Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2013, 01:01 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Omphaloskeptical
Stats: 5'7", 236/201/136, 18-20%bf
WOE: High fat, <100 carbs/day, Atkins-paleo-ish
Grandma Jean's Zippy Sauce and Birthday Dinner

Hi all,

I'm going to my parents tonight for a birthday dinner (my 28th birthday is tomorrow). I started back on the wagon as of Jan. 1, I have lost 14 lbs and have not cheated once, so I wanted to be sure that my birthday dinner wasn't going to sabotage me.

Before I could say anything my Mom asked me what I wanted, and I said a big hunk of beef and something carrot-y - so she's making a rib roast, low carb zucchini casserole and almond flour carrot cake with cream cheese frosting with no sugar of course. Man, do I love high fat/ low carb eating!

To top it all off, I thought that I would make my favorite sauce in the world to bring for the beef. After licking the spoon (okay, okay...and the bowl too!) after it was done, I just HAD to share with all of you, as it it is the only kind thing, I realized. I think low-carbers should know the power of my Grandma Jean's Zippy Sauce

So here it is:
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup good mustard
(Grandma Jean has always said to be sure it is strong and has good flavor - I use French's Yellow, but you may want to use something fancier if you are picky)
2 tablespoons grated onion
2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice

Mix it all up. Try to resist eating it off the spoon . Warm before serving or serve cold, if desired. To be served with meat or whatever you want.

Particularly good with ham, but is also is great with beef or poultry. I'm thinking of using it more regularly to give my meals pizzazz and the extra fat that helps me stay full longer.

If any of you try it, and use it in some other way, please let me know...because you can never have too much Zippy! Always looking for new ideas.

-O

Last edited by Omphaloskeptical; 01-26-2013 at 01:02 PM..
Omphaloskeptical is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2013, 02:00 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: slbbw
Stats: 234/199/150
WOE: Low Carb <30
Start Date: 1977,2000,Apr,2010
Looks fab. I'm gonna try it
slbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:29 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Jennifer Eloff
WOE: Atkins/Moderate Carbs
Start Date: 1999
Yum!! And, congrats on getting back on the wagon and doing so well already. Keep it up! 2013 is going to be a good year for you.
Jennifer Eloff is offline   Reply With Quote