Delicious and Easy
I'm sure this is not new or original or anything like that but it sure was yummy and cured my intense craving for italian food:
Broiled Chicken Pesto
1. Cube and brown several boneless, skinless chicken breasts in a little olive oil with minced onion and garlic salt.
2. layer the cooked chicken in a casserole dish
3. spread a fair amount of pesto over the chicken
4. pour the lowest carb tomato sauce you can find over it (i used about 1/2 cup maybe?)
5. sprinkle the top with italian cheese (i used mozarella) and put under the broiler till brown and bubbly.
6. let it sit for a few minutes...it appears pretty oily at first as the oil has separated out from the pesto but as you serve it and sort of mix it around it takes a very nice saucy consistency
Hope you enjoy it!
Sounds GREAT! I threw together a similar dish with some layers of eggplant awhile back that was truly scrumptious. I love anything Italian. Mmmmm.
This sounds interesting, and I've got a big jar of pesto from Costco. Think I'll bake whole chicken breasts with the suggested seasonings, then pull the meat off the bones and go from there, so I can use the bones for stock.
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:53 AM.|