Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2012, 06:49 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mrs S
WOE: LCHF Vegetarian + Eat Stop Eat
Start Date: 8.13.12
Eggnog flavor?

I'm obsessed with egg nog right now but haven't had one drop this season. Since I'm about to place a netrition order, any suggestions as to the best sugar-free eggnog flavor out there? I'm aware of Capella and Davinci but haven't tried either yet. I'm planning to use it in smoothies and steamers mostly.

Thanks!
Mrs S is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2012, 07:07 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: spoiltmomof2
Stats: 230/180/138
WOE: Lap Band/LC
I've been mixing the Da Vinci eggnog syrup with 1 egg some almond milk, nutmeg and cinnamon. Its really good!
spoiltmomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:23 PM   #3
Gadget Gal

Gallery: Charski
Stats: 174 (WW)/145/150 goal 5'5"
WOE: ATKINS, or a slight variation thereof
Start Date: May 2003
I also like the DaVinci - I use it with either unsweetened vanilla almond milk, or the coconut milk that Trader Joe's sells in the aseptic 1 quart cartons. Add a splash of heavy cream for richness if you like. It's pretty dang good and very easy!
Charski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:35 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alassea
WOE: kiss atkins
i love my coffee with davinci eggnog, heavy cream and a couple of shakes of nutmeg...it reminds me of a starbuck's eggnog latte
alassea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:11 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Alright, Davinci's it is! Thanks so much for the input. I'm just days away from eggnog heaven.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:17 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tilly
Stats: 158/136/130
WOE: started with Atkins, now just low carbs
Start Date: January 30,2011
subbing
Tilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:47 AM   #7

Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
Lorann eggnog flavor is also good. I love the DaVinci, but I can't keep huge bottles of ALL the flavors I like around. I don't use the eggnog fast enough to justify that much shelf space.
ravenrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:50 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SCOTTSDALEJULIE
Stats: 242/202/145
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenrose View Post
Lorann eggnog flavor is also good. I love the DaVinci, but I can't keep huge bottles of ALL the flavors I like around. I don't use the eggnog fast enough to justify that much shelf space.
I put my bottles in a wine rack. Saves space in the shelves.
SCOTTSDALEJULIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:46 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: drjlocarb
Stats: 274 /219/190
WOE: vlc/NK
Start Date: LC-1999,jan2010 274 NK 1-1-13 at 244
I really gotta get me a wine rack.
drjlocarb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:36 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/200/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoiltmomof2 View Post
I've been mixing the Da Vinci eggnog syrup with 1 egg some almond milk, nutmeg and cinnamon. Its really good!
Thank you! I've been trying to figure out way to have sugar-free eggnog. I need to place an order for the eggnog syrup!
Mistizoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:24 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nikki2777
Subbing
Nikki2777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:38 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Nelle Belle
I just use 1/4 c HC and maybe a 1/2-1 tsp of davinci and sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice ...lazy way to make a small swig.
Nelle Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:58 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mobear
Stats: 235/195/LESS
WOE: Bernstein
Start Date: 9/2010
For some strange reason that I've never figured out, I cannot use DaVince syrups - tried different flavors and all cause intestinal issues. I love Monin, but they don't make eggnog flavor.

I noticed that netrition doesn't carry the Lorann eggnog flavor so I was wondering if anyone has tried the Capella eggnog drops?
Mobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:20 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Mobear, I ordered the eggnog drops along with the davinci eggnog syrup. I figured for an extra $4+ why not try them both. I'll let you know when they get here and I try it. I couldn't decide what else to order so indecision kept me from ordering until Friday.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:14 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mirinblue
Stats: 248/189/160
WOE: Atkins/hCg/JUDD
Melted sugar free vanilla ice creme diluted with a little almond milk, Davinci's eggnog flavoring, brandy and a little grated nutmeg on top! Just like eggnog!
mirinblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:44 AM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirinblue View Post
Melted sugar free vanilla ice creme diluted with a little almond milk, Davinci's eggnog flavoring, brandy and a little grated nutmeg on top! Just like eggnog!
I don't care if Christmas has come and gone by the time I place my next Netrition order, I am going to buy the Davinci's eggnog and have eggnog, even if it is July!
Old 12-03-2012, 04:04 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs S View Post
Mobear, I ordered the eggnog drops along with the davinci eggnog syrup. I figured for an extra $4+ why not try them both. I'll let you know when they get here and I try it. I couldn't decide what else to order so indecision kept me from ordering until Friday.
Gosh, I would love to hear your thoughts. I'm not going to order until Monday or Tuesday next week so maybe you will have tried them before I order. I keep thinking I should get the davinci, but hate to buy it and toss it like the other flavors I tried.

This will be my third holiday season doing low carb and this year the eggnog just sounds so very good!
Old 12-04-2012, 04:33 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

UPS says my order will arrive tomorrow!!! I promise I'll try the syrup or the drops tomorrow evening and report back. I've been fantasizing about eggnog non-stop since starting this thread.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:28 AM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: PaminKY
I bought a bottle of the eggnog Davinci's last Friday at Home Goods and tried it last night with some heavy whipping cream, vanilla almond milk and some extra nutmeg and it was terrific.

My husband had a carton of the full-sugar eggnog in the fridge so I took a sip for comparison and while his was different, probably because of the eggs, I preferred mine. He, of course, preferred his which means more for me.
PaminKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:11 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Pam, does Home Goods carry a lot of flavors? I had no idea they sold them.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:15 PM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Nelle Belle
Not Pam, but you have to hit it right. I always go look at the shelf with all the syrups on it. The easiest way to identify DaVinci sf, it has a silver band around the top. Easier than moving all those bottles.
Nelle Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:45 AM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs S View Post
Pam, does Home Goods carry a lot of flavors? I had no idea they sold them.
Nelle Belle is right, it can be kind of hit or miss. Home Goods, Marshall's and TJ Maxx sometimes have them and sometimes don't. I went to Home Goods based on a tip from someone else on here and they had a whole endcap full and were priced at 5.99 a bottle. I bought two eggnog, a coconut and since I wanted to try the brand I picked up a Monin White Chocolate.

I also bought 4 new flavors of Lorann Bakery Emulsions that were priced at 2.99 each.

I can always find Torani at the big liquor store in town that also carries a lot of specialty grocery items.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:13 AM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaminKY View Post
Nelle Belle is right, it can be kind of hit or miss. Home Goods, Marshall's and TJ Maxx sometimes have them and sometimes don't. I went to Home Goods based on a tip from someone else on here and they had a whole endcap full and were priced at 5.99 a bottle. I bought two eggnog, a coconut and since I wanted to try the brand I picked up a Monin White Chocolate.

I also bought 4 new flavors of Lorann Bakery Emulsions that were priced at 2.99 each.

I can always find Torani at the big liquor store in town that also carries a lot of specialty grocery items.
Darn, it finally dawned on me that we have a Home Goods in town, called and they don't have any eggnog. But are you saying they get them in sporadically? No set list of flavors?
Old 12-05-2012, 11:40 AM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilly View Post
Darn, it finally dawned on me that we have a Home Goods in town, called and they don't have any eggnog. But are you saying they get them in sporadically? No set list of flavors?
That's correct.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:54 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

OK, I've used the syrup twice now. Last night I had one cup of almond coconut milk with a few splashes of the syrup and a dash of nutmeg. Not bad but the coconut came through, making it seem more like a pina colada than eggnog. I'll have to remember that for summer.

This morning, I'm having an eggnog smoothie- 4oz hwc, 2 egg yolks, 1tsp sugar free vanilla pudding mix, heavy dash of nutmeg, 3oz water, 3oz eggnog syrup. It's good! I think with a little tweaking, this will be great. There is an eggnog cheesecake in my near future.

I have to admit the torani syrups seem more concentrated but this is my first davinci so it may be flavor specific. Tonight I'll try the drops in a steamed milk before bed and report back on them.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:01 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Last night, I tried the capella eggnog drops. OMG! My intention was to make an eggnog steamed milk. I nuked 1/2 cup HWC, aerolatted in a serving of sugar free vanilla pudding, 3 eggnog drops, 1/4 tsp nutmeg and 1/2 cup water. The aerolatte turned it into a thick, liquid custard that was good but not quite right. I started thinking about eggnog and what makes it so amazing. It hit me that regular eggnog is really sweet. So I added in a packet of truvia. That did it. So I ended up with liquid eggnog custard and IT WAS PHENOMENAL! Rich, sweet and incredibly satisfying. I'm delighted!

Now I just have to try the Boston cream pie & graham cracker crust flavor drops that I ordered too.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:33 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks MrsS for the good report on the Capella drops. It is definitely going to be on my order for Monday!
Old 12-07-2012, 06:46 AM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tofucheez
MrsS- Good to know the capella egg nog is good. I am also interested in your opinion on the graham cracker flavor. I had started a thread asking about these flavors about a month ago before I placed my netrition order, but didn't get many responses, so I didn't get them. I've tried so many Lorann flavors that just weren't good, I didn't want to buy more flavorings I didn't know were any good.

Thanks for your review, looking forward to more!
tofucheez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:50 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mirinblue
Stats: 248/189/160
WOE: Atkins/hCg/JUDD
What if you used unsweetened almond milk, the Davincis eggnog syrup, and about 1/2 teas of sugar free vanilla pudding mix from the box? Let it set a minute to thicken. Then add your brandy or whatever and grated fresh nutmeg or cream. This is how I am going to try mine tonight!
mirinblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:09 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pendragginp
Dying here! No syrups, no drops - waaah!
pendragginp is online now   Reply With Quote