Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   I got a cuisinart for Christmas! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/795379-i-got-cuisinart-christmas.html)

rrrhan 01-25-2013 10:43 AM

I got a cuisinart for Christmas!

I got a Cuisinart pro classic 7 cup food processor, and I have no idea what to make with it~

Any suggestions?

sofl 01-25-2013 04:56 PM

Hi rrrhan,

I have the same Cuisinart and I actually use it more than I thought I would. I do keep it next to my sink so I't convenient and not "out of sight - out of mind".

I make mashed cauliflower a lot. I also like to use it to slice turnips for scalloped turnips. I'm trying to think of what else I use it for.....I'll get back with you, as I remember, but I know the great cooks on here have tons of ideas.

rosethorns 01-25-2013 05:31 PM

I make cauliflour rice , shredded cheese, grating pork rinds. I will think more Robyn.

Dottie 01-25-2013 07:17 PM

I did too! I took my husband to the store and said THAT ONE. He was looking at the ninja system and I smacked him in the back of the head and said NO. THAT ONE :laugh:

ravenrose 01-25-2013 10:57 PM

great for shredding or slicing vegetables, raw. also making cauliflower puree, cooked.

interesting that I use it a LOT but can't really think about what I make.

the three main functions are pureeing and chopping, both done with the metal blade, and the slicing/shredding done with the disks.

RVlady 01-26-2013 12:59 AM

Every weekend, my DH sits at the counter with a few large onions and 3 lbs of fresh mushrooms. Slices them both with the Cuisinart and caramelizes the onions and sautees the mushrooms. I then am nice enough to give him cheese to grate..(yes, I know, sometimes I am simply too good to him :) )
His reward is how quickly I am able to throw meals together when all this bounty is stashed in the refrigerator. Super machine and gets a lot of use from both of us.

I think ours is the 11 cup. For the grandkids, I make pizza dough and french bread like hard roll dough in minutes.

You might enjoy watching the Cuisinart videos on YouTube also.

Good luck with your new toy.
Connie

watcher513 01-26-2013 03:54 AM

If you make LC cream cheese pies and make a crust. Use the S blade for grinding up almonds or pecans for the crust.

RVcook 01-26-2013 06:56 AM

I too have a 7-cup model. Besides the obvious duties of basic shredding, chopping and mixing, I've used mine for these things:

almond and/or peanut butter;
almond milk and/or coconut milk;
pureeing homemade greek yogurt after draining;
grinding meat for homemade sausage (worked OK before I got a real grinder);
mincing fresh mushrooms for vegetarian burgers;
homemade mayo (works flawlessly);
fauxtatoes;
breadcrumbs;
'kneading' bread dough;
biscuits and/or pie crust.

The "liquidy" things are a bit touchy as you can't overload the bowl or it will overflow, but you will figure that out as you go. Mine sits out on the countertop between the stove and sink ready for use on a moment's notice.

Welcome to the Cuisinart family!

Dottie 01-26-2013 07:08 AM

I found the disk won't grate frozen cauliflower, but it makes fast (and not messy) work of the thawed for cauliflower rice.
I also like it to shred zucchini.
And slice zucchini, tomatoes and onions paper-thin for a gratin :)