Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 03:48 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mobear
Stats: 235/195/LESS
WOE: Bernstein
Start Date: 9/2010
Suggestions for pork chops

I'm making DH breaded/fried/baked pork chops tomorrow. I use the recipe from his mom - and it definitely isn't low carb.

I've tried making this for DH and just adding in my naked pork chops (with just seasoning) and they tend to come out kind of tough. I keep thinking I should coat them in something and brown in the skillet (like I do his) and then bake them.

Any suggestions for something for the coating that wouldn't involve bread or cracker crumbs? I've thought about pork rinds and parm cheese. Anyone use this combo? Should I fry them? I just don't want to have tough chops for myself .

Thanks
Mobear is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2013, 07:54 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: That Girl
I criss cross two pieces of bacon on a pam sprayed cookie sheet, lay a pork chop down, top it with a slice of each of these: onion, tomato, green/red pepper and a slice mushroom. Take the strips of bacon and cross back over the pile of veggies. Cook for 45 minutes to one hour.....Delish!
That Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:46 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: froggyx6
I use crushed Salt and Vinegar pork rinds. You don't taste the vinegar but it gives some extra flavor.
froggyx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:46 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/200/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
I pound out pork chops until they are fairly thin (1/4" or so), rub some seasoning on them, dip them in egg wash (egg and water or cream), bread them with almond flour, the pan fry in olive oil (or lard or other preferred frying oil would be fine). I've had some issues with almond flour alone sticking to other foods, but the pork chops always come out great this way. Also, make sure you don't overcook the pork. I cook them until they are about 150-160 F.
Mistizoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:11 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ginaaaaaa
WOE: High Carb Low Fat
Start Date: April 2009
I have used Jennifer Eloff's gluten free flour for breading and just add whatever seasonings i like and it works great for chicken and pork. I've used it for chicken Parmesan and added Parmesan cheese, garlic and Italian seasonings and we couldn't tell the difference. I also used it to make shake and bake pork chops too with a low carb shake and bake recipe. I scaled the recipe down the first time I made it to make sure I liked it first.

Shake 'N Bake Mix - Low Carb Style -

2 cups dried onion
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper blend
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon ground sage
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1 tablespoon sweet paprika
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
2 bay leaves crushed
1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 C Protein Powder

Place dried onion in a food processor or blender. Pulse for 1 minute. Add everything except the Parmesan Cheese and pulse for 1 minute. Add the Parmesan and pulse for about 10 seconds.

You can use this as a coating for fried fish, fried chicken, country fried steak, chicken wings, pork chops, etc.
Ginaaaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:41 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mobear
Stats: 235/195/LESS
WOE: Bernstein
Start Date: 9/2010
Thanks for the suggestions they sound great!
Mobear is offline   Reply With Quote