Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2013, 08:33 AM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tulipsandroses
Stats: 206/160/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2010
Anyone using LC Foods Flours?

Looking for some ideas for the flours. I absolutely love the pizza flour. The white bread flour I pretty much only use for breading things for frying. Never thought I'd be able to have golden fried shrimp again but its one of my favorite things to do with LC white flour. It makes good bread but guess what? After I started making bread, I realized that I don't miss bread that much so I don't make bread very often. I've used the white bread flour to make cinnamon rolls and was very successful the first time. 2nd time, they came out rubbery not sure where I went wrong the 2nd time. The biscuit flour is awesome too. The method to make the biscuits though is a bit time consuming so I rarely make biscuits. I mostly use it to make a sausage pie- Soooo delish! I've been trying to use the biscuit flour to make Jamaican beef patties - pretty much an empanada but with a very very flaky crust and spicy ground beef for the filling. Coming close but can't get the crust the way I would like it just yet. It ends up being crispy instead of flaky.

The cake flour is OK but I don't love it as much as I love the other flours. Its the only 1 that I've detected a slight after taste of something. The only ways I've really liked to use it is to make coconut cupcakes and it seems the coconut milk,coconut flakes, coconut oil masks that after taste very well. I've also used it for the chocolate mayo pound cake and subbed half the almond flour for the LC cake flour. On its own as a plain cake, I have not been successful with it.

So anyone working with these flours and coming up with fabulous foods?
tulipsandroses is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2013, 09:30 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Corvettebuff
Stats: 175/1160/150
Start Date: Jan 2013
I
Recipe Ingredients:

1/2

tbsp. butter

tbsp. extra virgin olive oil

tsp. extra virgin olive oil

vidalia onion, thinly sliced

1/2

cup basil leaves

salt and pepper to taste

tsp. lime juice

1/2

cup almond flour

tsp. honey mustard or sweet prepared mustard

(4- to 6-ounce) salmon fillets, skin removed

1/2

cup thinly sliced green onions

Cooking Directions:

Heat butter and 1/2 tablespoon of the oil together in a large skillet over low heat. Add Vidalia onions, basil, salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and slightly caramelized, 30 to 45 minutes. Stir in lime juice and keep warm.

preheat oven to 375

Season salmon with salt and pepper. Spread 1 teaspoon of the honey mustard over the top of each salmon fillet then gently roll each in the almond meal, pressing to make sure it sticks. Arrange salmon in prepared baking dish in a single layer and bake until salmon is done to your liking, 15 to 25 minutes.

came across this on nuts.com thought it sounded like a good one.
Corvettebuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:30 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

good grief didn't realize it would print out like that. (sorry)
Old 02-22-2013, 09:32 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

There is a good flour blend LC on this site under fantastic flour search for it.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:46 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Corvette, but I'm looking for recipes using the brand LC Foods Corp's flours. Sorry if I was not clear about that.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:44 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
I never heard of these flours before so I checked them out. They seem a bit pricey to me for the amount of product you get. This is just my personal opinion of course, but I think I'll stick with Kevin's carbalose flour mix which I've been using for years now and Ouiz' fantastic flour both of which I make up in large batches.
Tweaker Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:43 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I've been using their products for over a year now. Netrition only recently started carrying their products. For me they work cost wise. I get more bang for the buck by using the flours and not the mixes. I can get 5-6 pizzas out of the 2 lb bag of pizza flour. Considering what I used to pay for take out pizza, that's a bargain to me. I love the high fiber in them. The combo of fat and fiber keeps me nice and full. I also love not having to fiddle with trying to make sure I have a multitude of different ingredients. I love that someone has done all the guess work for me already.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:40 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
All I see on Netrition is an 8 oz. bag (1/2 pound) for $5.49 so for 2 lbs. that's $21.96. I don't see any 2lb. bags but probably a better price in larger quanities.

What you're saying about the flour vs. take-out I can definitely see your point. I always make my own so my mind-set is a little different.
Tweaker Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:30 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SCOTTSDALEJULIE
Stats: 242/202/145
I found some when I cleaned my pantry, but haven't used them yet. I'll let you know when I do.
SCOTTSDALEJULIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:10 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/155/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
I used the Pizza Crust Flour

My pizzas came out delicious. I have a picture of them on
my board.
Barbo is offline   Reply With Quote