Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2013, 11:42 AM   #361
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: crazywoman-n-wy
Stats: 132/116/100
WOE: My way - low carb
Start Date: Aug 2003
Ouiz, I used your "new" recipe above with the Lupin flour as a basis for a cake just now. I didn't use pumpkin, just the basic "flours" (lupin & oat fiber). I decided to go chocolate, but didn't add enough chocolate. At the last second, I decided to add some cinnamon.
I used some coconut "yogurt" (tried to make yogurt like I found somewhere, but it didn't really "yogurt". Think it didn't have enough fat in it. ?? It is more like coconut buttermilk. Lol) Also added a bit of coconut oil (didn't measure somewhere between 1 tsp - 1TBsp). Also took a chance & used that "flat" baking pwd. Wow, if it IS flat, then what would thing thing been like had it been good fresh baking pwd??? It really rose up.
It was good, but like I said, I didn't add enough cocoa (for me), but that was my fault!
Thank Ouiz.

For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life! John 3:16
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely.
crazywoman-n-wy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2013, 12:43 PM   #362
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
Glad you liked it!!! Xo
ouizoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:24 PM   #363
Yaz
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Yaz
I use a local brand of Pea Protein from N2 ingredients in Canada. It's $9.99 per Kilo! I really like using it in muffins in combination with Whey protein as it makes them moist.
Yaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:33 PM   #364
Major LCF Poster!

Yes, I did. Will need to add more cocoa, next time I decide to do chocolate, but I said that.
Didn't think my reply had posted, as it was still showing up (maybe I had hit back sometime by mistake. )
I was trying to edit it, and put an "s" on Thank(s), and nothing would work. even found the notice for your reply, and clicked on it, and IT wouldn't come up! Really not sure what was happening.
But then i think I DID hit the back button by mistake, and there was my post, and your reply. :>) So guess all's good!
Old 05-04-2013, 03:50 PM   #365
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Thanks Yaz!
JMCM1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:46 PM   #366
Major LCF Poster!

OK, I got my new scales in, and am ready to make a loaf of bread. But I'm confused (AGAIN).
I've gone back & looked at the different recipes, and realized that I must somehow have gotten my recipe mixed up or written down wrong. The recipes I'm finding say 110g Lupin flour, yet I have 145g Lupin in my recipe!
I wondered if it was supposed to be 145g!!!
I'm trying to use Yaz's tweaked version of the original Lupin flour recipe
Ingredients
315 grams egg whites (or 6 large eggs)
110 grams lupin flour (I use this one)
35 grams unflavoured whey protein isolate (I used Professional Whey NZ WPI or substitute whey concentrate, or rice protein)
15 grams coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Yaz'a tweaks
I used the original recipe but made the following changes.

used 3 eggs and the equivalent of 3 eggs of whites (next time will use all whites.)
did not use coconut flour, used 40 grams of Oat Fiber instead.
used 20 grams of hemp seeds.
used 10 grams of nutritional yeast.
4 tbsp of water.
increased baking powder to 1 tsp to try and get it to rise higher.

I have no idea where I came up with 145g!!! And that is what I was trying to come up with when I was making mine before! I am finding I wasn't using that much, but still more than the 110.
I don't have hemp, maybe I was adding some "dry ingredient" to make up for leaving it out???? I am thinking that is what i did, but still not sure why 145!

So,,,, Yaz, do you mind posting the recipe you actually use, and not the tweaks and referring back to the original (which never goes directly to that post anyway).
Not using the hemp, should I add more Lupin??? Or just less water?
If you can/will do this I would be very grateful!
Old 05-09-2013, 01:22 PM   #367
Major LCF Poster!

Yaz, I just found (again) the link you posted to your recipe on Facebook. Sorry, I had forgotten you posted it, and hadn't ran across it yet when I posted before, even tho I thought I had gone thru all the posts.
So, I'm assuming that is what you are using (minus the spices, as I don't want rye or those spices in mine, just bread), then I guess I'm good ta try!
But it DOES have a lot more protein pwd in it.
I have pea protein pwd ordered, but won't be here probably till next week. So I'm gonna proceed with this loaf with all protein pwd. Not sure how much to use tho now, so I'll just have ta punt. Maybe that I why I had 145 g Lupin! Awww, I bet I was adding more Lupin to make up for the pea protein, but it I might not work out that way. And the original recipe didn't have that much protein.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:47 PM   #368
Major LCF Poster!

So, I had to make the bread!!! I took pics, and had the post almost ready to post (I mean last second), and my browser crashed, and I lost the post.

Now of course I don't remember just what all I said.

It did rise this time, but it is still a tad denser than I think it should be. But it was still hot when I cut the slice, so when cooled it may be some better. I'm not sure just what I need to to for it to be so dense. I did use fresh baking powder, and I thought my dough/batter had enough liquid, but it may possibly need a tad more. Here are the pics, and what did.

Ingredients
5 eggs and 1TBsp egg white powder
1 1/2 cup (145grams) lupin flour
1 cup (scant) (52grams) unflavoured whey protein pwd - Natural Grocers)
1/2 cup 58g Oat Fiber
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 cup (8g) nutritional yeast)
1/8 cup (abt 15g) chia seeds
1/2 tsp Konjac Glucomannan Powder
dash salt
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp warm Water
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P5091203 (1014 x 760).jpg (48.2 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg P5091205.jpg (37.3 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg P5091206.jpg (35.5 KB, 35 views)
Old 05-09-2013, 06:04 PM   #369
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
Billie! That looks beautiful! Mounded higher than mine! Must have been the baking powder that caused the non-rise on the last ones for you, or the added ingredients you show in your version made for the higher rise.
buttoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:52 PM   #370
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Beautiful!!

How did it taste??
Old 05-09-2013, 06:53 PM   #371
Major LCF Poster!

It is pretty isn't it?
I changed pans, as I'm sure it still would have been way too short in the wider pan I used the first time. (I guess tho I used this pan for the second loaf.)
But even tho it rose nicely, it still is a bit dense, like it "needed" to rise more. Not sure how else to put it. It is better after it cooled more. But forgot to mention that is is kinda dry. Still needs something changed. I just don't understand how the different ingredients work well enough to know what to change. I imagine most of it will be eaten as toast. I'll have some that way tomorrow, and see how that turns out.

Odd thing about that other baking soda,,,,, I've been making Ouiz's cake (chocolate, using her Lupin recipe), and using the old bkng pwd, and they have been rising fine. Matter of fact I can't imagine what they'd be like if they rose more with the new pwd!!
Old 05-09-2013, 06:56 PM   #372
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I could be wrong, but I kind of think it's the egg white powder in Ouizoid's little cakes that makes them rise so well. At least that's a big part (I think).
Old 05-09-2013, 08:56 PM   #373
Yaz
Senior LCF Member

Sorry Billie I've been offline for the past few days so just saw your posts now.

Your loaf looks GREAT! It is a dense bread, not like a gluten laden loaf at all!

Mine comes out quite moist, but I don't think the addition of the hemp seeds has any impact on the moistness and really I use so little that removing it doesn't require you to add another dry ingredient or reduce the water. I think it's in the original recipe for the health benefits and taste but it's not really a required ingredient.

This is the tweaked version I've been making.

INGREDIENTS
330 g Simply Egg Whites, beaten
110 g Lupin Flour
60 g Oat Fiber 500
50 g Progressive Organics Whey Protein Unflavoured
35 g Pea Protein Isolate
1 tsp Magic Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/8 tsp Salt* - just a dash
1/2 tsp Konjac Glucomannan Powder - optional
10 g Nutritional Yeast Flake - optional
20 g Hemp Hearts - optional
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp Water
5 g Caraway Seeds - optional
1 tsp Onion Powder - optional
1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
Use metal loaf pan it works better than silicone loaf pan.

Makes 1 loaf (21cm x 10cm loaf tin)

Optional Additions:
20 grams hulled hemp seeds or substitute about two tablespoons of chia, flax, pumpkin, or sesame seeds, finely chopped fresh herbs, some chilli, spices, or whatever you like.
*If you prefer to make this bread without protein powders added, simply omit the whey protein from the recipe. Substitute an extra 35 grams of lupin flour or 12 grams of coconut flour instead.

Directions

Preheat the oven to 180℃ = 356F
Grease a loaf tin lightly with coconut oil spray (or PAM) or line the tin with silicone paper, if not using a silicon mold.Add all the ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix or whisk together until blended and the batter is smooth. The batter will be fairly thin but the whey and coconut flour will absorb a great deal of moisture during baking.
45 to 50 minutes until risen and golden and a skewer, inserted into the centre, comes out clean. Do not over bake this bread or the loaf will dry out.

Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack. Store, well wrapped, in a freezer bag in the fridge or freezer. It will last for up to a week, stored in the refrigerator. It will last longer if you slice it and store, wrapped, in the freezer.

Adapted from: Lupin Protein Bread http://chocolatechillimango.com/2013...protein-bread/

Here were my notes to myself after making the latest loaf:

"April 3 loaf, used all whites. Used new small metal loaf pan. Made a groove down middle of loaf with spatula and it allowed it to rise properly without breaking towards the side. Sprayed entire pan. Got 19 slices.

* used pea 35 and whey 50 protein powder. next time reduce pea and increase whey to try and get a drier loaf."

Last edited by Yaz; 05-09-2013 at 09:01 PM..
Old 05-09-2013, 09:58 PM   #374
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
I could be wrong, but I kind of think it's the egg white powder in Ouizoid's little cakes that makes them rise so well. At least that's a big part (I think).
Judy, yes they do say that the egg white pwd in Ouiz's bake mix gives a bigger rise. That's one of the reasons I used just 5 eggs, and added the egg white pwd, hoping it would help with the rise. Maybe it did.
It tastes pretty good, but as I said it is DRY, so that takes away from the flavor. Actually makes it hard to really tell how it tastes.

BTW, this pan is abt 3 3/4"X8 3/4" (2 1/2" deep). That's the top (and largest measurement, as that seems to be how bread pans are measured. So the loaf is actually pretty small. But it is longer than my glass loaf pan, and I wanted it longer. Not really as big as the one I used the first loaf.

Yaz, that's OK.
I appreciate your help. I've asked a LOT of questions.

I did kinda try to follow that recipe that you posted. But i didn't have pea protein, and used more Lupin to make up. maybe I should have used more whey protein instead.
Yaz, I had right the opposite of yours! You said yours is VERY moist, almost too moist. Mine is extremely dry. Like when you use too much coconut flour, and/or not enough liquid with it.
I didn't expect the bread to have the same density as yeast breads, but expect less denseness than what I got. Your's looks a lot lighter than mine is. I think the denseness of mine may be one reason it is dry. ??? Also causes it to be just a little off tasting. The taste isn't bad, but think if it wasn't quite as dense, it would be better. It's like it isn't cooked well, like when you don't get enough rise. Even tho it did rise, I think it actually need a little more rise.
I used mostly whole eggs, as I don't mind the eggs in it, actually prefer to use whole eggs for more nutrients, and they are cheaper than my egg white pwd (and tho I don't have any, the bought egg whites). I prefer using whole over whites in general.
Do you know how many eggs your whites are replacing. The weight means nothing to me as to how much your actually using. I won't be using those types of whites. I MIGHT use reconstituted egg white pwd (tho prefer not to), or just the whites from eggs. I thought about using 3 eggs, and 3 whites, but decided I didn't want to. Maybe I should.
I don't find it tasting eggy, and I don't mind the yellow. Mine really isn't the bright yellow that the gal's on the other site's (with the original bread recipe) is.
I will be getting in some pea protein next week sometime. After than, and when this loaf is gone, I'll try again with less Lupin flour, and the pea protein.

This one is definitely more edible than the first 2! In the morning I'll see how it tastes toasted.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:28 AM   #375
Yaz
Senior LCF Member

Billie, I use the equivalent of 6 eggs (called for in the original recipe) replacing it with egg whites. I find I get better rise using just egg whites and it cuts down on calories which for me is important.

Also, I get egg liquid egg whites really cheap up here, whereas I can't find egg white powder anywhere and egg white protein is far too expensive.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:26 AM   #376
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Deb34
Thanks Yaz for updating to your current recipe. I haven't gotten any lupin flour yet(not yet in stock at my LC store) so I'm going to play and try the recipe with part of a can of ground up Lupini beans and using whey protein as I don't have the pea protein yet either.

I just can't wait anymore, I have to try it! I'll make a plain loaf w/o additional optional ingredients and see what happens. I'll use less water as well to compensate for the liquid in the wet groundup beans and the liquid eggwhites...I'll guesstimate.

I hope it turns into something edible...it may turn into breakfast cereal if it doesn't turn into bread...
Old 05-10-2013, 09:52 AM   #377
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Yaz!! I kinda thought maybe you were using the 6 egg equivalent, but wasn't sure.
I may go to all whites, or at least cut back down on the whole eggs next time. I order my egg whites, and tho they are cheaper than most of what I see (ie the elDeb or the Now egg protein) they are still somewhat pricey. At one time when I first started buying them, they seem almost compatible prices with real eggs, but I think they are higher now. But I keep them on hand, and do use them.

I really haven't looked for egg whites here, but really don't think if I could find them, they'd be cheaper than eggs. But then,,,,,

Since I'm back in here again, I do want to clarify something. I said my bread was really dry. This moring when I was slicing it up, and getting ready to make toast, I realized I needed this clarification. The bread itself isn't dry. It is actually kinda moist. But when I eat it, it is very dry in mouth!! Dry mouth feel! Does that make sense? Maybe too much oat fiber? ? But I didn't use any more than you do, and maybe a bit less. So, I dunno!
I was pleased with the toast tho.

Deb34, do you have a smaller bread pan? Or something smaller that you could bake the loaf in? Cause if so, I'd suggest making that type experiment doing a smaller batch. Just a thought!!!

Thanks again Yaz, for your experimenting, and posting, & all your help!!
Old 05-10-2013, 10:30 AM   #378
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Deb34
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywoman-n-wy View Post
Thanks Yaz!! I kinda thought maybe you were using the 6 egg equivalent, but wasn't sure.
I may go to all whites, or at least cut back down on the whole eggs next time. I order my egg whites, and tho they are cheaper than most of what I see (ie the elDeb or the Now egg protein) they are still somewhat pricey. At one time when I first started buying them, they seem almost compatible prices with real eggs, but I think they are higher now. But I keep them on hand, and do use them.

I really haven't looked for egg whites here, but really don't think if I could find them, they'd be cheaper than eggs. But then,,,,,

Since I'm back in here again, I do want to clarify something. I said my bread was really dry. This moring when I was slicing it up, and getting ready to make toast, I realized I needed this clarification. The bread itself isn't dry. It is actually kinda moist. But when I eat it, it is very dry in mouth!! Dry mouth feel! Does that make sense? Maybe too much oat fiber? ? But I didn't use any more than you do, and maybe a bit less. So, I dunno!
I was pleased with the toast tho.

Deb34, do you have a smaller bread pan? Or something smaller that you could bake the loaf in? Cause if so, I'd suggest making that type experiment doing a smaller batch. Just a thought!!!Thanks again Yaz, for your experimenting, and posting, & all your help!!
Thats a good idea thanks! Also, just to confuse everybody, I'm going to do the recipe converting the gram weights to volume measurements just to see what happens! :0

maybe if you post your exact recipe that you tweaked from Yaz's, others could maybe see where the 'dryness' may be coming from? maybe accidentally more of something than you thought? dunno maybe not enough fat? did you use whey protein? I once made the whey protein donut holes from the boards here and accidentally left out half the stated fat and they were sawdust dry in the mouth. The taste was good but man were they like chunks of dry wood!

Last edited by Deb34; 05-10-2013 at 10:34 AM..
Deb34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:43 AM   #379
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb34 View Post
Thats a good idea thanks! Also, just to confuse everybody, I'm going to do the recipe converting the gram weights to volume measurements just to see what happens! :0

maybe if you post your exact recipe that you tweaked from Yaz's, others could maybe see where the 'dryness' may be coming from? maybe accidentally more of something than you thought? dunno maybe not enough fat? did you use whey protein? I once made the whey protein donut holes from the boards here and accidentally left out half the stated fat and they were sawdust dry in the mouth. The taste was good but man were they like chunks of dry wood!
Deb, there was no fat in Yaz's recipes! I have been wondering if some might help tho. (But I was trying to follow her recipe as close as I could, but with tweaks I had to make, so didn't think about adding any when I made the recipe.)
Yes, I did use whey protein. Tho there is a possibility that what I used wasn't that good for the recipe. I have used it in others tho, & it seemed to work well. It is actually texture wise more similar to flour than some I have used.
I had posted the recipe. I just ended up with so many posts, that it kinda got lost I guess. I later wished I could have deleted some of them, but it was too late. But here is the post with the recipe as I made it:
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywoman-n-wy View Post
So, I had to make the bread!!! I took pics, and had the post almost ready to post (I mean last second), and my browser crashed, and I lost the post.

Now of course I don't remember just what all I said.

It did rise this time, but it is still a tad denser than I think it should be. But it was still hot when I cut the slice, so when cooled it may be some better. I'm not sure just what I need to to for it to be so dense. I did use fresh baking powder, and I thought my dough/batter had enough liquid, but it may possibly need a tad more. Here are the pics, and what did.

Ingredients
5 eggs and 1TBsp egg white powder
1 1/2 cup (145grams) lupin flour
1 cup (scant) (52grams) unflavoured whey protein pwd - Natural Grocers)
1/2 cup (58g) Oat Fiber
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 cup (8g) nutritional yeast)
1/8 cup (abt 15g) chia seeds
1/2 tsp Konjac Glucomannan Powder
dash salt
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp warm Water
I also have Yaz's that I tweaked up there somewhere in one of the posts. It is either the one she just posted, or VERY similar.
Mine actually probably has a little more fat than Yaz's since I used the yolks of 5 eggs. Not much more, but a little. Course her protein pwd might have more fat than mine does.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:04 PM   #380
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Soobee
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: September 2000
Billie, do you have pea protein? I find that whey protein can have a drying effect in baked goods.
Soobee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:24 PM   #381
Major LCF Poster!

Soobee, I don't have any pea protein yet! I have some on order.
I was gonna try some of that in my next loaf.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:01 AM   #382
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Heidinem
Stats: 130/111/105 (5')
WOE: mostly pescetarian, moderate carbs
Start Date: November 1, 2009
Bumping and hoping for more results using lupin flour.

Last edited by Heidinem; 05-11-2013 at 05:02 AM..
Heidinem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:20 PM   #383
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Smiles
Stats: 217/155/135
WOE: low carb, wheat free, low GI
Fabulous thread. I'm gonna buy me some lupin flour

Tracy
Smiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:00 PM   #384
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lupin Flour Corn Muffins

Today’s attempt at a lupin flour corn muffin was a success! These had a great flavor! Delicious hot with butter. I don't know why I used paper liners, as I can never get the muffins/cupcakes out of those things without losing much of my muffin to sticking! Grrrrr. Must find me some silicone liners ASAP! I basically took my Jalapeno Cheese Bread recipe, which I think has a "corn-y" taste, eliminated the jalapeno, added pureed corn and subbed a little lupin flour for some of the almond flour.

This bread is not suitable until you reach the higher starchy veggie rung of the Atkins OWL carb ladder. It is suitable for Primal diners, if you eat occasional cheese. Leftovers can be crumbled, frozen and used in making your next batch of cornbread stuffing!! Will keep in the freezer about a month.

INGREDIENTS:

1 c. almond flour
½ c. lupin flour
2 T. coconut flour
¼ c. golden flax meal
1 3/4 tsp. baking soda
1 c. grated cheese
4 extra large eggs, beaten (or 5 large)
4 T. olive oil
1 T. cider vinegar
½ c. pureed baby corn

DIRECTIONS: Preheat oven to 350º. Grease or paper line muffin cups. I needed 18 to use up all the batter. Puree a can of baby corn. You’ll need only 1/2 c., so save the remaining in the refrigerator for some other use, like cornbread, a Mexican casserole or soup thickener. Should keep about a week……or freeze it in a ziploc bag. Measure all the listed dry ingredients into a medium measuring bowl, add cheese and stir well to blend. Add all liquid ingredients to the mixing bowl and stir again to blend, scraping bowl with rubber spatula as needed. Spoon about 2 T. batter into each of 18 muffin cups, I used a 2 T. measuring cup to make this easier. If you put a little more batter in each one, you might be able to keep this to 12 muffins, but that will require you calculate your nutritional stats all over again. Pop muffins into preheated 350º oven for about 20 minutes or until lightly brown. Remove and serve warm with butter. This bread would make a wonderful base for cornbread stuffing, too!

NUTRITIONAL INFO: Makes 18 corn muffins, each contains:

119 calories
10 g fat
3.32 g carbs, 1.91 g fiber, 1.41 g NET CARBS
5.11 g protein
229 mg sodium
51 mg potassium
10% RDA Vitamin B12, 10% iron, 9% phosphorous, 10% selenium

Last edited by buttoni; 05-17-2013 at 12:01 PM..
Old 05-17-2013, 12:04 PM   #385
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Peggy I am so happy you like to try new things and post your successes!
I am going to make these this afternoon!
Old 05-17-2013, 06:16 PM   #386
Yaz
Senior LCF Member

Those look great Peggy!
Old 05-18-2013, 05:32 AM   #387
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bettycooker
Stats: 189/154/140
WOE: gluten free
Start Date: January 2012
Can't wait to try the lupin corn muffins. Oats give me some digestive problems so this one should work for me. I too bought several bags of lupin flour that are in the freezer. Keep posting those lupin recipes. Thank you buttoni !!
bettycooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:21 PM   #388
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lupin Cornbread Stuffing

I had 12 of my Lupin Corn Muffins leftover and decided to see what kind of stuffing they would make and I’m pleased to report this was really good! The slight bean lupin flavor didn’t come through at all and the stuffing didn’t come out yellow either! I would not hesitate to serve this stuffing to company.

CAUTION: Lupin beans are technically a legume that is closely related to peanuts. If you have a peanut allergy, there have been reports of some peanut sensitive people reacting negatively to lupin beans.

This recipe would not be suitable until the legumes rung of the Atkins OWL carb ladder.

INGREDIENTS:

12 Lupin Corn Muffins: (recipe is above in post #384)
3 oz. onion, chopped
3/4 c. celery, chopped
6 T. butter, unsalted
¼ c. parsley, chopped
2 eggs, beaten
1 c. homemade chicken broth
½ tsp. poultry seasoning
Dash ground thyme
Dash salt and pepper

DIRECTIONS: Preheat oven to 350º. Melt the butter in a skillet. Chop celery and onion and saute in the butter over high heat until tender. Break up the corn muffins into fairly small bits in a large mixing bowl. Add sauteed vegetables and parsley to the bowl. Next add the spices, salt and pepper. Beat and add in the eggs and chicken broth. Stir well to blend. Pour into greased rectangular baking dish. Pop into 350º oven and bake for about 30 minutes or until center is set and top is browned. Serve with pork, chicken, turkey, duck or other fowl or game.

NUTRITIONAL INFO: Makes 10 servings, each contains:

231 calories
20.3 g fat
5.13 g carbs, 2.58 g fiber, 2.55 g NET CARBS
8.3 g protein
298 mg sodium
144 mg potassium
11.5% RDA Vitamin A, 6% B12, 32% iron, 21% phosphorous, 7% riboflavin, 22% selenium

Last edited by buttoni; 05-20-2013 at 05:24 PM..
Old 05-20-2013, 05:46 PM   #389
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Smiles
Stats: 217/155/135
WOE: low carb, wheat free, low GI
Quote:
Originally Posted by buttoni View Post
I had 12 of my Lupin Corn Muffins leftover and decided to see what kind of stuffing they would make and I’m pleased to report this was really good! The slight bean lupin flavor didn’t come through at all and the stuffing didn’t come out yellow either! I would not hesitate to serve this stuffing to company.

CAUTION: Lupin beans are technically a legume that is closely related to peanuts. If you have a peanut allergy, there have been reports of some peanut sensitive people reacting negatively to lupin beans.

This recipe would not be suitable until the legumes rung of the Atkins OWL carb ladder.

INGREDIENTS:

12 Lupin Corn Muffins: (recipe is above in post #384)
3 oz. onion, chopped
3/4 c. celery, chopped
6 T. butter, unsalted
¼ c. parsley, chopped
2 eggs, beaten
1 c. homemade chicken broth
½ tsp. poultry seasoning
Dash ground thyme
Dash salt and pepper

DIRECTIONS: Preheat oven to 350º. Melt the butter in a skillet. Chop celery and onion and saute in the butter over high heat until tender. Break up the corn muffins into fairly small bits in a large mixing bowl. Add sauteed vegetables and parsley to the bowl. Next add the spices, salt and pepper. Beat and add in the eggs and chicken broth. Stir well to blend. Pour into greased rectangular baking dish. Pop into 350º oven and bake for about 30 minutes or until center is set and top is browned. Serve with pork, chicken, turkey, duck or other fowl or game.

NUTRITIONAL INFO: Makes 10 servings, each contains:

231 calories
20.3 g fat
5.13 g carbs, 2.58 g fiber, 2.55 g NET CARBS
8.3 g protein
298 mg sodium
144 mg potassium
11.5% RDA Vitamin A, 6% B12, 32% iron, 21% phosphorous, 7% riboflavin, 22% selenium

Buttoni, this looks so yummy! I'm finding so much gold her on this forum. You ladies and gents rock.

Tracy
Smiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:09 PM   #390
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

There are LOTS of great cooks her at LCF, Tracy. Definitely a pot of gold on the cooking front. I for one certainly appreciate all the wonderful talent here.