Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2013, 08:40 PM   #151
Yaz
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Yaz
Your cookies sound great! I will have to give them a try.

I have been making micro muffins (bread) with oat fibre and lupin flour and they have been turning out really nice for me.

Today I subbed the lupin flour for flax in my micro cinnamon bun recipe and it was nice, but a bit dryish. Next time I'll add some butter to the batter to see if that makes it moister. Nevertheless it was VERY tasty!
Yaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2013, 05:40 PM   #152
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tulipsandroses
Stats: 206/160/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2010
The cookies were really awesome. They tasted even better today! The ones that were soft yesterday, were crispier today and had a perfect texture. I will be making these again for sure.
Yaz, what is your recipe for your micro muffins with the lupin flour? Thx
tulipsandroses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:13 PM   #153
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ginaaaaaa
WOE: High Carb Low Fat
Start Date: April 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy View Post
Netrition placed an order today. Lupin flour is expected to be in stock within a couple weeks. Thanks for the suggestion!
That's great!! I think I will wait to put another order in until they get this flour in stock!

Thanks for letting us know!!
Ginaaaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:44 PM   #154
Yaz
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulipsandroses View Post
The cookies were really awesome. They tasted even better today! The ones that were soft yesterday, were crispier today and had a perfect texture. I will be making these again for sure.
Yaz, what is your recipe for your micro muffins with the lupin flour? Thx
Here is the link, it's on the previous page.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...l#post16277779
Old 03-05-2013, 10:21 AM   #155
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Garlic Cheese Biscuits!
Old 03-05-2013, 10:28 AM   #156
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: yougottaeat
Stats: 173/129/130
Start Date: July 1 2003
Quote:
Garlic Cheese Biscuits!
Those look wonderful! Don't tease us that way! recipe please!
yougottaeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:32 AM   #157
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Darn it. I can't figure out how to make that pic smaller. Sorry guys, I'm tech challenged.

I just threw this together as an experiment. I had already melted 2 TBS of Butter and added an egg, 1 tsp baking powder and 4 TBS of lupin flour and was going to make a microwave muffin and then decided to try some biscuits instead. I added 1 TBS of egg white powder, 1/2 tsp of gluc, threw in some shredded cheese, (sorry didn't measure), 1 TBS buttermilk, 1 tsp garlic powder, and a dash of salt, added another TBS of Lupin flour. Then baked in the oven at 350. Sorry didn't even time it. Just took them out when they looked ready. LOL. These were not bad for an experiment. The texture was fantastic. My son loved them. They need a little tweaking because I think the ratio of the ingredients needs to be improved. They texture was on point. Very biscuit like. The taste though reminded me of garlic flavored cheezits than cheese garlic biscuits.
Bottom line, I am impressed! - I don't detect any aftertaste other than I used too much garlic.
I need to go shopping, I am low on butter and I plan on doing some more lupin experiments today.

Last edited by tulipsandroses; 03-05-2013 at 10:43 AM..
Old 03-05-2013, 11:30 AM   #158
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Darn it. I can't figure out how to make that pic smaller. Sorry guys, I'm tech challenged.

I just threw this together as an experiment. I had already melted 2 TBS of Butter and added an egg, 1 tsp baking powder and 4 TBS of lupin flour and was going to make a microwave muffin and then decided to try some biscuits instead. I added 1 TBS of egg white powder, 1/2 tsp of gluc, threw in some shredded cheese, (sorry didn't measure), 1 TBS buttermilk, 1 tsp garlic powder, and a dash of salt, added another TBS of Lupin flour. Then baked in the oven at 350. Sorry didn't even time it. Just took them out when they looked ready. LOL. These were not bad for an experiment. The texture was fantastic. My son loved them. They need a little tweaking because I think the ratio of the ingredients needs to be improved. They texture was on point. Very biscuit like. The taste though reminded me of garlic flavored cheezits than cheese garlic biscuits.
Bottom line, I am impressed! - I don't detect any aftertaste other than I used too much garlic.
I need to go shopping, I am low on butter and I plan on doing some more lupin experiments today.
I love buttermilk biscuits. I love Cheez-its.

I have made delicious garlic biscuits with almond flour but I bet they are very high calorie, too.

I need to experiment too. Glad you are doing such a great job of experimenting!
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:57 PM   #159
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
Quote:

They look great!
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:31 PM   #160
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shunsweets
Stats: maintenance
WOE: Bernstein
Start Date: May 2003
So glad netrition will be carrying this. I'm holding my big order until it is available and then the experiments will start!
shunsweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:03 PM   #161
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/155/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
I love TulipsandRoses
Barbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:28 PM   #162
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks guys. Here's another experiment. Sorry I am not a food stylist so this looks messy but it was a very very tasty cookie!
I used 1/2 cup almond flour and 1/2 cup Lupin Flour, added shredded coconut and topped with sugar free chocolate sauce and Tagatose Caramel Sauce.

So there were some flops with my experiments. I tried to sub the almond flour in the chocolate mayo pound cake but that did not go well. The taste was weird. I still used the vital wheat gluten but I don't think the vital wheat gluten and lupin is a good combo. That cake is now in the garbage

I made more biscuits. No cheese. Just plain biscuits, no other flour but the lupin flour and I was surprised that the taste was not off putting at all. Topped with butter and drizzled sugar free honey syrup on top. Yummo!

Another flop was a crust for a Jamaican Beef Patty. I just cannot get the dough right to roll it flat. It crumbles too much when I try to do that. So to save it, I added some LC Biscuit Flour to make the crust. Not bad, the taste was there, very close in taste to what I remember it tasting like, but the flaky texture was not there. It was crispy instead of flaky.

On to the next flop, hamburger rolls. I did not use another flour and lupin on its own, plain like the way I tried to use it here is not a pleasant taste. It needs flavor. I don't know what other flour could be used to make quick hamburger rolls. The texture is great for this application but it did not work taste wise on its own here for rolls the way it worked on its own for the biscuits.

I hope some of you great cooks out there like this flour and experiment with it. It has great potential.
Unfortunately I have a bit of a tummy ache due to all the tasting and experimenting. Thats the other thing I like about it. For me, its hard to over eat something when it has all this fiber.

Last edited by tulipsandroses; 03-05-2013 at 07:59 PM..
Old 03-06-2013, 05:42 AM   #163
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thanks guys. Here's another experiment. Sorry I am not a food stylist so this looks messy but it was a very very tasty cookie!
I used 1/2 cup almond flour and 1/2 cup Lupin Flour, added shredded coconut and topped with sugar free chocolate sauce and Tagatose Caramel Sauce.

So there were some flops with my experiments. I tried to sub the almond flour in the chocolate mayo pound cake but that did not go well. The taste was weird. I still used the vital wheat gluten but I don't think the vital wheat gluten and lupin is a good combo. That cake is now in the garbage

I made more biscuits. No cheese. Just plain biscuits, no other flour but the lupin flour and I was surprised that the taste was not off putting at all. Topped with butter and drizzled sugar free honey syrup on top. Yummo!

Another flop was a crust for a Jamaican Beef Patty. I just cannot get the dough right to roll it flat. It crumbles too much when I try to do that. So to save it, I added some LC Biscuit Flour to make the crust. Not bad, the taste was there, very close in taste to what I remember it tasting like, but the flaky texture was not there. It was crispy instead of flaky.

On to the next flop, hamburger rolls. I did not use another flour and lupin on its own, plain like the way I tried to use it here is not a pleasant taste. It needs flavor. I don't know what other flour could be used to make quick hamburger rolls. The texture is great for this application but it did not work taste wise on its own here for rolls the way it worked on its own for the biscuits.

I hope some of you great cooks out there like this flour and experiment with it. It has great potential.
Unfortunately I have a bit of a tummy ache due to all the tasting and experimenting. Thats the other thing I like about it. For me, its hard to over eat something when it has all this fiber.
I made your biscuts yesterday, and toasted them this morning. So good toasted. The texture and flavor is better than just about anything I've tried so far - high or low carb. Your cookies look fabulous. I'm going to try to make peaut butter cookies.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:57 AM   #164
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm glad you liked the biscuits Redeemed. I had one of the plain ones this morning with bacon and a fried egg and it was fabulous. I'm going to make another attempt at the hamburger rolls later today. I warmed up the left over biscuit in the microwave and it got softer than it was yesterday so I believe a hamburger roll is very possible. I used to like potato rolls for my burgers, I'm wondering if its possible to do a roll with lupin flour and mashed cauli? Hmm. Guess I will find out later.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:03 AM   #165
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/175.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Quote:

is there a recipe somewhere for the above cookies and I just missed it? they look wonderful-also the recipe for tagatose caramel? I have ordered the lupin flour yesterday and I am anxious to try but I need a recipe I am afraid-hopefully one of these days I can figure all of this out! thanks for any help!
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:10 AM   #166
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

In my imagination I ordered tagatose from netrition (because I need several thousand more low carb products!) so I'm interested in the tagatose caramel, too.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:18 AM   #167
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbatchelor View Post
is there a recipe somewhere for the above cookies and I just missed it? they look wonderful-also the recipe for tagatose caramel? I have ordered the lupin flour yesterday and I am anxious to try but I need a recipe I am afraid-hopefully one of these days I can figure all of this out! thanks for any help!
See post #162. The carmel sauce recipe by Soobee with Tagatose is on the Tagatose thread .

Last edited by Redeemed; 03-06-2013 at 07:19 AM..
Old 03-06-2013, 07:34 AM   #168
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Redeemed-for the Tagatose thread info--I had seen the first post with the cookies but assumed there was more to the recipe than the flours and the coconut--ie eggs, or oil, something to bind the cookie? that is why I asked? like I said--I am not much of a baker--lol--but I figured even I couldn't make a cookie with those ingredients? still learning here!

Last edited by jbatchelor; 03-06-2013 at 07:35 AM..
Old 03-06-2013, 07:44 AM   #169
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Jbatchelor, I'm not much of a baker myself either. In fact, this was the 2nd time in my grumble grumble years on earth, LOL that I've ever made cookies. See post #150 on this thread for my first cookie attempt. I posted the recipe I tweaked for my first cookie attempt. I did the same thing with these cookies, omitted the chocolate bar and replaced the macadamias I used in the first cookie with unsweetened shredded coconut.
The original recipe I posted uses ground oats as well, but I left that out and just used 1/2 cup almond flour and 1/2 cup lupin flour. I also added 2 TBS of sugar free honey syrup as suggested by Buttoni when she made her lemon cookies. I also did not use baking soda. Just 1 tsp of baking powder.

Original cookie recipe that I tweaked posted on this pagehttp://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...n-flour-5.html

Last edited by tulipsandroses; 03-06-2013 at 07:59 AM..
Old 03-06-2013, 08:16 AM   #170
Major LCF Poster!

well thanks for leading me by the hand--I guess these special ingredients intimidate me way too much!! I will have to try to get over that if I am to succeed at baking this way-and I need to learn how to do this--I have a terrible sweet tooth! which gets me into trouble if I don't have something legal--thanks again for leading the helpless thru the murky waters!

Jeanne
Old 03-08-2013, 08:32 AM   #171
Administrator

Gallery: Kathy
Lupin Flour is now in stock at Netrition.
Lopino Lupin Flour
Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:28 AM   #172
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
Oh, that's good to hear!
buttoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:52 PM   #173
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: at_last
Stats: 164/115/112 5'2"
Start Date: October 2009
Great! It would be nice if they showed the nutritional information, though.
at_last is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:59 PM   #174
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by at_last View Post
Great! It would be nice if they showed the nutritional information, though.
Serving Size: 1/4 cup (30g)
Servings Per Container: 15

Amount per Serving:
Calories: 74 Calories from Fat: 20

Total Fat 2g
Sat fat: 0
Trans Fat 0
Cholesterol 0mg
Sodium 10mg
Potassium 240mg
Total Carbohydrate 12g
Dietary Fiber 11g
Sugars 1g
Protein 12g
Old 03-08-2013, 06:28 PM   #175
Senior LCF Member

Thank you, Judy!
Old 03-08-2013, 06:30 PM   #176
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm a helper!

It was either that, or continue my losing hand at spider solitaire!
Old 03-08-2013, 06:32 PM   #177
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
I'm a helper!

It was either that, or continue my losing hand at spider solitaire!
LOL1
Old 03-09-2013, 07:58 PM   #178
Major LCF Poster!

Peanut Butter Cookies

I made these this evening. They brown very quickly, so you need to keep an eye on them while they're baking. They were brown, the same color as high carb pb cookies. These held together nicely. I would have liked these to be a little more crispy, but all in all they were good.

1 cup lupin flour
3/4 cup tagatose
1 tsp. baking powder
l/4 tsp. salt
1 stick soft butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla

Cream butter, tagatose, mix in egg and vanilla, peanut butter. Add the mix of lupin flour, baking powder, salt. Mix all together. Form small balls of cookie dough and flatten. Place on greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350, and check after 7 minutes to see if they are done. Makes 18 cookies.

Last edited by Redeemed; 03-09-2013 at 08:02 PM..
Old 03-10-2013, 03:06 PM   #179
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: yougottaeat
Stats: 173/129/130
Start Date: July 1 2003
Just made Buttoni's Lupin Lemon Cookies post 87. They are wonderful!!! I added 2 tablespoons of poppy seeds.

I also made the chocolate cookies and they are wonderful as well. We love them both!
yougottaeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:27 AM   #180
Yaz
Senior LCF Member

I finally have some time tonight to try out chili mango's lupin protein bread. Wish me luck! I only have a standard size loaf pan, so hopefully it'll still work out okay, guess I'll need to reduce the baking time.