Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   EZ Sweetz in Walmart less concentrated? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/796540-ez-sweetz-walmart-less-concentrated.html)

tulipsandroses 02-06-2013 11:11 AM

EZ Sweetz in Walmart less concentrated?

I was excited to see that Walmart now carries EZ Sweetz but is it me or is it a lot less concentrated? I have to use a lot more to get the same sweetness that I used to get from the one I ordered online. :dunno:

rosethorns 02-06-2013 01:19 PM

I haven't seen it. I'll look the next time I go. Are you talking about "sucalose-to-go"?

I know when I bought it from Netrition it was better in the small bottle. More concentrated.

tulipsandroses 02-06-2013 01:32 PM

Hi Rosethorns, Its not Sucralose to go. I have that too. The bottle says EZ Sweetz. I used to order the big bottle from Netrition and I know its less concentrated than the small bottle but the one at Walmart seems even less concentrated. I may go back to ordering online. On top of that, its been hard to get the amounts right since the nozzle just squirts, I can't get drops.

Pam 02-06-2013 01:34 PM

The WalMart in Osprey, FL carries it. Here are the conversions:

2 drops ez-sweetz = 2 t. sugar or 1 pkt.
1/2 t. = 1 cup sugar or 24 pkts.
1 bottle = 5.5 lbs. sugar or 400 pkts.

rosethorns 02-06-2013 02:10 PM

Ok thats different from what I have but I have pure sucralose powder. I make my own.

I have to take a look at the ez sweets.

That Girl 02-06-2013 04:22 PM

I get mine from netrition and I have noticed that I need to use a lot more of it to get the sweetness that I used to get before.....I thought maybe it was just that bottle, but now a new bottle is doing the same thing...

rosethorns 02-06-2013 05:21 PM

I use to get it from Netrition but when I got the large bottle, it seemed the formula was different.

gina7657 02-06-2013 07:00 PM

i get mine from Netrition and the lager bottle isnt as sweet as the small bottle .. i thought it was just me but after see this ,,,,,i feel better know its not just me losing my mind.....lol

gina7657 02-06-2013 07:02 PM

i get mine from netrition also ,,, i have noticed the larger bottles arent as sweet as the small bottle . i thought it was just me ,lol

lterry913 02-07-2013 09:32 AM

The large bottle is half the concentration as the small bottle with blue cap...it States so on their site snd netrtion site. The version at Walmart is similar in concentration as the large bottle with yellow cap.

GME 02-07-2013 09:49 AM

I noticed the same thing about the bigger bottle from Netrition. I didn't really pay attention to what it said, I guess. I had been ordering the stronger one for ages and just thought, "Yipee, a bigger bottle."

tulipsandroses 02-07-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lterry913 (Post 16245644)
The large bottle is half the concentration as the small bottle with blue cap...it States so on their site snd netrtion site. The version at Walmart is similar in concentration as the large bottle with yellow cap.

I always preferred to get the larger bottle from Netrition so I'm not comparing it to the smaller bottle. I know that one is more concentrated. All things being equal, the Walmart version should be the same as the large bottle from Netrition but I'm finding it less sweet than what I'm used to getting online. I need a few good squirts to get the same sweetness I used to get from 2-3 drops.

rosethorns 02-07-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GME (Post 16245681)
I noticed the same thing about the bigger bottle from Netrition. I didn't really pay attention to what it said, I guess. I had been ordering the stronger one for ages and just thought, "Yipee, a bigger bottle."

I thought so too. Tulipsand Roses you think it's less than the bigger bottle?Hmmmmmm

They are not going to get return customers.............

Deb34 02-07-2013 12:11 PM

I carry the small 2 oz. bottle in my purse. It has the yellow cap. The chart on the front says 1 drop = 1 tsp. I prefer this over Sweetzfree since that one seems much sweeter to me and harder to control for 1/2 a drop.

lterry913 02-07-2013 06:07 PM

Hmm...I tried the walmart ez sweet and thought it tasted just like ez sweets in bigger bottle...jmo tho.

Angeloco 02-08-2013 05:19 AM

I always buy the small bottle from Netrition. I also buy the one from Walmart and find it is not as sweet. Plus I don't like that it squirts out instead of drops. I carry the Walmart one in my purse though because if I'm out its usually only used to sweeten a drink.