Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Chia seed ? Lets talk about this. (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/795281-chia-seed-lets-talk-about.html)

MsWoods 01-24-2013 04:39 PM

Chia seed ? Lets talk about this.

Exactly how much do you eat a day or can you eat a day? I just made my very first chia seed drink and omg! Its amazing. I dont want to drink things without it now lol.

I just put half a packet of lemonade crystal light and a sprinkling of lemonade kool aid powder in a 16oz bottle of water with a tsp of white chia seeds and let it sit for 15 minutes then shook and enjoy!

I can't believe it took me this long to try chia seeds.

buttoni 01-24-2013 05:48 PM

I haven't tried them in smoothies yet but I am trying to introduce it into my diet where I can. I have some ground that I keep on the table in a salt shaker right by the S & P. I sprinkle them on lots of foods on my plate or my salads. It's an easy way to get the health benefits in an undetectable way, without having to intake sweetener and dairy/almond milk other stuff I'm trying to cut back on. I like the sound of your little lemon concoction though, Michelle. I'll have to try that using real lemon juice. I get headaches from aspartame and I think C-Light has it.

MsWoods 01-24-2013 05:58 PM

Well the most popular drink I've found is chia fresca. It's water, lemon or lime juice, I would also slice up some of the fruit and put in it, and chia seeds. The chia seeds have a great texture in drinks.

CindyCRNA 01-24-2013 06:35 PM

Careful in your experimentation! I started with 2T a day in a few things and had a touch of GI distress. My understanding is 1T per day is a commonly used amount. I posted a recipe for chia chocolate pudding which was like chocolate tapioca.

rosethorns 01-24-2013 06:37 PM

LOL Michelle . That's how I feel about glucomannan. I love chia seed in meatloaf,smoothies & green smoothies a lot of stuff. Yum.

MsWoods 01-24-2013 06:57 PM

Well Cindy, I eat a lot of glucomannan and shiratake noodles so if its from the fiber my stomach is uses to a lot of fiber lol.

buttoni 01-25-2013 08:22 AM

LOL Michelle. I'm starting to think of you as the glucomannan/shirataki QUEEN around here. LOL

"Chia queen, move over. Here I Come!", says Michelle. :)

MsWoods 01-25-2013 09:57 AM

I can't believe my bf even likes the chia drink I made last night. He will never try anything "weird" I make, so I didn't tell him there were chia seeds in it. I just said it was lemonade. So he tried it and he liked it, then he drank a whole bottle of chia raspberry lemonade I made. Shock! Maybe I can get him to drink more water this way.

DixieMoon 01-25-2013 12:13 PM

I put half a scoop in my CarbMaster yogurt. Love it.

CindyCRNA 01-26-2013 08:28 AM

Are you a Pinterest fan? There are a lot of Chia recipes on Pinterest.

MsWoods 01-26-2013 09:12 AM

Yes Cindy I've been looking on pinterest. All I've seen are drinks, shakes, and pudding.