Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2012, 10:51 AM   #1
Gadget Gal

Gallery: Charski
Stats: 174 (WW)/145/150 goal 5'5"
WOE: ATKINS, or a slight variation thereof
Start Date: May 2003
THE CHICKEN LADY SIGHTING!!

I saw you here and wanted to give a shout out of HELLO and many in case you don't get back into the thread where you posted a reply!

I hope things are going better for you - can you hang out with us now? You're SO MISSED and I think of you every time I make one of your recipes - usually the lower-carbed cornbread or the carrot cake!
Charski is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2012, 11:12 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: rosethorns
Stats: 252/140/150
WOE: atkins I eat non allergic food
Start Date: restarted 1-07
Hi Chickenlady. We love your recipes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rosethorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:24 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: The Chicken Lady
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic
WOE: High Fat Low Carb Diet
Start Date: July 5th 2008
I have a little more time and better inter-web-net access now that we were able to get satellite and are not on dial-up anymore. LOL I love my home and like living in the country, I'm pretty sure that living in town would not suit me very well but sometime it can be a little inconvenient.

My son is still bedridden and the doctors have still not been able to tell us what is wrong with him. We are fighting with SSI trying to get him on disability so he can get on Medicaid and we could have access to a wider range of doctors. When you are ill and you don't have medical insurance you are very limited in your choices.

We have also had problems with the local wildlife eating our chickens. We have never had so many problems before. We had a really bad drought that killed a lot of animals year before last and I think the fact that we have a pond attracted a large number of predators into our area. The pond is fed by an underground water source so even when all other water sources had dried up it was still there so animals were coming for water and found an easy source of food as well.

I stop by the site and browse through almost every day I just don't stop to post. I'm pretty busy taking care of the house and my two guys, especially since I am now my sons hands and feet as well as my own. But I still enjoy seeing what's going on with everyone everyday and thanks for the hug and the kind words. It's nice to know that you have enjoyed my recipes.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:27 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosethorns View Post
Hi Chickenlady. We love your recipes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks LOL
The Chicken Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:02 PM   #5
Gadget Gal

Gallery: Charski
Stats: 174 (WW)/145/150 goal 5'5"
WOE: ATKINS, or a slight variation thereof
Start Date: May 2003
Man, I'm so sorry you're still dealing with health problems with your son - I hope you can get that disability going, and some more doctors who can give you some answers!

I guess HAVING the only water around can be good AND bad! Sounds like all the local wildlife is pretty thankful for the bounty on your property - but boy I'd be out there with a shotgun protecting my chickens!

So glad you might be able to stick around here. It's always nice to "visit" with you and you know we all love your LC experiments - we made cornbread stuffing for Thanksgiving with your cornbread recipe and Mom, DH and I all decided THAT is what we're making from now on!

Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck.

I reject your reality and substitute my own! ~~ Adam on Mythbusters
Charski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:43 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mirinblue
Stats: 248/189/160
WOE: Atkins/hCg/JUDD
And altho you don't know me....that chocolate cake of yours is the BEST!
mirinblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:01 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: rosethorns
Stats: 252/140/150
WOE: atkins I eat non allergic food
Start Date: restarted 1-07
I'm sorry your life has so much stress. You will be in my prayers and your family. We do miss you. I know what you mean about living in the country. I loved it to 7 1/2 years on a mountain and I loved it. LOL The wildlife can be taxing. I remember when we had a small bear cub trying to get in the trash. LOL.

I love your cornbread recipe for making corndogs. Yum.
All of your recipes.

God Bless Chicken Lady.
rosethorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:02 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cookwithme65
Stats: 195/160/150
WOE: Low Carb - Atkins
Start Date: Process started in 2011, restart nov 2013
Hi there

So of course I needed to click on a thread called the Chicken lady. I am enticed to look for you recipes as I have decided to give this low carb think a chance again as I am at a stall plus my last blood test for sugars was a little on the high side of normal but then I hear of your son not getting proper medical care. That is uncalled for. Being bedridden is only going to make things worse for his spirit although I know you are doing the best for your son, dear chicken lady. Please forgive me I do not know your name. I will keep you and you family in my prayers that you get the help that you deserve. This is America. Absurd that someone sick should have to wait for care. That saddens me.
cookwithme65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:57 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charski View Post
Man, I'm so sorry you're still dealing with health problems with your son - I hope you can get that disability going, and some more doctors who can give you some answers!

I guess HAVING the only water around can be good AND bad! Sounds like all the local wildlife is pretty thankful for the bounty on your property - but boy I'd be out there with a shotgun protecting my chickens!

So glad you might be able to stick around here. It's always nice to "visit" with you and you know we all love your LC experiments - we made cornbread stuffing for Thanksgiving with your cornbread recipe and Mom, DH and I all decided THAT is what we're making from now on!
I have always enjoyed visiting with you guys too. I haven't been doing a lot of LC experiments lately, I just don't have the time anymore.

My non-low carb folks think that LC cornbread is the best. It's always fun telling people that they are eating low carb and have them just about call you a liar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirinblue View Post
And altho you don't know me....that chocolate cake of yours is the BEST!
I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Having something sweet to end an meal even if it's just a bite or two makes you feel like your not being deprived and helps you stick to the plan. I think LC sweets are important to keep our spirits up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosethorns View Post
I'm sorry your life has so much stress. You will be in my prayers and your family. We do miss you. I know what you mean about living in the country. I loved it to 7 1/2 years on a mountain and I loved it. LOL The wildlife can be taxing. I remember when we had a small bear cub trying to get in the trash. LOL.

I love your cornbread recipe for making corndogs. Yum.
All of your recipes.

God Bless Chicken Lady.
That is so cool, I never thought of making corn dogs with it, I'll give that a try....thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookwithme65 View Post
So of course I needed to click on a thread called the Chicken lady. I am enticed to look for you recipes as I have decided to give this low carb think a chance again as I am at a stall plus my last blood test for sugars was a little on the high side of normal but then I hear of your son not getting proper medical care. That is uncalled for. Being bedridden is only going to make things worse for his spirit although I know you are doing the best for your son, dear chicken lady. Please forgive me I do not know your name. I will keep you and you family in my prayers that you get the help that you deserve. This is America. Absurd that someone sick should have to wait for care. That saddens me.
Hi, and thank you so much, my name is Gwen and I'm glad to meet you. We used to live in a small community where we had neighbors and I had chickens then as well. As I'm sure you know a young hen will lay almost every day and a couple of dozen hens can make a lot of eggs. So I would sell my excess eggs to my neighbors and the kids in the neighborhood called me "The Chicken Lady". That was how I got the name.

Yes it is absurd that one of the wealthiest nations in the world doesn't have a way of getting medical help for all it's citizens. Almost every other country in the world does. If you are ill and can't work how are you supposed to get medical insurance and if you don't have medical insurance then you can't get medical help. So it's comes down to the fact that in the US if you can't work then I guess you are a disposable person. It is said that a society is judged by how it treats it weakest members. What does that say about us?
Old 12-13-2012, 02:04 PM   #10
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chicken Lady View Post
I have always enjoyed visiting with you guys too. I haven't been doing a lot of LC experiments lately, I just don't have the time anymore.

My non-low carb folks think that LC cornbread is the best. It's always fun telling people that they are eating low carb and have them just about call you a liar.

I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Having something sweet to end an meal even if it's just a bite or two makes you feel like your not being deprived and helps you stick to the plan. I think LC sweets are important to keep our spirits up.

That is so cool, I never thought of making corn dogs with it, I'll give that a try....thanks.

Hi, and thank you so much, my name is Gwen and I'm glad to meet you. We used to live in a small community where we had neighbors and I had chickens then as well. As I'm sure you know a young hen will lay almost every day and a couple of dozen hens can make a lot of eggs. So I would sell my excess eggs to my neighbors and the kids in the neighborhood called me "The Chicken Lady". That was how I got the name.

Yes it is absurd that one of the wealthiest nations in the world doesn't have a way of getting medical help for all it's citizens. Almost every other country in the world does. If you are ill and can't work how are you supposed to get medical insurance and if you don't have medical insurance then you can't get medical help. So it's comes down to the fact that in the US if you can't work then I guess you are a disposable person. It is said that a society is judged by how it treats it weakest members. What does that say about us?
and that is soo true
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:48 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/155/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
Our Dear Chicken Lady

I am very happy to see you here once again.

Prayers for son and pappy. Yes, I agree, you must have some
help. I know how it feels. I took care of my daddy when he was
old and needed help.

We love you and your recipes. Now that I know you come and
see what we are doing here. I'll include a hello to you.
You might see it.

Take care, thinking of you.

barbo
Barbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:24 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ann Lytle
Gwen, the best tip I ever got on here, is the way you boil eggs...... ; o ) I took care of my 92 year old Mom for 6 years until she passed. Her health wasn't good, altho she did have Medi-care. I had an in home day care too, I wouldn't have done it any other way, but non the less she was a 24-7 job and you get very tired sometimes. I will pray for you.......... Ann
Ann Lytle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:02 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbo View Post
I am very happy to see you here once again.

Prayers for son and pappy. Yes, I agree, you must have some
help. I know how it feels. I took care of my daddy when he was
old and needed help.

We love you and your recipes. Now that I know you come and
see what we are doing here. I'll include a hello to you.
You might see it.

Take care, thinking of you.

barbo
Thank you so much for your kind words. I do so enjoy seeing what's going on here everyday. I just don't take the time to post, but now that we have a faster internet connection I'll probably post more because it wont take 5 years to pull up one page. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Lytle View Post
Gwen, the best tip I ever got on here, is the way you boil eggs...... ; o ) I took care of my 92 year old Mom for 6 years until she passed. Her health wasn't good, altho she did have Medi-care. I had an in home day care too, I wouldn't have done it any other way, but non the less she was a 24-7 job and you get very tired sometimes. I will pray for you.......... Ann
LOL, it seems like such a small and simple task...boiling an egg but if your eggs are really fresh it can be a royal pain in the wazoo trying to get the shell off. That little wonderful little tid-bit came from the husband of a friend who worked at a chicken farm in his youth. I'm glad I could help.

Yeah, taking care of a bedridden person is a lot of work and you do get very tired.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:25 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: libbysmom
Stats: 226/217/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart 1/25/09
Hi Chicken Lady!!!
Love your recipes and miss you! Keep plugging away! I have a friend that has been going through the same type of situation with her adult son. Just keep after them!!! You will both be in my thoughts and prayers and please remember to look after yourself!!!
Leigh
libbysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:15 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by libbysmom View Post
Hi Chicken Lady!!!
Love your recipes and miss you! Keep plugging away! I have a friend that has been going through the same type of situation with her adult son. Just keep after them!!! You will both be in my thoughts and prayers and please remember to look after yourself!!!
Leigh
Thank you so much, it really lifts the spirits to know that there are so many kind and caring people out there. Thanks!!
Old 12-15-2012, 08:45 AM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: lindaokc
Stats: 196/170/140?
WOE: atkins/hcg/learning
Start Date: Feb, 07
Ohhh Chicken Lady, we all miss you and your postings so much. I am sorry to hear of your son's problems and the problems you are having getting the help you need. You and your family will be in my prayers.
Thank goodness you checked in and caught us up. I'm so glad to know you are still with us.
Thank you too, Charski, for spotting her.
lindaokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:27 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaokc View Post
Ohhh Chicken Lady, we all miss you and your postings so much. I am sorry to hear of your son's problems and the problems you are having getting the help you need. You and your family will be in my prayers.
Thank goodness you checked in and caught us up. I'm so glad to know you are still with us.
Thank you too, Charski, for spotting her.
LOL, since I really do drop by and read the forum on my phone almost every day to me I really wasn't gone, I just never took the time to post because of the time it took for pages to load on the computer with dial-up. Now that we have satellite it doesn't take a fraction of the time to make a quick post. It's a whole new world of internet...and thanks for missing me.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:09 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/155/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
Linda from OK

I have missed seeing you here of late.
Wondered about you. Have a great holiday.

Barbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:34 AM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Jennifer Eloff
WOE: Atkins/Moderate Carbs
Start Date: 1999
Welcome back and God bless you and your family. Hope you find the answers soon as I can only imagine how frustrating and painful that must be to have to wait for resolution. You sound like an amazing mother.
Jennifer Eloff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:13 AM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbo View Post
I have missed seeing you here of late.
Wondered about you. Have a great holiday.

Thank you so much, I hope your holiday is wonderful as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Eloff View Post
Welcome back and God bless you and your family. Hope you find the answers soon as I can only imagine how frustrating and painful that must be to have to wait for resolution. You sound like an amazing mother.
Thank you, I hope we can find the answer soon as well and thank you for the kind words. I have always tried to be as good a mother as I knew how but I think we always feel we could have done something different to make things a little better. But I think that is just human nature to think that way.

Hope y'all have a great holiday.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:10 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: dianafoot
I, too have been happy to see you back. Your recipes have always been ones I know I can trust, and I make the cornbread at least once a month. We live out in the country, too, and the coyotes howl every night--no more outdoor small pets!

Prayers for you and your situation, and for the resolution of your son's health problems. Diana
dianafoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:07 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianafoot View Post
I, too have been happy to see you back. Your recipes have always been ones I know I can trust, and I make the cornbread at least once a month. We live out in the country, too, and the coyotes howl every night--no more outdoor small pets!

Prayers for you and your situation, and for the resolution of your son's health problems. Diana
Thank you so much, and yeah I know what you mean about the small outdoor pets. My mother came to visit with her little mini-doberman pincher. The little dog is only slightly larger than a Chiwawa.

I kept telling her not to let her little dog go outside alone. To make sure she walked outside with him when he went to the bathroom and then to bring him directly back inside. I have no idea why she ignored me but she let him out alone one morning and he came home torn all to h*ll. We took him to the vet but the little guy was too torn up, he didn't make it. I can't tell you how bad I felt. I wanted to ask her why in the h*ll she didn't listen to me and watch her dog but she was so upset I didn't want to add to her guilt or her pain so I kept quiet.

I let my dogs go out alone all the time but they weigh 150 and 160 pounds each and they always go out together. There's not anything out there that will mess with the two of them as long as they stay together. And they grew up out here they know how to take care of themselves.
Old 12-16-2012, 02:40 PM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SCOTTSDALEJULIE
Stats: 242/202/145
Well, I, too, am really happy to see you here again. I was checking another web site and saw you had some recipes. I said to myself "It's the chicken lady." I made your cornbread a couple of days ago, and as usual it was a hit. We've missed you.
SCOTTSDALEJULIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:36 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTSDALEJULIE View Post
Well, I, too, am really happy to see you here again. I was checking another web site and saw you had some recipes. I said to myself "It's the chicken lady." I made your cornbread a couple of days ago, and as usual it was a hit. We've missed you.
Thank you!!
Old 12-16-2012, 07:51 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cookwithme65
Stats: 195/160/150
WOE: Low Carb - Atkins
Start Date: Process started in 2011, restart nov 2013
Ok now after all this how do I find your recipes Gwenn? That corn bread sounds good?
cookwithme65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:37 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CurlyGirly
Stats: 212/199.0/150
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: January 2012
I hope your son can get the medical treatment he needs! Prayers for you!
CurlyGirly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:44 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookwithme65 View Post
Ok now after all this how do I find your recipes Gwenn? That corn bread sounds good?
Golden Corn Bread

3 cups-(12ounces) almond flour
2/3 cup-(3-1/2ounces) popcorn meal (ground raw popcorn)
1/3 cup Splenda
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 eggs
1/4 cup oil
1 cup…homemade LC milk

Put a cast iron skillet into the oven and preheat the oven and the skillet to 425°

Mix the dry ingredients together, make a well in the middle. Add oil, eggs, and milk in the well and mix with a wire whisk. Allow to stand for 5 minutes to give the ingredients time to hydrate.

Take the hot skillet out of the oven and place it on the stove over high heat. Put just enough oil in the skillet to swish it around good and heat the oil. Pour the batter into the hot pan and place it in the oven and bake at 425° for 25 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

New recipe
Carbs 138
Fiber 54
Total 84.5 usable carbs for the whole bread
12 servings = 7 carbs per serving
8 serving = 10.5 carbs per serving
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Almond Flour Fudge Cake

Cake:
4 cups almond flour – scooped –16 ounces
2 cups Splenda (liquid equivalent or granular)
1/2 cup Erythritol – granular
4 packets Stevia Plus
1/2 cup cocoa - I like the Hershey's Special Dark
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2-teaspoon salt
1 tablespoons vanilla
1/3-cup oil
4 eggs
1-cup sour cream

Frosting:
1/2-cup butter – 1 stick – room temp
1 large egg – room temp
1/3 cup granular Erythritol – powdered – I use my coffee bean grinder
1/3 cup Splenda
2 packets Stevia Plus
8 ounces cream cheese – room temp
1 teaspoons vanilla

Preheat oven to 350° Spray a 9x13-inch cake pan with cooking spray.

In a large bowl combine dry ingredients and stir well.

Beat the eggs with the oil and the vanilla…add to the dry ingredients along with the sour cream and mix well. Pour into prepared pan and bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out mostly clean and cake is firm to the touch. Do not over cook…cake should still be moist. Remove from the oven to a wire rack and cool completely.

To Make Frosting:
Beat butter with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add sweeteners and beat well scraping sides of bowl as needed.

Add the egg and beat until very fluffy…beat in vanilla.

Add softened cream cheese a little bit at a time beating until fluffy after each addition.
Frost cake...store in frig.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Carrot Cake

Cake:
4 cups almond flour – scooped
2 cups sugar free sweetener – (I use 1-1/2 cups Splenda & 1/2 cup Erythritol)
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2-teaspoon salt
1 tablespoons ground cinnamon
1/2-teaspoon ground ginger
1/4-teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 tablespoons vanilla
1/4-cup oil
4 eggs
1/2-cup sour cream
1/2 pound frozen carrots – thawed – finely chopped
1 cup chopped pecans

Frosting:
1/4-cup butter – softened
8 ounces cream cheese – softened
1 teaspoons vanilla
Sweetener to taste

Preheat oven to 350° Spray a 9x13-inch cake pan with cooking spray.

In a large bowl combine dry ingredients and stir well.

Beat the eggs with the oil and the vanilla…add to the dry ingredients along with the sour cream and mix well. Stir in carrots and pecans. Pour into prepared pan and bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean and cake is firm to the touch. Remove from the oven to a wire rack and cool completely.

To Make Frosting:
Combine ingredients and beat with a wire whisk until smooth. Sweeten to taste and frost cake.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Salmon Patties

1 can – drained – Wild Alaskan Sockeye Red Salmon (my favorite)
4 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon Garlic Seasoned Salt
Pinch of Old Bay

Mix the eggs and the coconut flour together until you have the consistency of fluffy mashed potatoes. Mix egg mixture with the rest of the ingredients. Form patties, coat with popcorn meal or some other whole grain cornmeal and fry.

Makes 4 large patties.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vanilla Cheesecake

Prepare Pan…You will need to put a collar on the pan because this cheesecake will rise above the rim of the pan but it will settle back down into the pan as it cools. The collar will also prevent the cheesecake from cracking as it will pull away from the side of the pan and allow the cake to move without cracking.

Cut a parchment paper to fit the bottom and sides of your pan…I used a 9” x 3” cake pan. Butter the pan very well and fit the pieces of paper into the pan. [It’s important to use butter.]

Preheat oven to 350°

Crumb Crust

2 cups almond flour
1/4 cup Splenda
6 tablespoons melted butter

Mix ingredients together…Press crust into the bottom of the pan…packing down hard and evenly.

Bake in a 350° oven for about 25 minutes or until the crust is firm to the touch and lightly browned….cool completely.

Cheesecake batter

1-cup sour cream
4 pkg. (8 oz. each) cream cheese...it’s important that the cheese be room temperature
1 cup Splenda
1/3 cup Erythritol or honey
2 packets of Stevia
3 tablespoons VWG
1-1/2 tablespoons good vanilla…
2 tablespoons lemon juice
4 extra large eggs plus 2 egg yolks, beaten

To Make The Batter:

Put the sour cream in the mixer bowl and turn it on for a few seconds to grease the bowl…with the mixer running on the lowest speed add the cream cheese a piece at a time mixing well after each block of cheese until the batter is smooth.

Add sweeteners, vital wheat gluten, lemon juice and vanilla…mix well scraping the sides of the bowl when necessary.

Break eggs in a separate bowl and beat well…mix the eggs in by hand with a spatula until they are completely and fully mixed into the batter.

Pour batter into prepared crust.

BAKE at 325°F for 1 hour 10 minutes; remove from oven to cooling rack. Cheesecake will still be very loose but it is done, do not try to bake it until it is firm. (Bake at 300°F for 1 hour 20 minutes if using dark nonstick springform pan.)

Cool to room temperature, using a sharp knife…carefully run the knife around the inside of the paper collar to release it from the cheesecake and remove it. Place the cheesecake in the frig and chill overnight.

To remove from the pan…set the cold cheesecake down in a sink of hot water for about 30 seconds to melt the butter on the inside of the pan. Place a sheet of plastic wrap on top of the cheesecake and then a plate to support the cake. Turn the cake out and place the serving plate on the bottom of the cake and turn it over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I can't think of anything else right off the top of my head.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:00 AM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
how fantastic to have all those recipes together!!!!! Thanks so much CL!!
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:49 AM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyGirly View Post
I hope your son can get the medical treatment he needs! Prayers for you!
Thank you....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
how fantastic to have all those recipes together!!!!! Thanks so much CL!!
LOL, your welcome. I'm sure there are more I just can't think of them right now.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:16 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pendragginp
You don't know me but I've been intrigued by your cornbread recipe for a long time. I finally have a Bullet, which I hope will grind the popcorn for me, and then I can try it. I loooove cornbread.

I'm so sorry your son is not well! Prayer for him and all of you. And yes, you have to keep after SS; my husband is on disability and things were very tight until they finally approved him.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote