Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 11:08 AM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Kimberli33
Stats: 200 /166/149? 5ft 6 1/2 in. Age 42
WOE: LC-My Way start 1/27 then JUDDD on 3/12 2 171.5lbs
Start Date: Jan 27,2013 at 199 for the LAST time!
Can we talk wings??Need suggestions....

I LOVE wings but the only way I know to make them is deep fry and add Franks sauce ....alternatives??
also is there any FF place to get LC wings??
Kimberli33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2013, 11:14 AM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: slange66
wings

Hooters naked wings or wingstop garlic parm wings. Both good, always ask for naked wings. Hopes this helps
slange66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:22 PM   #3
giJ
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: giJ
Stats: Size 18W+/8
WOE: My own - low carb, high fat, calorie controlled
Start Date: You mean this time? 9 Jan 2012
Wingstop. Yum.

A lot of people swear by heroin wings (google for the recipe), but I wasn't thrilled. Maybe I'll try them again....
giJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:38 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: shamblyn
Stats: 212/146/140 - 5'8"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 09/07/2012
Papa Johns sauceless wings are very low carb and actually pretty good. Nice treat while everyone around me is eating pizza. Also I deep fry mine and then shake parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, garlic and Seasonall ontop of them while they are still hot from the fryer. The cheese melts enough to stick and they are addicting to my family. I usually fry them for about 15 minutes to make sure they are good and crispy.
shamblyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:38 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: shamblyn
Stats: 212/146/140 - 5'8"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 09/07/2012
Oh also Checkers has wings that are low carb.
shamblyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:56 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: facelessnumber
Stats: 265/167/165
WOE: Induction+high protein+weights
Start Date: 7/2012
I made some low (maybe no) carb wings last night actually... Got a bag of frozen wings, about two dozen, put them in a broiler and baked at 375 for 45 minutes. Every 10-15 I basted them with melted butter to which I'd added garlic, red pepper and Louisiana hot sauce. Then after 45 minutes I hosed them down with the Louisiana, a little chili powder, black pepper and Tony Chachere's and I cranked the oven up to broil. About 5 minutes give or take, when I could tell the skin was starting to crisp just a bit and the sauce was getting dry, I flipped them and did the same thing to the other side.

That was the first time I'd cooked wings with carbs in mind, and I thought they came out great.
facelessnumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:16 PM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by facelessnumber View Post
I made some low (maybe no) carb wings last night actually... Got a bag of frozen wings, about two dozen, put them in a broiler and baked at 375 for 45 minutes. Every 10-15 I basted them with melted butter to which I'd added garlic, red pepper and Louisiana hot sauce. Then after 45 minutes I hosed them down with the Louisiana, a little chili powder, black pepper and Tony Chachere's and I cranked the oven up to broil. About 5 minutes give or take, when I could tell the skin was starting to crisp just a bit and the sauce was getting dry, I flipped them and did the same thing to the other side.

That was the first time I'd cooked wings with carbs in mind, and I thought they came out great.
Ooooh that does sound good...I'm totally going to do this.I like a little sweet with my hot so I might add just a touch of sf maple syrup to your recipe.Thanks.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:17 PM   #8
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamblyn View Post
Papa Johns sauceless wings are very low carb and actually pretty good. Nice treat while everyone around me is eating pizza. Also I deep fry mine and then shake parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, garlic and Seasonall ontop of them while they are still hot from the fryer. The cheese melts enough to stick and they are addicting to my family. I usually fry them for about 15 minutes to make sure they are good and crispy.
I dont think im frying mine long enough because they are never really crispy.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:29 PM   #9
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
I don't deep fry them but I get them really crispy this way:
Bring a pot of water to a boil with a big pinch of salt (salt as you would water if you were cooking pasta).
Put the thawed wings in and boil for 8 minutes.
Drain and let them dry (a few minutes) while you pre-heat your oven to 400f.
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper (I find this important to get them crispy without having to turn them!) and put the wings on in a single layer and not touching.
(I sprinkle with cajun seasoning at this point)
Bake for 20 minutes until they're golden brown and the skin is crisp.

If you want them sauced, toss them in the sauce and return to the oven for 5-7 minutes to heat the sauce through and get it to caramelize a little.

http://www.onlineconversion.com/ <-- cooking and other conversions

Need to contact LCF?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/contact.html

Everyone has an opinion. Take what you need and leave the rest.

2014 resolution: stop being my own worst enemy and critic!
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:33 PM   #10
Gadget Gal

Gallery: Charski
Stats: 174 (WW)/145/150 goal 5'5"
WOE: ATKINS, or a slight variation thereof
Start Date: May 2003
I oven roast mine too. I start with a big rimmed sheet pan, lined first with heavy-duty foil, then a sheet of nonstick foil. I use the frozen wing sections, put them still frozen in a single layer on the pan. I have a seasoning mix I keep on hand - it's about half garlic salt, then the rest is smoked paprika, chile powder (some chipotle chili powder and some ancho chile powder), crushed dried oregano, black pepper, cumin, coriander (not too much of those last two, they have a strong flavor) and I think I put some dry mustard powder in there too. Shake that all up and sprinkle liberally over the wings, then pop into a preheated 425* oven for 45 minutes to an hour, or more for really crispy. Actually last night, I popped the unseasoned wings in the oven for 10 minutes, then pulled them out and added the seasoning - it stuck better to the wings that way, will probably do that from now on.

About 10 minutes before they're done, I melt up about 4 tablespoons of butter in a big ceramic mixing bowl, then add about 1/2 cup Cholula chile lime sauce and mix well. When the wings are crispy to my liking, I add them to the bowl and toss with the sauce. Eat with Ranch or bleu cheese dressing if you like. We usually don't though - DH isn't much on creamy dressings. We do like sweet potato fries with them too!

Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck.

I reject your reality and substitute my own! ~~ Adam on Mythbusters

Last edited by Charski; 01-31-2013 at 01:35 PM..
Charski is offline   Reply With Quote