Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Muffins and Cakes (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/798657-muffins-cakes.html)

Tweaker Geek 03-03-2013 07:58 PM

Muffins and Cakes

Muffins and cakes from our BTF mix are just great with a steaming hot cup of coffee and I need some help -- my coffee maker started leaking yesterday. I had coffee all over the counter, what a mess! I have a Cuisinart coffee maker, no carafe, just dispenses coffee into a cup and I loved it until now. I've only had the thing for a year, doesn't seem like it should go defective in that amount of time! :mad:

Anyway, I've been looking at coffeemakers on line and don't know what to buy, I've had so many over the years. I know I don't want Krueig, I drink too much coffee for that to be cost effective. I really don't want a carafe but if I have to have one I prefer stainless steel. My preference is a coffee maker that dispenses coffee, but I don't want to get another Cuisinart now that I've read a bunch of reviews for my model that so many people have had the same leaking problem.

Suggestions??

lterry913 03-04-2013 08:40 AM

Maybe write cuisenart and they will replace it. Or just take it back for an exchange at place of purchase if they carry the same model since it newer.

I know a lot of people will use a french press or just boiling water and an infuser or single serving filter system for a fresh cup every time.

ravenrose 03-04-2013 08:40 AM

it gets crazy reading those reviews... it seems like for that sort of product there is NOTHING that works right, you know? if you see good ratings, it's only because only one or two people have had a chance to rate that model!

remember that people who are MAD about a problem are much more likely to take the time to do reviews, and also, sometimes people are hired to put bad reviews on competitor's products. sad but true. for even the worst coffeemaker, most customers are perfectly happy. so don't think getting a recommendation for one really helps! LOL

best of luck

Tweaker Geek 03-04-2013 06:30 PM

lterry - I may call Cuisinart, there is a customer service number in the owner's manual.

ravenrose - I don't go by reviews when I want to purchase something, if I like it I'll usually buy it. I went back to look at reviews now (I've had my coffee maker for a year) to see if anyone else had experienced a leaking problem - turns out many have. With as many reviews that mentioned the leaking I think it's pretty safe to say it's a design flaw in this particular coffee maker.

christyjo 03-05-2013 11:22 AM

I had an issue with the carafe on my Cuisinart coffee maker and emailed their customer service dept. They responded quickly and sent me a new one. The new one was wrong, and I let them know. They sent the correct one out asap, and asked me to give the other one to someone, I didn't even have to send it back. Great customer service.

christyjo

Tweaker Geek 03-05-2013 06:38 PM

Turns out I had only a few little drips yesterday and today everything is working fine. I took the filter basket and coffee reservoir out and cleaned them really well, I think there may have been some coffee grounds stuck in the dispenser. I'm just glad it isn't leaking anymore so problem solved and I can keep the coffee maker I like.

Thanks for the replies.