Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Montel Williams Blender reviews? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/791013-montel-williams-blender-reviews.html)

QueenBacon 12-09-2012 11:49 AM

Montel Williams Blender reviews?

I don't have money for a vitamix blender right now.

The montel williams blender says that it does the same thing basically...

Does anyone have any experience with it? I see it refurbished as a daily deal on a website and this would be a great gift for hubby and I..

watcher513 12-09-2012 05:47 PM

I don't but have read a Lot of reviews and there were Many that said it leaked.

Leo41 12-09-2012 05:49 PM

I have read bad reviews of this. Do they sell it on Amazon? I find that Amazon reviews are very thorough and reliable. You might check there.

Ann Lytle 12-10-2012 07:26 AM

After seeing his show, I went on line and checked it out. There are a lot of bad reviews, some good ones, so guess it's the luck of the draw. I have the original Ninja, also the very old heavy Vita Mix. I have had the Ninja for over 2 years, still works great and has done everything I want it for. The Vita Mix is still up in the cupboard, have not used it.......... before I laid out the money, if I were you I'd go on line and check out the reviews.................... Ann

ravenrose 12-10-2012 10:59 AM

how is Vitamix better than a good normal blender? everything I've read says it's just marketing... perhaps the motor is strong enough that you don't have to drop ice cubes in while it's running, but can put them in from a dead stop, but I don't see that as that much of an advantage.

Ann Lytle 12-11-2012 10:38 AM

I had a day care for years and went through quite a few blenders before I got my vita mix. Now I live alone, so don't cook like I used to. I would probably still be using it more than I do, but my kitchen is tiny, don't have room for it on a counter and it is very heavy to put in a cupboard and take back out. It is a heavy duty machine, I don't think there's a blender that can touch it. I ground nuts for peanut butter, made soup in it and it comes out hot (really liked that) made iced cream for the kids. Used it for canning, can't think of anything else at the moment it is a very good machine............... hope this helps............... Ann

Nigel 05-19-2013 06:56 AM

I found this old thread today so I thought I'd put in my .02 cents worth.

The first Healthmaster blender I had for over a year and I used it every day and usually more than once to make big batches of v-8+ juice, etc.
Then the bearings went out.

So I got another once since it works so much better than the Ninja 1200 which is a great blender, but not as good for juicing. So far, I've been using it 6 months but not as heavy as the first one and it still works like brand new.

rosethorns 05-21-2013 09:03 PM

I did not see this before. I have a vita-mix but my sister has had a healthmaster
for abot 3 years. She does the same things I do. She loves it.

Nigel 05-22-2013 06:55 AM

I think I'm pretty hard on blenders. lol

But it was worth the price--I never had to tamp the stuff in it like with the vitamix, but all I had before the Healthmaster is a very old vitamix--one they don't even sell parts for anymore.

The new healthmaster is a 1200 and the old one was an 1100-I don't know how much difference that makes, but hopefully it will last longer for me.

I have the Ninja pro something (forgot the name) and the set of two that have the top motors that you put on the containers. All of them work good for other things. I make smoothies in the ninja and make salsa and guacamole in the little one. I use one of them nearly every day.

The ninja pro I have had for 2 years and the top motor ones I have had for about 5 years and I've never had any more problems with them.

Once I got the healthmaster, I retired of the Vitamix and gave it to the Hospice--it was old and heavy and the container was metal and it was a pain to me.

rosethorns 05-22-2013 08:24 AM

LOL Nigel you are as bad as alot us when it comes to kitchen gadgets. LOL

I have 3 blenders also. A Bravetti, vita mix, and my 2 cupper for shakes.
I had an Oster for years. It was a power horse.

I have 3 crockpots all different ages......And I use them for different things.

Nigel 05-22-2013 09:14 AM

Yeah, I don't know why my wife "thinks" I have too many toys. :lol:

rosethorns 05-22-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigel (Post 16435361)
Yeah, I don't know why my wife "thinks" I have too many toys. :lol:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

So does my husband!!!!!