Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Sugar Free Sheila's Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/791563-sugar-free-sheilas-peanut-butter-fudge-recipe.html)

LaRae 12-17-2012 07:29 AM

Sugar Free Sheila's Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe

I cannot find my recipe for Sugar Free Sheila's Peanut Butter Fudge, and I have searched and searched for it.

Can anyone post it for me? Please? :aprayer:

Mule_Freak 12-17-2012 10:39 AM

Peanut Butter Fudge

Description: Almost as good as the real thing!!!! Beware! It's hard to eat just one piece.
Ingredients: 1 stick of butter
1/2 cup of peanut butter
2 oz. of cream cheese
1 cup of granular Splenda
2 scoops of vanilla flavored Protein Designer Whey Powder

How To Prepare: Melt the butter and peanut butter in the microwave on high for 2 minutes. Stir. Microwave for another 1 min. Remove and stir in the cream cheese until completely dissolved. Stir in the Splenda and then stir in the Designer Whey Powder. Grease a 6 1/2 inch square container (I used a 1 quart corning ware cassarole dish. Line with wax paper. Pour in the dish. Put in the refrigerater until cool. To speed up this process place in the freezer until cool. Cut it into 20 - 1 inch square pieces.
Carbs per serving - include all nutritional information if known: 2.2 per piece when cut into 20 pieces

I remember when Sheila posted this from the recipe room here, I've made it several times and it is devine:heart:

LaRae 12-17-2012 10:47 AM

Thank you so much! It certainly is divine. I even looked at Sugar Free Sheila's site and didn't see it.
I am planning to double the recipe and send with my husband to his company luncheon. There are quite a few of the men there that are diabetic. Thought they would appreciate a sugar-free dessert! :yummy:

Mule_Freak 12-18-2012 08:33 AM

So welcome doll, I was looking for it too:) my daughter likes it alot as a base crust for my (not low carb, but sugar free) ice cream pie, very rich, but 1 time a year, oh so good :hugs:

LaRae 12-18-2012 08:53 AM

I hadn't thought of using the peanut butter fudge for a pie crust, but that is an excellent idea! I will have remember that for sure!

Mule Freak, who is that in your avatar? Every time I see it, I wonder. :dunno:

Mule_Freak 12-18-2012 10:38 AM

LOL! Adam Lambert from American Idol, awesome singer. I'm the other one, short blonde hair:hiya:

LaRae 12-18-2012 10:43 AM

Was he the one who sang The National Anthem at the 49er/Patriots Game on Sunday Night Football? I Googled it but couldn't find anything about who it was.
I guess you can tell that I never watch American Idol.
Love your photo, too!

dawnyama 12-18-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaRae (Post 16140160)
I cannot find my recipe for Sugar Free Sheila's Peanut Butter Fudge, and I have searched and searched for it.

Can anyone post it for me? Please? :aprayer:

It is listed on her website. It is now called chocolate sunflower seed butter fudge, BUT there is a link to the original recipe....which brings you back to the recipe room here at LCFs :hyst::hyst::hyst: Like finding a needle in a haystack, or is it more like following a needle in a haystack :hyst::hyst:

LaRae 12-18-2012 05:10 PM

Thank you, Dawnymama. I had looked at her site but wondered why I couldn't find it. I will check out the other fudge that was listed as well.

A needle in a haystack, indeed! I did a search in the Recipe Room, but it didn't come up. Didn't search it correctly evidently.

Thanks, again! :notwrthy:

PS I am making your Broccoli Casserole for one of my sides on Christmas Day. Can't wait! :yummy:

Gabby1 08-13-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mule_Freak (Post 16140523)
Peanut Butter Fudge

Description: Almost as good as the real thing!!!! Beware! It's hard to eat just one piece.
Ingredients: 1 stick of butter
1/2 cup of peanut butter
2 oz. of cream cheese
1 cup of granular Splenda
2 scoops of vanilla flavored Protein Designer Whey Powder

How To Prepare: Melt the butter and peanut butter in the microwave on high for 2 minutes. Stir. Microwave for another 1 min. Remove and stir in the cream cheese until completely dissolved. Stir in the Splenda and then stir in the Designer Whey Powder. Grease a 6 1/2 inch square container (I used a 1 quart corning ware cassarole dish. Line with wax paper. Pour in the dish. Put in the refrigerater until cool. To speed up this process place in the freezer until cool. Cut it into 20 - 1 inch square pieces.
Carbs per serving - include all nutritional information if known: 2.2 per piece when cut into 20 pieces

I remember when Sheila posted this from the recipe room here, I've made it several times and it is devine:heart:

OMG- I made this last night and it was AWESOME! :yummy::yummy::yummy:I used liquid sweeteners and Jay Robb protein powder and got a much lower carb count. So EASY too. Perfect for my husband and I who are trying nutritional ketosis right now.

cjack1 09-02-2013 01:38 PM

Could I use PB2? I am out of sf peanut butter.

Gabby1 09-02-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjack1 (Post 16586296)
Could I use PB2? I am out of sf peanut butter.

Maybe?
I would think you would need to add some extra fat to make up for the fat from the peanut butter. Maybe some extra butter?? :yummy:

Yaz 09-02-2013 06:13 PM

I hate butter, do you think coconut oil would work as a substitute?

Gabby1 09-03-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yaz (Post 16586742)
I hate butter, do you think coconut oil would work as a substitute?

It would give the PB fudge a coconutty taste, I imagine. Maybe if you subbed almond butter for the PB , the coconut flavor might meld better with almonds. Maybe you could even stir in some shreds of coconut- it would taste kind of like a really thick almond joy. And maybe melt some sugar free chocolate chips on top... oooh I might have to try this myself.!:D

Gabby

BTW- I have tried adding a square of bittersweet choclate to the mix to make chocolate PB fudge but it really affected the sweetness of the overall dish. I usually add 1/2 cup sweetening power to this recipe, but if you want choco-PB you might want to bump it up to 3/4 cup.

TooSweetForMe 09-14-2013 08:57 AM

I'm going to try this as soon as I get some protein powder. Could you use chocolate flavored protein powder to give it a hint of a chocolate taste?

Ann Lytle 09-14-2013 09:33 AM

I have used chocolate flavored protein powder before, it isn't really chocolatey, but it was good..........Ann

TooSweetForMe 09-15-2013 09:12 AM

Thanks, Ann. I'll try it both ways.