Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2013, 03:14 PM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Soobee
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: September 2000
JODY'S PUMPKIN BAKE - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes
Soobee is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2013, 12:24 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shimbus
Stats: 190/182/140
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 1/23/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soobee View Post
JODY'S PUMPKIN BAKE - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes
Thanks!!
shimbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:44 PM   #33
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
you may find over time, that your tastes change.

so many things i loved as a young'n, I would not touch today, not because of a health related reason, but because i just do not like them anymore. I would only eat eggs cooked by my (earth)dad. It was pancake style, and well done on both sides, with oodles of ketchup. Now, my fave is a sunny side egg, sitting atop another critter, with the yolk runny. Love & Profits:FLATFERENGHI
flatferenghi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:36 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kalatraza
Stats: 280/255/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2011
I hate eggs too! But. . . am trying to learn to like them. Because they are cheap and a handy low carb food -- and (why did this have to be the case) they are one of my husband's favorite things in the whole world.

Anyway, the big winner so far for me has been the breakfast dishes on the blog called "Kalyn's Kitchen" called "egg bakes." Go to her recipe section under breakfast and look for the egg bakes specifically. These are her newer casseroles that have a lot more "stuff" and a lot less "egg." I like them quite a bit and can almost forget that there are eggs in there. Her recipes are not specifically low carb as she does South Beach, so you may have to tinker a bit, but it's a good starting point if nothing else!

My favorite "wow this is interesting" one is the chicken sausage kale version. My favorite everyday one is the ham and cheddar. They work just fine for any meal of the day, not just breakfast. They do make a LOT, so check that out before you crack those eggs. I usually only make half since it's just the two of us here.
kalatraza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:44 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: millergirl1976
Stats: 166.6/146.8/135<- 28in waist
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Restart. 3/31/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charski View Post
This is a really good quiche recipe (if I do say so myself! ) and you can adapt the ingredients to your own taste. Even my DH likes it and he's NOT a big egg fan, especially if it tastes "eggy" -

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...ss-quiche.html
I was going to add this, but Char beat me to it. Also, add ingredients- I make a baked quiche every week, based on Chars' recipe. I add spices, veggies and protein to give it a variety of flavors.

My current two favorites are asparagus/spinach/ham and swiss seasoned with garlic salt and pepper, and chicken/spinach/pico de gallo/salsa and cheddar seasoned with cumin, oregano, salt and pepper.

I also like to sprinkle in nutritional yeast and chia seeds. The quiche becomes my power breakfast!
millergirl1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:17 PM   #36
Yaz
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Yaz
Baked scotch eggs are nice if you like eggs. I use ground turkey in place of sausage, but you could use any kind of ground meat you like.

I like to change mine up by adding different seasonings to it. I'll make an indian version by adding pureed onion and indian spices to the turkey and wrapping it around the boiled eggs.

Mexican ones are nice too, I just add some salsa and mexican spice mix to the turkey.

They're great to just toss in your purse (in a baggie!) for a quick meal on the go.
Yaz is offline   Reply With Quote