Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 10:42 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: KellyMarie38
Stats: 144.8-136.8-135.8-130 & tone-5'7" tall
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 07/2001
Any new carbquik recipes?

Are there any new carbquik recipes or favorites anyone can share?
KellyMarie38 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2012, 01:43 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jmc305
Stats: 323/220/205
WOE: Atkins mostly
Start Date: September 2011
I don't know about new ones, but check out this thread.

Carbquik Recipes

For my money, you can't beat Haleysnana's biscuits, but I'm a good ol Southern boy who likes his biscuits. I tried a cheese danish recipe that was pretty good too. I like Carbquik in general, but some would consider it "Frankenfood" and not keeping with the spirit of the clean, healthy LC lifestyle. But it's tasty stuff.
jmc305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:54 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: KellyMarie38
Stats: 144.8-136.8-135.8-130 & tone-5'7" tall
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 07/2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc305 View Post
I don't know about new ones, but check out this thread.

Carbquik Recipes

For my money, you can't beat Haleysnana's biscuits, but I'm a good ol Southern boy who likes his biscuits. I tried a cheese danish recipe that was pretty good too. I like Carbquik in general, but some would consider it "Frankenfood" and not keeping with the spirit of the clean, healthy LC lifestyle. But it's tasty stuff.
I went through that thread was just wondering if there were anymore new ones out there.
KellyMarie38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:59 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jmc305
Stats: 323/220/205
WOE: Atkins mostly
Start Date: September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyMarie38 View Post
I went through that thread was just wondering if there were anymore new ones out there.
I don't see a lot. I think people are cautious to get too attached to a product that may get discontinued. And, another thing is the "frankenfood" and "paleo" factor. People are trying to distance themselves from wheat/gluten products. I don't see many bloggers putting out new stuff with Carbquik; it's mostly almond meal, flax, coconut flour, etc.
jmc305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:01 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: drjlocarb
Stats: 274 /219/190
WOE: vlc/NK
Start Date: LC-1999,jan2010 274 NK 1-1-13 at 244
You might try asking your question in the recipe section.

I use CQ in recipes that call for almond flour , but I sub CQ for 1/2 of the almond flour.
drjlocarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:05 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alonewithyou
Stats: 5'4, 150 lbs
WOE: Atkins >20 carbs a day
Start Date: 09-01-10/10-29-12/01-10-13/07-29-13
A few recipes from Peace, love and low carb:

1 Carb Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
These taste so much like the real deal that it was hard to even get them into the pan without eating all of the batter. I would like to say a few things about the ingredients though. Normally with all of my recipes I try and only use things that are readily available to everyone and easily found at the grocery store. This recipe is a little different in that it does contain a couple of ingredients I had to purchase online. I bought the Carbquik some time ago because I had seen it mentioned on a lot of low-carb forums and I wanted to try it. It has lasted me forever because I have not done much with it. Other than Carbquik, I have yet to find a product that I like as a substitute for flour. Especially when it comes to baking. The PB2 I bought so that I could try out some protein shake recipes for my husband. You can easily omit the PB2 from this recipe. It will lower the carb count even further and I'm sure they will still taste delicious. Lastly, the Swerve Sweetener was sent to me by the company along with some prizes for the contest I am currently holding. I am under no obligation to try and sell their product or even review it. But I will say this... It is far and away the best sweetener I have tried yet. In fact I made this recipe because I felt the Swerve deserved to be used in something other than my morning cup of bean juice. With all that being said, here is the recipe...

INGREDIENTS
1/2 Cup Salted Butter - Melted (If you only have unsalted butter, just add 1/4 tsp salt to dry ingredients)
2 Eggs
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1/3 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
3/4 Cup Swerve All- Natural Sweetener (You can use your sweetener of choice here... But if using Splenda, I would recommend cutting back the amount some) - Get it here -Swerve
1/2 Cup CarbQuik - This is where I bought it -Tova Carbquik Bake Mix
4 Tbs. PB2 - This is where I bought it -Bell Plantation PB2 Powdered Peanut
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
(2 Tbs. Peace and Love)

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350*

Line a 9x11 baking dish with parchment paper

In a large mixing bowl, mix melted butter and sweetener until well combined

Add eggs, and vanilla extract and beat with a hand mixer (You can do this all by hand but using a mixer will give it a smoother texture)

Mix in cocoa powder and PB2

Sift the remaining dry ingredients (carbquik and baking powder) into the mixture. Use a rubber spatula to fold in the dry ingredients until all ingredients are well combined and your batter is free of lumps.

Pour batter into baking dish and bake on the middle rack at 350* for 25 minutes or until you can stick a toothpick in the center and it comes out clean. For me, this was exactly 25 minutes.

SERVE AND ENJOY!!!

This batch makes 15 brownies and is only 16 net carbs for the entire batch.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pumpkin Loaf with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting

INGREDIENTS
***For the pumpkin loaf***
4 oz. Cream Cheese - Softened
1/4 Cup Butter - Softened
1 1/4 Cup Sweetener - Erythritol - I use Swerve - You can get it here - Swerve
2 Eggs
1 Cup Canned Pumpkin
1 3/4 Cup Carbquik - You can get it here - Carbquik
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 Tbs. plus 1 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
(2 Tbs. Peace and Love)

***For the frosting***
4 oz. Cream Cheese - Softened
2 Tbs. Butter
1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 Cup Powdered Erythritol - I used Swerve
(2 Tbs. Peace and Love)

DIRECTIONS
***For the pumpkin loaf***
Preheat oven to 350*

Grease a 9.25x5.25x2.75 loaf pan.

Using a hand mixer or food processor, cream together cream cheese, butter, and Swerve in a large mixing bowl.

Mix in eggs one at a time. Then mix in pumpkin and vanilla extract.

In a separate mixing bowl, combine Carbquik, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Fold dry ingredients into wet.

Pour batter into greased loaf pan. Bake 45 minutes.

Place pan on a cooling rack and allow to cool before frosting

***For the frosting***

Using a hand mixer or food processor, cream together cream cheese, and butter. Mix in vanilla extract and cinnamon. Gradually mix in powdered erythritol.

Frost loaf, slice, SERVE AND ENJOY!!

Makes 12 Slices:
1 Slice:
Calories: 173
Carbs: 2.3 net g
Fat: 13 g
Protein: 6 g

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Low-Carb Mini Apple Pies
These mini-pies are delicious. They come it at just 9 net carbs each. This is a little higher than I normally like to make my recipes but given the portion size and the fact that it is dessert, I'm okay with the carb count. I hope you like them as much as we did. These reminded us of the apple pies from McDonald's but much healthier and without the guilt. Enjoy!

INGREDIENTS
***For the Dough***
4 oz. Cream Cheese
4 oz. Salted Butter
1 Cup Carbquik - You can find it here - Tova Carbquik Bake Mix
2 Tbs. Heavy Cream
1 Tbs. Splenda - Brown Sugar Blend - You can find it here - Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
1 Tbs. Splenda
1 tsp. Almond Extract
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon

***For the Apples***
2 Small Apples - Peeled and Cored
1 Tbs. Lemon Juice
1 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
3 Tbs. Butter
4 packets of Splenda
(2 Tbs. Peace and Love)

DIRECTIONS
***For the Dough***

In a large mixing bowl combine cream cheese, butter, sweeteners, cinnamon, almond extract and heavy cream. Mix until well combined

Add in the Carbquik and mix until well incorporated. Form the dough into one large ball and let refrigerate for one hour

***For the Apples***

Peel and core your apples and chop them into bite size pieces

In a medium sauce pan, over medium heat combine apples, lemon juice, cinnamon, butter, and splenda. Allow the apples to cook until soft - About 10 minutes. Stir constantly. Remove from heat and let sit

Preheat oven to 350* and line a baking sheet with parchment paper

Remove the dough from the refrigerator and divide into four balls. Form the dough into four flat circles on the parchment paper. About 1/4 inch thick. Be sure to space them as far apart as you can as they will spread quite a bit.

Bake the crusts for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes remove the crusts from the oven. Place 1/4 of your apple mixture on one side of each crust. Using a spatula, fold the dough over the apple mixture, covering the apples and creating a half-moon shape. Press the edges together to seal it. Brush the top of each pie with a little melted butter and sprinkle with some splenda and cinnamon.

Bake for 15 more minutes or until each pie is a nice golden brown color and crispy around the edges

SERVE AND ENJOY!!

Makes 4 Servings - 9.5 Net grams of carbs per serving

2 Net Carb Peanut Butter Cookies

These cookies are the closest to the "real deal" that I have ever tasted. It took me three batches to perfect this recipe. There are a lot of ways that you could make this recipe lower in carbs but I wanted it to taste as close to the real thing as possible. Weighing in at just 3 net carbs per cookie, this recipe is sure to not blow your carb budget for the day....So long as you have the restraint to stop after one or two. A majority of the carbs in this recipe come from the brown sugar splenda blend. You can omit this but I felt like that brown sugar flavor was essential for a good peanut butter cookie. You can also substitute PB2 for the peanut butter to further lower the carb count.

INGREDIENTS
1/2 Cup Salted Butter
1/2 Cup Crunchy Peanut Butter
1/4 Cup Sweetener (Erythritol) I used Swerve
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar Splenda
1 Egg
1 Cup Carbquik
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
3/4 tsp. Baking Soda
(2 Tbs. Peace and Love)

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 375*

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper

Using a hand mixer cream together butter and peanut butter

Mix in egg, vanilla, sweetener, and brown sugar Splenda

Sift Carbquik, baking powder, and baking soda into the wet ingredients

Using a rubber spatula, fold dry ingredients into the wet ingredients

Refrigerate 1 hour

Drop spoonfuls of dough onto parchment paper

Bake 10-12 minutes

Let cool and ENJOY!!

Makes 24 cookies

If made into 24 cookies - 3.3 net carbs per cookie

Don't forget that you can substantially lower this count by replacing the brown sugar splenda with an alternative sweetener or by using PB2 instead of peanut butter

I can't vouch for their taste or how new they are, but it's something

Last edited by alonewithyou; 01-14-2013 at 08:07 AM..
alonewithyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:09 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: rosethorns
Stats: 252/140/150
WOE: atkins I eat non allergic food
Start Date: restarted 1-07
Carquick is great if you can eat it. We made many many recipes from this lovely stuff.
rosethorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:30 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stewcarol
I bought my first box of carbquick about 5 years ago I think...and several more after that. Stepped away from low carb for a couple years (I'm baaaaaaack) and pleased to see it is still for sale. The basic biscuits can't be beat imo and it seems so much easier than having all the right combinations of ingredients (noticed psyllium husks now showing up lots in recipes.) Like others said, frankenfood but that's ok with me if it is used in moderation and definitely better than having the real biscuit. Sorry no new recipes from me, good ones listed above to try.
stewcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:26 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alonewithyou
Stats: 5'4, 150 lbs
WOE: Atkins >20 carbs a day
Start Date: 09-01-10/10-29-12/01-10-13/07-29-13
Does it make you stall?
alonewithyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:39 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
I used to use it in small amounts in a lot of my bread, cake, pancake and cookie recipes. Even in some savory applications. But after reading Wheat Belly by Dr. Wm. Davis, I don't use it anymore. I'm avoiding wheat-based products totally now. However if you search the site on keywords "Carbquick" it will bring up just those recipes for you. Carbquick (Tova product) has their own recipe site as well and may add recipes to it from time to time.
buttoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:02 AM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Amypete19
Stats: 214/202/140
WOE: Trying to keep it at 30c
Start Date: March 2011
I bought the Atkins bake mix online about a year ago - and don't think i even opened it? Is it the same stuff???
Amypete19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:03 AM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: rosethorns
Stats: 252/140/150
WOE: atkins I eat non allergic food
Start Date: restarted 1-07
No not the same stuff Amy. There are a lot of foood you can make with it if you can handle the soy.That is all we had for a long time.
rosethorns is offline   Reply With Quote