Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2012, 07:44 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mrs S
WOE: LCHF Vegetarian + Eat Stop Eat
Start Date: 8.13.12
Quote:
Originally Posted by miboje View Post
Hmmm...you added a bit of oil, right?
No, I didn't add oil. I've not needed to before with my old nutone in-counter food processor, just 10 or 12 minutes on high and a little scraping. The KitchenAid just didn't seem powerful enough by comparison. It never got things moving fast enough to get the nuts to that 'liquid' stage where the oil releases.

Another negative against the kitchenaid I noticed as I was cleaning and packing it back up, there were plastic shavings from where the blade rests on the nipple(?). I don't think that bodes well for one use.

I'll report back on the Cuisinart as soon as I get a chance to pick it up and try it.

Last edited by Mrs S; 12-27-2012 at 07:45 PM..
Mrs S is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2012, 11:35 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: miboje
Stats: 147/134.1/133
WOE: Whole foods with an eye on carbs
Start Date: Feb. 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs S View Post
No, I didn't add oil. I've not needed to before with my old nutone in-counter food processor, just 10 or 12 minutes on high and a little scraping. The KitchenAid just didn't seem powerful enough by comparison. It never got things moving fast enough to get the nuts to that 'liquid' stage where the oil releases.

Another negative against the kitchenaid I noticed as I was cleaning and packing it back up, there were plastic shavings from where the blade rests on the nipple(?). I don't think that bodes well for one use.

I'll report back on the Cuisinart as soon as I get a chance to pick it up and try it.
That's too bad about the shavings. Not a good sign for sure!

I've made nut butter in my blender with the addition of a bit of oil and saw the nuts start to break down and release oil when using my KitchenAid UltraPowerPlus to make almond flour. I didn't have to add any oil when I used my Green Power Juice Extractor, though I had to pass the nuts through 3 times to get it ultra-smooth.
miboje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:06 PM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Soobee
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: September 2000
Vitamix, if you have one, will make smooth peanut butter it in a few minutes. Ingredients are just peanuts.
Soobee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:11 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

The new 9 cup Cuisinart is fantastic! I've made nut butter, nut flours and a pie crust and it performed flawlessly. The base is a bit heavier than the kitchenaid I returned so it feels more stable when running for long periods and it definitely has more power. I love it. Hope this helps someone else if they're in the market for a new food processor.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:53 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RVcook
Stats: 153/143/125
WOE: 40/30/30
Start Date: 8/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs S View Post
The new 9 cup Cuisinart is fantastic! I've made nut butter, nut flours and a pie crust and it performed flawlessly. The base is a bit heavier than the kitchenaid I returned so it feels more stable when running for long periods and it definitely has more power. I love it. Hope this helps someone else if they're in the market for a new food processor.
I'm so happy that this one is working for you! I guess you've officially joined the Cuisinart Fan Club......
RVcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:17 PM   #36
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
do you mind me asking what the total cost was ? I don't live near a BB&B, but I go near one occas shopping. Thanks !
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:25 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Cuisinart 9 Cup

The site has it for 149.99 but the store charged me 159.99, even though they ordered it from their site while I was in store. Maybe the price just dropped. They don't stock them at any of my local stores so they had to drop ship it to me. Costco has the same model plus extra blades and a blade box for 149.99 but I had to get it at Bed, Bath & Beyond because the one I returned was a gift purchased there. They have a terrible gift return or exchange policy, by the way, even with a gift receipt.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:33 PM   #38
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Thanks ! No Costco anywhere around here !
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:10 PM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RVcook
Stats: 153/143/125
WOE: 40/30/30
Start Date: 8/2012
$149 isn't too bad. Geez...I paid $129 for my 7 cup DLC-10 Plus in 1988!

Hmmmmm...factoring in inflation and using CPI...that would mean that theoretically, if that same DLC-10 Plus was purchased today it would cost about $253. My, my...how things have changed.
RVcook is offline   Reply With Quote