Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2013, 07:27 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: RAWR.its.BREN
*sigh* cooking, my biggest enemy!

Hello all
I've been reading posts on here for a while now, they always come up on my google searches. But I never really thought about joining until tonight. I know there are probably plenty of threads about this, but I am posting for the first time ever so I wanted to ask my own questions.

I am extremely lazy about food. I hate cooking, I hate standing over the stove for more than 10 minutes. The hardest meal for me is breakfast because I'm not a mourning person! So when I have to get up for work I simply skip it. I literally give myself a half hour to get ready. That's it. I'm not a huge fan of breakfast food, eggs just don't really do it for me unless I'm eating em' with toast! lol

I love the idea of making my own shakes, but then when it comes down to it I can't stand protein powders, and they all make me feel pretty sick because I am sensitive to dairy.

When I say I hate cooking...I mean I loathe it. I see so many people discussing eating left overs for breakfast, which is a great idea, if I ever had any lol. I am an instant gratification kind of girl. I spend way too much money on buying stuff that's already made. I eat nothing but salads and get really bored and end up breaking my diet for chicken nuggets.

So yes, I realize I need to start cooking more, and mostly for breakfast. So I just need some really easy and quick ideas. I don't have access to a lot of fancy products. I live in a small town and the only store we have is Kroger. So I have little to work with here, so keep that in mind

Is there even hope for me? lol I'm not sure. All I do know is I want to make this life style work for me, it has proven successful, I just have a lot of trouble sticking with it because I get bored with my food options.

Thanks guys!
RAWR.its.BREN is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2013, 10:00 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mojave
WOE: Atkins
Hi RAWR.its.BREN and welcome! Lots of great lowcarb meals can be made with a minimal amount of stove watching. Crockpots are an option, also making a batch of foods you can eat all week.
You can change the way you feel and act.There are so many great recipes on this forum, you don't have to be bored with your choices.Try approaching the changes with a sense of adventure and creativity.
As for shakes you can use egg based protein powder and almond milk.There are some great threads on shakes. Try tuna muffins, cream cheese muffins. Very easy and a minimal amount of cooking. This board is the greatest for support and information.Check out past threads, and try something new tomorrow.

Dee
mojave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:44 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ann Lytle
Hi Bren, welcome you'll be glad you joined us, everyone is very helpful here. You sound like me, I'm retired now from day care and don't have to cook for the children anymore. I have a tendency to grab whatever is in the fridge for breakfast. Cold pizza made on Joseph' lavish bread, which I make several and freeze. Last week I made chili and veg.beef soup in the crock pot and froze in serving size portions, that's what I'm having this morning. It does take a little thinking, but you can do it. The crock pot is helpful if you really don't want to spend time cooking. Lots of recipes on here...... again welcome.................... Ann
Ann Lytle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:17 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: rosethorns
Stats: 252/140/150
WOE: atkins I eat non allergic food
Start Date: restarted 1-07

Here are a few threads to help. But as I tell my sister you have to cook for a life style change. She eats no eggs. That is challenging.

3 ingredient recipes

Add your favorite Crock Pot Recipe!
Crockpots are great, ya just have to put everyting in and it cooks without you.

These are Cleao's revolution rolls that she calls Oopsies. These are great for induction.
Cleochatra's Revoloopsie Rolls (home-made hamburger buns and more)

Breakfast ideas instead of bacon/eggs?

Krogers has a lot of low carb foods. They carry carbmasters low carb yogurt if you like yogurt.

here is one Pizza crust idea.
Breakfast ideas instead of bacon/eggs?

another.....
Thin & Crispy Pizza Crust! Easiest EVER! Pics included!

This ones is great also. Not every recipe is for induction.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...s-newbies.html

And this website is Linda Sue's. Awesome website. * this means it is induction friendly on her website, it's next to the name of the recipe.
Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes - Home

this is a good arsenal to start with. A lot of reading.
Hope this helps

One more thing Netrition carries a lot of our foods. When you hit the Netrition word it will take you to their website.

May we all live our life as long as we want!

Last edited by rosethorns; 01-20-2013 at 05:30 AM..
rosethorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:48 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: RAWR.its.BREN
Thanks so much!

mojave, do you know a specific brand that is egg based protein powder? I use soy milk a lot already because I am sensitive to dairy. I've never tried the almond breeze though. Sounds yummy.

rosethorns, I can't thank you enough for these helpful links! I buy a lot of carbmaster yogurt actually. I discovered it in my Kroger about 2 months ago. I love it! I got a crock pot as a wedding present, but I really have never used it. I've heard it is soo easy, but I guess I just feel like I have no clue how or what to cook in it lol!

I am going to scroll through here and read as many posts as I can I certainly love this site!!
RAWR.its.BREN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:05 PM   #6

Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
tell us what your WOE (eating plan) is at this point.

I highly recommend La Tortilla Factory low carb tortillas at 3 grams per tortilla, with lots of melted cheese and a LITTLE salsa. perhaps avocado, sour cream, lettuce, cilantro. whatever you like. microwave in about 40 seconds and you have a tasty hot meal.
ravenrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:18 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mojave
WOE: Atkins
Jay Robb makes an egg white protein powder . It is pricey, but the quality of Jay Robb is excellent. Almond Breeze unsweetened is what I use.

Dee
mojave is offline   Reply With Quote