Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2012, 12:11 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Widget
Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On Christmas Eve, DH and I had a wonderful turkey dinner at our daughter's house so we got to be with both of our kids and 4 grand-kids. Then we did the white elephant gift exchange. I ended up with a St. Patrick's Day very tall stove pipe hat and matching fedora, and some strands of St. Pat's Day beads. I put some beads and the fedora on DH, I wore beads and the stove pipe hat, the kids took pictures. Can't wait to see how they turn out.

We played a couple of games, then our daughter handed DH a beautifully wrapped gift about a foot square for both of us, and made him promise we wouldn't open it until Christmas. When we got home, I carried the box into the house, it had to weigh 15 pounds or more. I put it on the kitchen table and every time I walked past it, I wondered what could possibly be in there. Well, at about 11:30 P.M. I wondered the same thing out loud to DH. He said, "We can keep our promise and still open it at one minute past midnight."

At the appointed time, DH removed the wrapping paper and I opened the box. To my amazement, inside were 8 packages each of Miracle Angel Hair Pasta, Miracle Fettuccine and Miracle Rice.

Unbeknownst to our daughter, I (with very high hopes) had purchased a package of Miracle Angel Hair Pasta a couple of years ago. I made a great meat pasta sauce to put them in. DH and I each took a bite... because that's all we could hack.

I know some people rave about how good this stuff is. All I can say is, I need some 'miracle' recipes (And I do mean miracle!).
Widget is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-2012, 03:43 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: watcher513
I really can't help except to ask if you rinsed it 4 or 5 times. I understand that really helps. I know others will be in here answering about recipes.
watcher513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 03:52 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ann Lytle
I've heard people say, it isn't very good with pasta sauce. I tried the Angel Hair pasta with butter and parmesan cheese in the green can, I liked it, would buy again....... Ann
Ann Lytle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 04:00 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: rosethorns
Stats: 252/140/150
WOE: atkins I eat non allergic food
Start Date: restarted 1-07
I know nothing about them. But MsWoods is your lady. She loves them.
rosethorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:38 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tofucheez
For the rice, I'd use it in a mock tapioca pudding or dry fry it then make into "fried rice."

I don't like the noodles with a tomato based sauce, either......but love them in a thick creamy sauce (like alfredo made with laughing cow), or simmered in broth (to add flavor)and then drained and added to stir fry.
tofucheez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:35 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EllaP
Stats: 229/144/139
WOE: HF/MP/VLC
I eat shirataki almost every night for my dinner. I use Konjac brand, not Miracle, but they are essentially the same. I haven't actually had it with a pasta sauce, but I mostly rinse well, toss it in a skillet and add a leftover protein. Most often I just finish the shirataki/protein mix with sour cream, parmesan cheese and seasonings. Sometimes I'll add sesame oil and sriracha or chili paste if feeling in a spicy mood. I do sometimes have the meat as a side and not mixed in. It's really a quick meal for me and quite filling.

This Shirataki thread might help, plus I believe the Miracle site has a downloadable cookbook.
Old 12-25-2012, 06:53 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Soobee
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: September 2000
Rinse the noodles. Any fishy smell is due to the preservative. So rinse until you can't smell or taste it. Cut them into smaller stands (if they're the angel hair kind). Put them in a dry skillet. Stir for about 5 minutes until the noodles look almost dry and look thinner. The texture is way better if you do this. Make whatever dish you like. Then stir the dried noodles in. I use them for all kinds of dishes. They come out great.
Soobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:19 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: rosethorns
Stats: 252/140/150
WOE: atkins I eat non allergic food
Start Date: restarted 1-07
Here's another that will help.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...e-recipes.html
rosethorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:17 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mobear
Stats: 235/195/LESS
WOE: Bernstein
Start Date: 9/2010
Here is a recipe posted by Soobee in November 2012. You can find it in the shirataki thread also. I just love this recipe

Pizza Stir Fry
1 7 oz. package shirataki noodles
1 Tbs. olive oil
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1 oz. turkey pepperoni
2 oz. mozzarella
1/4 oz. grated Romano
Rinse and cut shirataki into smaller strands. Fry shirataki in a dry fry pan until it looks dry and thinner, about 5 minutes. Remove shirataki. Put olive oil in pan. Add tomato sauce. Layer pepperoni over sauce. Throw shirataki over pepperoni. Place cheese over shirataki. Stir it around a little until cheese melts.

I've made some adjustments to this recipe - I use regular pepperoni and mozzarella if I have it. I've also used shredded cheddar and Romano and loved it!

HTH
Mobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:39 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Sometimes I crave this simple hamburger rice dish that Mom use to make. It doesn't have any tomato flavoring in it, so I decided to give it a try. After rinsing and draining the 'rice' I put it in a skillet and stir-fried until the liquid evaporated. I fried hamburger, onion, green pepper, salt & pepper, then stirred in the 'rice' and lots of butter. It was so good and tasted a lot like the original. Turns out this was a great gift.

I'm going to chop the noodles into rice before using, and am going to try the recipes you suggested. Thanks so much for the help.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:30 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/155/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
I knew you would like it.

Second the motion that Ms.Woods is a real fan of these foods and
has wonderful recipes. I don't like this stuff made Italian, but
it's very good in Asian dishes.
Barbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 02:32 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Nelle Belle
Easily disguised in soup, snip the longer noodles with scissors

I like to use the miracle rice with cream cheese, butter and cheddar cheese for mock Mac and cheese.
Nelle Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:33 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: dianafoot
I often use Konjac shiratake noodles for lunch. I rinse them well, cut into shorter strands with scissors, fry them for a few minutes in a cast-iron pan, and set aside.

I then stir-fry any veggies I have on hand in some olive oil. To that I add a little rice vinegar, chili garlic sauce (the kind without sugar), some sweetener, soy sauce, and sesame oil to taste. I stir in a tablespoon of peanut butter, then stir in the noodles. Sometimes I also add cilantro and a squeeze a little fresh lime juice in at the end. It makes a huge bowlful, and I think it is very close to the kind of pad thai that I love.
dianafoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:09 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angeloco
Stats: 135/126/120
WOE: LC
Start Date: September 2011
There are some great suggestions here that I am going to try. Thanks all. My tip ( that someone else posted) is to make up several pkgs and keep in refrigerator to use as needed. Works out great. By make up I mean rinse, drain, sauté in water with some lemon and garlic. Drain and store in refrigerator. Not freezer though. Can make all kinds of quick meals.
Angeloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:45 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: lindaokc
Stats: 196/170/140?
WOE: atkins/hcg/learning
Start Date: Feb, 07
I use them 50/50 w/ dreamfields pasta. It adds bulk and volume and you can't tell they are there (if you prepare them as the others have said). Basically cuts the carbs in half.
lindaokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:02 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dipgal
Stats: 269.5/245.2/150
WOE: LC/Mod Protein/HF
Start Date: This time: 8/11/14
Oh what a wonderful gift!!

These little noodles are the only thing that fills me up when I am doing intermittent fasting and keeping calories low! Along with the yummy lunch and dinner recipe ideas, if I am trying to have nothing in the morning (to fast until lunchtime), I'll use the Rice version as a cereal. Rinse, dry stir fry in a pot for a few minutes, add a splash of unsweetened almond milk, stevia and cinnamon or other spices for a delicious hot cereal that fills the belly and makes it easy to wait until lunch!
dipgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:08 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

I haven't read all of the miracle noodle posts, so I may or may not have come up with a new use for them. When I make meatballs, meatloaf or stuffed peppers, I use crushed pork rinds in place of crackers, and they taste good, but the meat would kind of clump. To break it up, I tried adding a 7 oz. pkg. of Miracle Rice and of course you can't taste the 'rice' but it solves the clumping problem. They are now more like they were before low carb, when I used cracker crumbs.