Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 09:45 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: spoiltmomof2
Stats: 230/180/138
WOE: Lap Band/LC
What is the quickest and easiest way to make chicken wings?

I have individually frozen chicken wings. What's the easiest way to make hot wings with them?

Extra points if it can be done without thawing them first.
spoiltmomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2013, 10:30 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stewcarol
I put them on a foil lined cookie sheet. Spray pam on the foil. Spread wings on sheet and I will usually season them with a seasoning mixture (like mccormick steak seasoning.) Bake wings at 400 degrees till they start to look crispy on top. Drawnback with frozen wings is that as they thaw the foil gets wet and they don't crisp great all over, but not a big deal. Once cooked (I like them cooked well, like 1hr.) Add melted butter to hot sauce in large bowl, then toss the wings in there before serving. This is very rough and from memory, so I hesitate to submit...perhaps you will get some better feedback. Don't forget the blue cheese or ranch dressing for dipping and maybe some celery too! These taste good plain too. If you want them a little crispier, you can transfer them to another foil lined baking sheet sprayed with Pam once they are mostly cooked (hassle, but I do this for husband who likes them well done)
stewcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:36 AM   #3
Gadget Gal

Gallery: Charski
Stats: 174 (WW)/145/150 goal 5'5"
WOE: ATKINS, or a slight variation thereof
Start Date: May 2003
I do exactly as stewcarol except I do them at 450* for 45 minutes. They get crispy that way.

I also line my big baking sheet with heavy-duty foil, then put a piece of the nonstick foil in the bottom of the pan. They seem to get crispier on that, not sure why, and they don't stick to it.

I use about 2 tablespoons melted butter to 1/2 cup Franks Red Hot sauce - the chile & lime one is fantastic, if you can find it!
Charski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:35 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dizneegirl
We do them in the oven, as well. For crispier, when I remember, I put them on a wire rack on top of the foil-lined pan. When I don't remember (usually... ), I just use the non-stick, and flip them halfway through.
dizneegirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:44 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PassionateFire
Stats: 228.5/189.9/150-160 LBM 125
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: September 4, 2012
I put mine on parchment paper at 450 & they always come out crispy. When I made them last week I forgot to flip them and they were great on both sides and they were cooked from frozen.
PassionateFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:04 PM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: pocahontas
We do them on the grill, love the crispy bits! If you cant do the grill this time of year, I do them same as Char above. I usually make my own chipotle sauce.
pocahontas is online now   Reply With Quote