Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 07:28 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SchoolPsych1979
Stats: 255/244/145
WOE: ALMOST NO CARBS, with artificial sweeteners
Start Date: 03/25/2013
Atkins chocolate mudslide recipe help

I saw a recipe online for a chocolate mudslide recipe. Looks delicious. It calls for almost freezing it for about three hours and then blending it. I plan on drinking it in the morning. Anyone have any ideas on what I can do. I don't plan on waling up at 5 to make this drink. Thanks for your input!
SchoolPsych1979 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2013, 07:41 AM   #2
Gadget Gal

Gallery: Charski
Stats: 174 (WW)/145/150 goal 5'5"
WOE: ATKINS, or a slight variation thereof
Start Date: May 2003
I'd make it, freeze it, then take it out in the morning first-thing and let it warm up about 30 minutes or so, then blend it til smooth.

NO WAY I'd get up at 5 for a smoothie!
Charski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:49 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lterry913
Stats: 5' 11" 238/174/170
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 12/1/2010
Yep take it out when you get up and blend before leaving...other wise nuke it for a few and then blend...let us know how it works out....try it on a non work day to see if it will work out the the other days, Good luck.

ps... I posted this in your OP about shakeology...I make a shake in the am with LC chocolate whey powder, almond milk,an ounce of hwc, instant coffee and ice and blend in bullet type blender. it is easy and good...then I take my supplements with it.
lterry913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:56 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SchoolPsych1979
Stats: 255/244/145
WOE: ALMOST NO CARBS, with artificial sweeteners
Start Date: 03/25/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by lterry913 View Post
Yep take it out when you get up and blend before leaving...other wise nuke it for a few and then blend...let us know how it works out....try it on a non work day to see if it will work out the the other days, Good luck.

ps... I posted this in your OP about shakeology...I make a shake in the am with LC chocolate whey powder, almond milk,an ounce of hwc, instant coffee and ice and blend in bullet type blender. it is easy and good...then I take my supplements with it.
What brand do you use for your whey protein? And the instant coffee, do you just add the granules?
SchoolPsych1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:47 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lterry913
Stats: 5' 11" 238/174/170
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 12/1/2010
I use About Time Whey(chocolate) or Syntrax cookies and cream...the about time whey makes a thicker shake and has very few ingredients(I like that about it) ... but the cookies and cream is yummy also...and yes I just add the granules to either the almond milk and they will dissolve on blending.
I use a cup of almond milk, a teaspoon of the coffee (my friend uses 3tsp... yikes), 2 tbs(1 ounce) hwc, and about nine small ice cubes or 3 to 4 regular size cubes. Then blend for about 30 seconds or until you don't hear the ice cubes any more in a single serve bullet blender and drink right outta cup...couldn't get much quicker.
Good luck and happy shake making...I'm sure you will come up with some yummy shakes on your own too.

Being fat is Hard...Dieting is Hard... Pick your hard

Live, Laugh, Love and...LEARN from mistakes

65 pounds lost so far and not looking back

Last edited by lterry913; 02-28-2013 at 01:49 PM..
lterry913 is offline   Reply With Quote