put it back in, upside down, to get a "crispier" texture (aka: finish cooking on the gloopy end) but you really can't because the lesser cooked top is not as formed as the bottom cooked part. Think trying to put a soft boiled egg in a straw.

I did shove a piece of deli ham down it and then beat an egg (cracking whole eggs in was just bland steamed eggs, so I beat them with some salt and pepper for general recipes) and it came out like a little rolled omelet.
It's not difficult to clean, it comes with a bottle brush for that along with instructions to clean it with dish soap and water (rinsing is a pain, so go light on the soap unless you want soapy eggs!).
Any meats you want to use need to be pre-cooked.
I have not tried any low-carb baking mix blends for the waffle/pancake/french toast recipes it has in the booklet, yet.

greybb1 04-27-2013 08:41 AM

$30 for that??? Just so you don't have to put a frying pan in the dishwasher? LOL!

**I'm laughing but I totally understand the kitchen gadget attraction. I have the gadget where you cook the bacon by hanging it on these arms and the fat drips down into a tray. Cost less than $10 on Amazon and I love it. Also just bought a microwave egg poacher that I like but still trying to get the perfect egg. It was less than $10 too. LOL

EllaP 04-27-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 16396582)
Ok I had to get this well, because it's a gadget.
Not anything really special.
First, I ordered it from the website and paid for expedited processing. After a month, I called and "oh there was a glitch, you should have it any day". I got it 3 days later and no refund for the "expedited" processing that took over a month to get the gadget.

What's bad about it:
1. Rubbery texture
2. cooks on the bottom more than the top
3. 6-8 minutes for 2 eggs that taste no better than microwaving them

What's good about it:
I'm having a hard time coming up with any "good" that outweighs the "bad" lol.
It's kind of fun to watch it wriggle out of the top as it cooks, it kind of squirms out like a giant worm and you have to tap it back down to finish cooking. (told you I was having a hard time lol).
It claims you can put it back in, upside down, to get a "crispier" texture (aka: finish cooking on the gloopy end) but you really can't because the lesser cooked top is not as formed as the bottom cooked part. Think trying to put a soft boiled egg in a straw.

I did shove a piece of deli ham down it and then beat an egg (cracking whole eggs in was just bland steamed eggs, so I beat them with some salt and pepper for general recipes) and it came out like a little rolled omelet.
It's not difficult to clean, it comes with a bottle brush for that along with instructions to clean it with dish soap and water (rinsing is a pain, so go light on the soap unless you want soapy eggs!).
Any meats you want to use need to be pre-cooked.
I have not tried any low-carb baking mix blends for the waffle/pancake/french toast recipes it has in the booklet, yet.


Thanks so much for this review, Dottie. I've been tempted so many times to get it, being the gadget and tool lover that I am, but I couldn't justify the cost for 8 minute eggs versus 2 minutes on the stove, though the thought of experimenting with other ingredients was tempting me. I was waiting and watching for reviews and yours is exactly what I needed to see.

Dottie 04-27-2013 01:51 PM

Ok so I decided to play with this a little more.

Take 2: Denver omelet :laugh:
1 large egg
1T diced green bell peppers
1T diced onion
2T shredded cheddar
1 thin slice deli ham, chopped small

Sounds good, right?
hahaha.
Ok pre-heat rollie (that takes about 2-3 minutes, so add that to the time it takes to make ONE egg here). Spray liberally with cooking spray. Spray again because I'm adding cheese. Spray once more just because.
Crack egg into bowl and fork whisk with everything else.
Pour into rollie.
Hmm. Doesn't quite fit (looks at other recipes in booklet, yep should fit). Tamp down, forcefully, into rolie. Still overflowing at the top.
Ok nvm then, just let it cook.
At the 2 minute mark, there's steam and bubbles coming out of the quagmire on top. So I poke it with the wooden skewer it came with. It calms down and climbs back inside. (I'm not really kidding :p).
2 more minutes, poke and slither again.
6 minutes in, the top is still just a wet gloopy mess. Poking with the skewer tells me the bottom is cooked already. So I poke, drag the skewer through it, poke some more until I can tell some of the liquid went down.
Then it tries to climb out again. Poke it back down.
At 8 minutes I called it done, kind of like an over easy egg. Wet on top.
Slither it out of the rollie (and shocked it didn't stick) and onto a plate.
Bottom is well done, rubery. Top is 3 minute egg consistence. None of the veggies are cooked but they're mostly heated through.
The up-side: it's the perfect size to go into a Mama Lupe's Tortilla.

Next time: I'm going to try the "skewer cooked bacon and stick it in there for a bacon and egg on a stick-let".

dianafoot 04-28-2013 04:49 AM

Laughing so hard at your reviews, Dottie! Thanks for taking the time to write. I just whisk an egg briefly in a small glass dish with a dollop of cream and some salt and pepper. Microwave for a minute, stirring halfway through, and you have a light, fluffy, tender egg. Could even pop into a zip-loc bag if you want to take it to work and eat it cold--lol.
Never saw the need to eat a rubber egg push-pop.

drjlocarb 04-28-2013 05:34 AM

I saw a video where they made a pancake wrapped sausage link that looked good.

Dottie 04-28-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dianafoot (Post 16397795)
Laughing so hard at your reviews, Dottie! Thanks for taking the time to write. I just whisk an egg briefly in a small glass dish with a dollop of cream and some salt and pepper. Microwave for a minute, stirring halfway through, and you have a light, fluffy, tender egg. Could even pop into a zip-loc bag if you want to take it to work and eat it cold--lol.
Never saw the need to eat a rubber egg push-pop.

:hyst:
Perfect way to describe it!
Tomorrow I'll pick up some cooked sausage links and try that :)
Honestly, I spent $30 on it, might as well have some fun with it lol :)

Dottie 04-28-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drjlocarb (Post 16397836)
I saw a video where they made a pancake wrapped sausage link that looked good.

I was wondering if a low-carb batter (coconut flour/almond/flax) would work in it or if it would be the cement kiss of death for it.

watcher513 04-29-2013 05:19 AM

LOL, I'm going w/the cement kiss of death on that one!

dizneegirl 04-29-2013 02:44 PM

Bummer - it looks like fun! :laugh:

Lavender Blend 04-30-2013 02:33 PM

I watched some 27 minute video on what you could do with this device.

It seems like a complete waste of money. It takes longer to cook one egg in this device than it would several in a pan.

It would be just as easy to clean up a nonstick pan.

I wonder who came up with this and thought this was a good idea

drjlocarb 04-30-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lavender Blend (Post 16401937)
I watched some 27 minute video on what you could do with this device.

It seems like a complete waste of money. It takes longer to cook one egg in this device than it would several in a pan.

It would be just as easy to clean up a nonstick pan.

I wonder who came up with this and thought this was a good idea

Someone who takes an 8 minute shower in the morning!

JHoberer 04-30-2013 08:05 PM

Bwahahahaahaha!! They look kinda freaky!

I pour 1/3 of a carton of southwestern egg beaters on a paper plate... microwave 1 minute, stir, microwave 45- 1 minute more and top with salsa. Sometimes cheese.

Dottie 05-01-2013 02:32 PM

1 large egg, 2 turkey sausage links (cooked) = a pretty good breakfast lol. (I beat the egg with 1T shredded pepper jack cheese).

Don't, under any circumstances, forget to spray it with cooking spray.
And you can boil water in it, too :laugh:. Got the baked on egg off it that way :p

Yaz 05-02-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greybb1 (Post 16396749)
$30 for that??? Just so you don't have to put a frying pan in the dishwasher? LOL!

**I'm laughing but I totally understand the kitchen gadget attraction. I have the gadget where you cook the bacon by hanging it on these arms and the fat drips down into a tray. Cost less than $10 on Amazon and I love it. Also just bought a microwave egg poacher that I like but still trying to get the perfect egg. It was less than $10 too. LOL

I have one of those microwave egg poachers and it's useless! I have never gotten a properly poached egg out of it.

Now the coffee filter trick for making poached eggs, THAT IS AWEOME! It makes the perfect poached egg! :)

greybb1 05-02-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yaz (Post 16405470)
I have one of those microwave egg poachers and it's useless! I have never gotten a properly poached egg out of it.

Now the coffee filter trick for making poached eggs, THAT IS AWEOME! It makes the perfect poached egg! :)

Okay, spill it! Directions please. :D

Yaz 05-02-2013 08:39 PM

Here's the thread. This works amazingly well. I actually add extra egg whites to the filter and they cook up just fine!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:08 AM.