Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 07:49 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 142/119.6/115
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: April 2014
pizza crust idea, need input?

I was thinking of buying and using a tortilla press to make one of the low carb pizza recipes since its sometimes diffcult to get it to a nice round shape. What do yall think? Will it work well?
Idreamofweightloss is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2012, 12:29 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: watcher513
Sure, I think it would work to make a personal size pizza crust. Experiment on how much to squeeze it down for the thickness you want. I'd think you could use either plastic wrap or parchment paper on the top and bottom of the press. Let us know how it goes.
watcher513 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:11 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RVcook
Stats: 153/143/125
WOE: 40/30/30
Start Date: 8/2012
OK...obvious question...why does your pizza have to be round?

The round shaping was used by original bakers to accommodate the pizza peels used to shuffle the pizza in and out of the wood fired, brick oven firing at 575+ degrees!

My Italian immigrant grandmother always made pizzas in a commercial sized, rectangular pan and the pizza was cut into squares. That is how my mom made it and that is how I make it. So the question is...do you really want to purchase a tortilla maker to make personal pizzas because you want them to be round? But if that's what you want to do, I'm guessing it would probably work.

I do (sort of) understand this. I have a friend from New York who will only eat pizza if it's cut into wedges Needless to say, I don't bother making pizza when she comes to visit.

When life happens, sometimes you NEED 'Plan C'...

Last edited by RVcook; 12-29-2012 at 08:12 AM..
RVcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:38 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Invictus
Stats: 281/267/199 5'11"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 12/28/2012
Quick Pizza

Hi there,

that sounds like a lot of work
I normally run around the house like a mad women so I need quick meals. Especially when im craving pizza, otherwise I will just grab my hubbys' red baron from the freezer and eat all of it!!!

I use a low carb tortilla (6carbs) and add a bit of Heinz Sugar Free Ketchup (1carb) and put slices of Turkey Pepperoni on it and some shredded cheese to top it off. You can add a variety of things just watch the carb count. Then I put in the oven, bake it on 400. Only takes a few minutes depending on how crispy you like it.
Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:22 AM   #5

Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
couldn't you roll it between sheets of waxed paper or something like that without the gizmo? I imagine that without the toughness of kneaded gluten, you are going to get a lot of either sticking or tearing. good luck though.
ravenrose is offline   Reply With Quote