Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   What's your favorite salad? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/792672-whats-your-favorite-salad.html)

muncheechee 01-02-2013 08:56 PM

What's your favorite salad?

I made a blt salad tonight and it was soooo good! Usually I'm disappointed with how my salads turn out but this was so yummy. I'd like to add more salads to our meals and could use some ideas.

So what's your favorite salad?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BLT Salad
Mix mayo into chopped lettuce until lightly covered and add bacon, a little tomato, cheddar cheese, salt & pepper.

Cindy P 01-02-2013 09:12 PM

caprese salad...
grape tomaotes sliced in half
buffalo mozzarella
and basil leaves
with a small amount of good olive oil drizzled over the top
salt and pepper.. YUMMMM... one of my favorites.

zagnut 01-02-2013 09:50 PM

I love salads! I just throw stuff together most of the time, whatever I have in the house. Some of my faves are
Chicken breast, sunflower seeds, tomato, bacon, olives, cheese, lettuce with chunky blue cheese dressing.
Another is ham, olives, feta cheese, onion, on spinach with homemade mustard and apple cider vinegar dressing. (just ground mustard, ACV and some splenda)
I love red beets in salads too, and frozen peas and cranberries. It just depends on my carb count for the day with how much of what I throw in, lol.

Jakelilydad 01-02-2013 10:26 PM

My go to side salad is a mix of spring mix and baby arugala (sp?), a couple of sliced crimini mushrooms, some grape tomatoes cut in half, and either sliced almonds or sunflower seeds. Toss with a dijon/balsemic vinaigrette. Yum.

Strawberry 01-02-2013 11:24 PM

I really like the combo of mixed baby greens with blueberries, feta cheese, toasted pecans, and balsamic dressing.

slbbw 01-03-2013 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strawberry (Post 16167532)
I really like the combo of mixed baby greens with blueberries, feta cheese, toasted pecans, and balsamic dressing.

I think you stole my salad.. or I stole yours? :shake:

PassionateFire 01-03-2013 07:21 AM

My favourite is baby spinach with diced red pepper, feta cheese, balsamic vinaigrette and occasionally left over chicken. If I'm adding chicken for work I'll put the spinach in 1 container and the rest in another so the chicken marinates throughout the morning in the dressing/feta mixture.

The Chicken Lady 01-03-2013 11:00 AM

I love:
Tuna salad with lots of boiled eggs and pork rinds
Taco salad with guacamole and pork rinds
Chicken salad on avocado halves drizzled with low carb sesame seed dressing and pork rinds
Wilted salad with boiled eggs, hot bacon dressing and pork rinds
Shrimp salad with Jicama slaw and pork rinds
But my very favorite is a Chefs salad with homemade Thousand Island dressing and yes, pork rinds... LOL

flatferenghi 01-03-2013 01:46 PM

for me, it is about colors.

lots of different colored veggies, with plenty of crunch (esp from celery), a nice fatty dressing, and about 1/2 oz to 1 oz of nuts for add'l crunch. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI

NH_Free 01-04-2013 05:31 AM

German Salad and Maurice Salad, both on LindaSue's website.

evas 01-04-2013 09:03 AM

Taco salad! My favorite combo is taco beef with romaine, onion, tomato, extra sharp cheddar, and cilantro. For the dressing I mix Ortega taco sauce with sour cream. Sometimes, if I can spare a few more carbs I will add black beans.

Another favorite is spinach, feta, chopped salami, grape tomatoes, thin sliced onion and sunflower seeds topped with pretty much any type of homemade vinaigrette

sya_unit 01-05-2013 08:39 AM

Our salad mix that we keep in the fridge all the time:

50:50 mix salad
sliced cucumbers
sliced celery
grape tomato
(we keep this in a big bowl and grab a handful and add the following)
sliced hb egg
bacon crumbs
sliced ham (or I should say sliced meat)
maybe some nuts of some sort (I use almonds)
shredded cheese
sliced avocado

I have some different dressings i keep on hand but Blue Cheese is my go to. Or ranch, or whatever?

I keep all of the above and make a mini salad with most meals. Make it small and decadent and you will love it!

cgarza 01-05-2013 07:15 PM

Faux potato salad. Made with cauliflower instead of potatoes. I make a batch and eat a little every day for 4 or 5 days.
Yum!