Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Close to Campbells Tomato Soup (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/797472-close-campbells-tomato-soup.html)

Deb34 02-19-2013 12:32 PM

Close to Campbells Tomato Soup

here's my recipe for an eerily close to Campbells Tomato soup that I came up with recently.

FYI- I've always made my tomato soup with milk. This is thick and creamy just the way I remember.

Close to Campbells Tomato Soup 1 large serving or 2 small servings

2 ounces spreadable plain cream cheese
100 ml heavy whipping cream
200 ml strained tomatoes-tomatoes/salt- no other ingredients.
2 drops Ezsweets
1/2 to 1 tsp sea salt

In a two cup glass measuring cup put the cream cheese and whipping cream. Heat in microwave on 70% power til you can whisk together the cream cheese and cream to make a smooth sauce.

Pour in the strained tomatoes, ezsweets, and sea salt.

Whisk thoroughly to make sure cream sauce and tomatoes are completely blended.

Reheat for 30 seconds to 1 minute until heated to your liking.

Serve and enjoy

This goes great with biscuits made with this BetterThan Flour mix recipe post #345 http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...l#post16189690

slbbw 02-19-2013 01:22 PM

I will definitely try this.. probably tonight! I have shingles, and about the only thing I eat right now are eggs and soup.. lol. It's pretty awful :sad: But even before I got this c***, I missed tomato soup. I'm always looking at the carb counts on cans and siiiiighing. Thank you so much!! :hugs:

CarolynF 02-19-2013 01:24 PM

Here is another recipe for Tomato Soup..

One small can of Hunt's tomato sauce
One can of water
1tsp. of Splenda
2 Tbs. of heavy whipping cream

In a small saucepan, add sauce and water and splenda..Heat until warm, then add the cream.

JMCM1 02-20-2013 09:37 AM

Sharon I'm SO sorry you have shingles - so painful.
Hope a little tomato soup will give you a kind distraction while you are healing.

I am sure I'll try both recipes. Carolyn thank you for posting a second recipe to try!

rosethorns 02-20-2013 09:49 AM

Here is another one.

1 can of tomato sauce (plain)
1 jar of roasted red peppers

I can't eat dairy so this is great.Spin in blender and heat.

JMCM1 02-21-2013 05:23 AM

I have two adult kids who can't eat dairy - thank you for this, Esther!

rosethorns 02-21-2013 06:31 AM

Your very welcome.I love this, its not campbells with cream but really great.

buttoni 02-21-2013 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slbbw (Post 16268143)
I will definitely try this.. probably tonight! I have shingles, and about the only thing I eat right now are eggs and soup.. lol. It's pretty awful :sad:

Man, I feel for you, Sharon. I got shingles a couple years ago. NOT fun. Chronic stress-triggered they think, dealing with my Dad's death and my Mom developing dementia right after. Painful, to say the least, for 12 weeks or so. Hope yours clears up sooner, than later. :hugs:

Deb, your soups sounds real good! Rich, too.

Deb34 02-22-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buttoni (Post 16271718)
Deb, your soups sounds real good! Rich, too.

It is good:) A little bit is very satisfying.

razberry 02-22-2013 04:47 PM

Any carb counts on these soups? I've made red pepper and mixed it with tomato, and it was really good. Wish I'd thought of adding in the cream cheese. I'll do that next time!

Deb34 02-25-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razberry (Post 16275152)
Any carb counts on these soups? I've made red pepper and mixed it with tomato, and it was really good. Wish I'd thought of adding in the cream cheese. I'll do that next time!

sorry, I haven't calculated the carb counts but if someone else does, I hope they post them. I use this soup as a way to up my fat, I'm doing the Nutritional Ketosis type plan...the soup is pretty high fat.

CarolynF 12-10-2013 03:35 PM

Bumping. Just made my little recipe. Had it with a grilled cheese sandwich with bread from the Great Lowcarb Bread Company. :)

Pam 12-12-2013 07:08 AM

Here's one that my family LOVES........

September's Easiest Tomato Soup Ever

2 cans (28 ounces each) crushed tomatoes
1 T. sweetener
1 T. chopped fresh basil (or 1 t. dried basil)
1/2 t. garlic powder
1 t. salt
1 t. pepper
2 c. cream

In a large soup pot, combine the tomatoes, sweetener, basil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.

Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.

Reduce the heat to low and slowly stir in the cream. Simmer for 4 to 5 minutes, or until heated through; do not allow to boil.

NOTE: This makes a HUGE batch. I often cut it in half.

Redeemed 12-13-2013 10:08 AM

Here's a single serving I make. It's fast and delicious:

1 T organic tomato paste
1 oz roasted red pepper
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
salt and pepper to taste
l/2 tsp Truvia

I blend this in my Hamilton Beach personal blender - transfer to a soup mug and microwave for 90 seconds.

makrida 12-16-2013 10:46 AM

just made this for lunch and its delicious !!

Deb34 12-20-2013 02:07 PM

just curious, which version did you try? the original I posted or one of the several variations posted after?

makrida 12-21-2013 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deb34 (Post 16724980)
just curious, which version did you try? the original I posted or one of the several variations posted after?

The original, tomatoes, cream, cream cheese, a little salt and sweetener..yummy

shunsweets 01-12-2014 08:48 AM

Making this for supper tonight with fried cheese on the side instead of a sandwich. Comfort food.

Brendajm 01-12-2014 08:54 AM

Redeemed that sounds good. I need to get some tomato paste.
They all sound good but this recipe would be the easiest for me with nondairy and one serving.

And only 51 calories. It is perfect.

freeman525 03-25-2014 02:29 PM

Subscribing

Beeb 03-27-2014 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolynF (Post 16268150)
Here is another recipe for Tomato Soup..

One small can of Hunt's tomato sauce
One can of water
1tsp. of Splenda
2 Tbs. of heavy whipping cream

In a small saucepan, add sauce and water and splenda..Heat until warm, then add the cream.

You beat me to your recipe here! I :heart::love: this recipe, and it tastes so much like canned tomato soup I have even fooled hubby! :jumpjoy::hyst: