Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   MY VOLUME 3 HAS ARRIVED (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/796440-my-volume-3-has-arrived.html)

Barbo 02-05-2013 06:17 PM

MY VOLUME 3 HAS ARRIVED

Low Carbing Among Friends Volume 3 is here.

I cannot wait to finish my chores and go have a read.

Yippee:jumpjoy:

Tweaker Geek 02-05-2013 06:24 PM

I received mine today too, Barbo. Happy Days!!:)

CarolynF 02-05-2013 07:56 PM

Me, tooo...

Barbo 02-05-2013 10:12 PM

Reading Volume Three

:jumpjoy: This is a wonderful birthday present for me.

I love so many of the recipes, that I don't know which one to
start with. We have so many talented cooks from this board
it will take volumes to represent them all. I've spent the entire
evening reading it. I think I'll make the Cheddar Beer Bread
Loaf tomorrow. It calls for gluten free beer, and all I have
is LC beer, and that is what I'll use. Will report.

Can't wait to see what everyone will try. Opening the book was
like a treasure trove. All of your recipes....oh so good......
Christmas in February.

Mimosa23 02-06-2013 04:10 AM

Thanks for the tip!

Now I'm curious... Hopefully I'll be able to get them here in Germany. I have my birthday coming up in a few weeks' time, and this would be a great present.

Do many of the recipes have soy or soy based products in the ingredients?

Thanks!

xx Chloe.

KCSoccer 02-06-2013 05:01 AM

Mine came, too, yesterday. I haven't had time to sit down with it yet. :)

eterprincess 02-06-2013 05:45 AM

Excited, I got a notice that my apt office had a package, hopin it's my volume 3. Volumes 1 and 2 have been lifesavers and have given me some of my go to recipes now lol

mirinblue 02-06-2013 11:39 AM

I got mine too! About a week or two ago..I read them like good novels, every page and cover to cover!

Barbo 02-06-2013 12:43 PM

Hey Mimosa

Mine is 16th what is yours?

Happy Birthday!:birthday:

coffeegirl 02-06-2013 01:10 PM

Still waiting for mine......:)

Charski 02-06-2013 01:16 PM

I got mine last week! :jumpjoy: A shout out of appreciation for our hard-working cookbook maven, Jen Eloff. You've done it again, girlfriend! :up: :hugs:

Pam 02-06-2013 01:46 PM

Got mine last week, too. I haven't been through all the recipes yet. There are several that I've seen that I'm anxious to try. Thanks, Jennifer :hugs:

Barbo 02-06-2013 04:20 PM

Cheddar Beer Bread

Cheddar Beer Bread from Low Carbing Among Friends,
Volume 3- page 215, by Carolyn Ketchum.

It is in the oven! We are waiting...the smell when the beer hit
the batter was FABULOUS AND YEASTY:D

Back later.......

SkeeterN 02-06-2013 05:57 PM

Mine too!

dee 02-06-2013 09:28 PM

I'm going to have to order those books!! Are any of Kevinpa's recipes included?

Mimosa23 02-07-2013 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbo (Post 16243884)
Mine is 16th what is yours?

Happy Birthday!:birthday:

Mine's the 23rd....

:birthday: to you too!!!! :jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

SkeeterN 02-07-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dee (Post 16244826)

No and I miss him.

RVcook 02-07-2013 10:49 AM

Finally got mine as well. I'm really excited about the variety of new recipes in this edition. Good job guys! :up:

Charski 02-07-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dee (Post 16244826)

I think that permission has to be given to publish his recipes, AND those books are gluten-free which IIRC most of Kevin's recipes are not.

It IS nice to have the Sticky on this forum that has so many of his great recipes all in one place though!

Jennifer Eloff 02-08-2013 06:18 AM

Hey, this thread is a lovely surprise! Thank you, Barbo. :) So happy for the excited responses!! Thanks, my friends. You make it all worth while, and THANK you all for your wonderful contributions. Sometimes I think those recipes from low-carb friends make the best mini books of all as there is so much variety and difference in style in one mini book. There is a lot of talent on this board and I mean that sincerely.

Talking about that, would you like to see a low-carb cookbook out with Jennifer and Friends? - i.e. Just you guys and me? What do you think? Not saying we will do it, but it is a thought as the talent you guys have is wonderful and should be shared with the world. If you like the idea...let me know. Of course, there will be free cookbooks involved, Netrition would also get top billing in the cookbook, and maybe what we could do is have people submit 3 or more recipes and agree to test 3 or the equivalent number submitted by others. I don't think the cookbook needs to be gluten-free either. I'm not sure. I'm just talking. What do you think?

Mimosa, if there are three recipes in all the books that use soy, I'd be surprised. Yes, you can order to Germany but they won't be available in Germany. :)

Happy Birthday to you, Barbo and Mimosa - Feb is a great month for a birthday! Someone must remember to put threads up to wish them a Happy Birthday on their special days! :)

Tweaker Geek 02-08-2013 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbo (Post 16244330)
Cheddar Beer Bread from Low Carbing Among Friends,
Volume 3- page 215, by Carolyn Ketchum.

It is in the oven! We are waiting...the smell when the beer hit
the batter was FABULOUS AND YEASTY:D

Back later.......

Barbo - how did that bread come out for you? I was looking at that recipe last night - it sure sounds good!

RVcook 02-08-2013 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jennifer Eloff (Post 16247299)
...Talking about that, would you like to see a low-carb cookbook out with Jennifer and Friends? - i.e. Just you guys and me? What do you think? Not saying we will do it, but it is a thought as the talent you guys have is wonderful and should be shared with the world. If you like the idea...let me know. Of course, there will be free cookbooks involved, Netrition would also get top billing in the cookbook, and maybe what we could do is have people submit 3 or more recipes and agree to test 3 or the equivalent number submitted by others. I don't think the cookbook needs to be gluten-free either. I'm not sure. I'm just talking. What do you think?...

Well I certainly LOVE the idea. There is so much talent here, I'm sure it would be fabulous. And I also like that it would not have to be gluten-free. That would certainly offer up some great recipes for those that don't adhere to the GF-lifestyle choice.

But of course Jen...this undertaking would mean more work for you-know-who...:laugh:

Tweaker Geek 02-08-2013 07:44 AM

Quote:

Talking about that, would you like to see a low-carb cookbook out with Jennifer and Friends? - i.e. Just you guys and me? What do you think? Not saying we will do it, but it is a thought as the talent you guys have is wonderful and should be shared with the world. If you like the idea...let me know. Of course, there will be free cookbooks involved, Netrition would also get top billing in the cookbook, and maybe what we could do is have people submit 3 or more recipes and agree to test 3 or the equivalent number submitted by others. I don't think the cookbook needs to be gluten-free either. I'm not sure. I'm just talking. What do you think?

Jen - sounds like fun!

PaminKY 02-08-2013 07:57 AM

Quote:

I would love that and would love to particiapte.

Pam

Charski 02-08-2013 09:55 AM

[QUOTE=Jennifer Eloff;16247299]

:jumpjoy: :up: :notwrthy:

What a fantastic idea, Jen! NOT that I don't love all the other accomplished chefs in the series that's out - but to have one JUST for you and everyone here who wishes to contribute would be AMAZING! I'm in! :)

Barbo 02-08-2013 10:22 AM

YES! Count me in Jen.

that would be so great....

The bread came out more like cake texture. It was tall and pretty,
but didn't remind me of bread...I think it could be turned into a nice
bread pudding. I toasted it buttered and in a skillet.
I was hoping that it would be yeasty from the beer. Maybe this
is one we could tweakify....

Jennifer Eloff 02-08-2013 11:57 AM

Haha, Barbo. It's not so surprising. We're talking about Carolyn here - the baking queen. She would like cake bread. So do I come to think of it. :hyst: Maybe you can tweak it a bit. Your rye bread is in the book and it is lovely! My DH liked it!

Wow, good feedback so far. Looks like I might have another project to work on! :D I personally would love such a cookbook too. :love:

Let me know...anyone else interested in such a cookbook? - Jennifer and Friends?

Tweaker Geek 02-08-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbo (Post 16247932)
that would be so great....

The bread came out more like cake texture. It was tall and pretty,
but didn't remind me of bread...I think it could be turned into a nice
bread pudding. I toasted it buttered and in a skillet.
I was hoping that it would be yeasty from the beer. Maybe this
is one we could tweakify....

I guess I'll give the recipe another look and keep your comments in mind before I make it. Thanks, Barbo.

drjlocarb 02-09-2013 07:32 AM

It would be really nice to have a cookbook with the recipes from the people here. I don't know what I have to contribute, I just tweak to my likes.

shipoo 02-09-2013 06:46 PM

I wish I had mine! I usually get it fast especially when I pre order......waiting and wishing and hoping!:dunno: