Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Just out of Curisioty, what is your favorite.... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/797842-just-out-curisioty-what-your-favorite.html)

marieze 02-24-2013 11:39 PM

Just out of Curisioty, what is your favorite....

Torani or DaVinci syrup and what do you do with it? They have every flavor under the sun at cash & carry for $3.79!

Please tell me what YOU o with it:dunno:

Marieze

picklepete 02-24-2013 11:44 PM

I don't like the fruity or chocolate ones, but I like the ones based on simple sugar products like caramel, butterscotch, toffee, etc. I'll use 1 tbsp in a mug cake or to mask bad coffee... :p

Ntombi 02-25-2013 12:00 AM

I love the coconut SF syrup. I add it to Pepsi One, or to an alcoholic drink sometimes, but I also cook with it. I'll add it to warm cream cheese for a snack sometimes.

I like the peach, raspberry, and strawberry flavors added to lemonade, but I'll also add a splash of them to some savory foods, especially stews or braised beef and pork dishes (you can't taste it, but it adds an extra something).

Here's a pic of the syrup shelf in my kitchen. :)

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...01553162_n.jpg

NineOhNine 02-25-2013 12:11 AM

I like coconut and butter rum (perfect for egg nog), and I use lemon, cherry, and orange a lot. B52 is delicious for desserts or drinks. Really, there are too many good flavors to list.

Julie1972 02-25-2013 03:14 AM

Vanilla is my favorite! I use it to sweeten desserts and my coffee.

Chocolate Rose 02-25-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julie1972 (Post 16278806)
Vanilla is my favorite! I use it to sweeten desserts and my coffee.

I have 18 or 20 flavors. I use pineapple to make a sf sweet and sour sauce. I sometimes use chocolate or caramel to up the flavor when I make whipped cream/cocoa/sweetener dessert. I use lemon to make lemonade and sometimes also add in another flavor such as raspberry. I use them to flavor fat bombs.

lterry913 02-25-2013 08:30 AM

I make ouizoid's protein fudge...use unflavored or a neutral vanilla flavor then add davincis for flavor of choice...you may have to add a lil extra protein powder to compensate for the liquid of the davincis.

Yaz 02-25-2013 09:21 AM

I add it to almond milk latte's, minute muffins and to make protein ice cream (use vanilla protein powder, SF Syrup for flavoring, glucomannan and lots of ice in Vitamix.)

scalestepper 02-25-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yaz (Post 16279400)
I add it to almond milk latte's, minute muffins and to make protein ice cream (use vanilla protein powder, SF Syrup for flavoring, glucomannan and lots of ice in Vitamix.)

Yaz, this is the first time I've seen protein powder ice cream mentioned, sounds great! I'm going to try this using what you've listed, I guess about 1/4 to 1/2 tsp glucomannan per serving? Thanks!

Yaz 02-25-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scalestepper (Post 16280122)
Yaz, this is the first time I've seen protein powder ice cream mentioned, sounds great! I'm going to try this using what you've listed, I guess about 1/4 to 1/2 tsp glucomannan per serving? Thanks!

I use 1 tsp of glucomannan but I make a HUGE container of ice cream (it is about half the large vitamix jug.) I use a minimal amount of SF Syrup, probably not even 1/4 cup and 1 scoop of protein powder. I use about 15 ice cubes. I find that this way I can get it thick and not runny like a shake. Since I use so little liquid I turn the vitamix on and off so that it doesn't overheat.

I'll add extracts for more a more intense flavour punch and swirl in coconut oil/cocoa magic shell to make a ripple through it. :)

scalestepper 02-25-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yaz (Post 16280329)
I use 1 tsp of glucomannan but I make a HUGE container of ice cream (it is about half the large vitamix jug.) I use a minimal amount of SF Syrup, probably not even 1/4 cup and 1 scoop of protein powder. I use about 15 ice cubes. I find that this way I can get it thick and not runny like a shake. Since I use so little liquid I turn the vitamix on and off so that it doesn't overheat.

I'll add extracts for more a more intense flavour punch and swirl in coconut oil/cocoa magic shell to make a ripple through it. :)

Thanks so much! I appreciate the recipe, I'm going to make some. Wonderful to find new recipes like this!