Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 04:57 AM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
Linda Sue....

I shall soon make use of many of your recipes. After 9 days, I will be a retiree, and will have time to enhance my kitchen skills (I hope). I intend to focus on soups, salds and veggies, and cut my portions of fat/protein to a degree, to allow the few extra grams of daily good carbs. However, for years i have NOT cooked with salt, or added it at the table. So, i hope i will not betray you. Every cooking show i have seen on tv, salts every ingredient, whatever it is they are making. Of course, sometimes one needs it for reasons apart from taste, such as getting the liquids out of vegetables etc. I am sure i will manage. You are invaluable, as are all the LCFs who have posted recipes here. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI
flatferenghi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2013, 05:56 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
Congratulations on your retirement! Live long and prosper! I am also very appreciative of LindaSue and the others who bring their recipes here.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:20 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/155/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
Great News FlatF

It's fab if you can eat saltless! I mean it.

I would rather be dead, as I told the doctor.

Linda's recipes are so good and she uses lots of things that
are kinda salty like parm cheese and other things. Her recipes
will serve you well. Enjoy your new retirement.

Barbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:58 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: PaminKY
LindaSue does use some salt and salty things but generally I think she goes low-salt or at least she does for me, I always add salt to her recipes but I love salty.

Congrats on the retirement, so jealous.
PaminKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:10 PM   #5

Gallery: LindaSue
Stats: 167/117/120 - 5'7"
WOE: Atkins Maintenance
Start Date: July 2002
Thanks for your nice comments, Flatferenghi. I hope you have a lot of fun trying new recipes and increasing your cooking skills. I don't think you'll have a problem leaving out the salt in my recipes if you choose to do so. I'm not sure if I've got any recipes that actually require salt in order for them to work. Do keep in mind though, if you're going to serve a dish to company, it's not always possible to make things taste properly seasoned by only adding salt at the table. Your guests might think that the food doesn't taste very good if there's no salt at all added during the cooking process.
LindaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:09 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CarenL
Stats: 125/121/110
WOE: HFLC GF SF
Start Date: Nov 2012
I too want to add to the gratitude expressed to LindaSue!!! These have rocked my world!
SESAME ALMOND CRACKERS
3 ounces almond flour, 3/4 cup
2 teaspoons granular Splenda
1 egg white
3/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
2-3 teaspoons untoasted sesame seeds

Mix all of the ingredients well in a small bowl. Everything should be moist and the dough should hold together. Divide the dough into 4 pieces then divide each in 2 pieces and each of those into 3 very small pieces. Roll each piece of dough into a ball and place on a parchment-lined 12x17" baking sheet. Or, you can use a 1-teaspoon cookie scoop and skip the rolling into a ball step. Cover the balls with plastic wrap (you can use a small piece and move it around as needed) and take a baking powder can, that has about an 1/8" rim around the bottom, and press down firmly over each ball of dough. Be sure to press all the way down to the baking sheet. Peel off the plastic wrap and repeat until all the crackers have been shaped. Prick them with a fork. You may have to gently hold the crackers down with one hand while pricking so that the dough stays put.

Bake at 325║ for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. You want them nice and brown, but don't let them get too dark or they'll taste burnt. It's OK for the centers to be a bit lighter than the outer edges, but they should not be pale. Cool and store in an airtight container at room temperature or freeze for longer storage.

Makes 20-24 crackers
Can be frozen

Per Cracker: 28 Calories; 2g Fat; 1g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; .5g Net Carbs
CarenL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:33 AM   #7

Gallery: emel
Stats: 179.4/158.8/130ish
WOE: Atkins OWL/NK hybrid
Hey FF. Hey Linda Sue.

FF--

I've been using Linda Sue's site for a decade and I just recently found her page with her favorite (4 and 5 star) recipes. I really like browsing the favorite page because it knocks out the ones she tried and wouldn't recommend.
I still browse by category sometimes because I like to see the stars that signify that the recipe is suitable for induction.

Here's a link to the favorites page. Currently I"m addicted to the very first one--Beefy mushroom soup. I make mine w/diced leftover pot roast instead of hamburger.

Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes - My Favorite Recipes
Old 02-06-2013, 05:34 AM   #8

Gallery: LindaSue
Stats: 167/117/120 - 5'7"
WOE: Atkins Maintenance
Start Date: July 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by emel View Post
Currently I"m addicted to the very first one--Beefy mushroom soup. I make mine w/diced leftover pot roast instead of hamburger.[/url]
I've wanted to try it that way for the longest time but I rarely make pot roast. When I do, my guys would rather eat the leftovers as pot roast than in a soup. Oh well, at least I can make it any time I like with ground beef.
LindaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:53 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eterprincess
Stats: 210/210/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/7/13
Your Italian skillet and chicken divan have become some of my recipes to make sure my husband eats veggies and doesn't complain about it. I am on your site daily. Thank you for posting them, they are wonderful
eterprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:36 AM   #10

my fat is too small for entertaining, Linda Sue.

However, if i was cooking for others, i would not subject them to the conditions I set for myself. I will have a go at your chili. before month end. I will cook it down until it achieves a thicker consistency. i want to try it while it is still winter. I will probably cut the cayenne by 1/2 to 2/3rds. And then pour 1 portion over 1 portion of Dreamfields. I do not use any hot spices during the warm weather. FF
Old 02-06-2013, 07:36 AM   #11

sorry...

i meant my FLAT. FF
Old 02-06-2013, 09:36 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shunsweets
Stats: maintenance
WOE: Bernstein
Start Date: May 2003
Thanks so much for that link Emel. I have been to Linda's site a hundred times and never seen that favorites page. I'll have to save the link on all my computers so I don't lose it!
shunsweets is offline   Reply With Quote