Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Fat Bombs (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/788358-fat-bombs.html)

babycakez 11-02-2012 09:29 PM

Fat Bombs

Give me your favorite FAT BOMB recipe pweasssse!?

babycakez 11-02-2012 09:45 PM

Right now on hand I have regular peanut butter, hershey's dark cocoa powder, granular splenda, extra virgin coconut oil (the kind that actually taste like coconut), sf vanilla extract, almonds... umm I don't have unsalted or grassfed butter though. :(

Soobee 11-03-2012 03:50 AM

My current recipe is coconut oil, coconut, toasted almonds, cocoa and sweetener.

Meli-Mel 11-03-2012 08:29 AM

I've only made them once, but here is my recipe:

1/2 cup natural peanut butter
1 stick of unsalted butter
1 cup coconut oil
Sweetener of choice, to taste
2 squared of Lindt 85% dark chocolate

Microwave first 3 ingredients until melted and easy to combine. Add sweetener to taste- make a little sweeter than you'd like, the sweetness will lessen slightly as they chill. Pour into mini muffin pan lined with muffin cups. Shave chocolate and sprinkle over each fat bomb. Chill or freeze until solid.

This recipe made 39 mini fat bombs that I calculated at 94 cal/ 1 carb/ 10 fat/ 1 protein.

readyfredy 11-05-2012 04:05 PM

I made mine with salted butter and liked it.

LiterateGriffin 01-30-2013 09:04 AM

Not only do I use salted butter -- I ADD salt.

Mine aren't that sweet... but I'd found the part I liked best was the peanut butter (which always sinks to the bottom). And then I realized that it's because it's SALTY that I liked it so much. So I started stirring in some extra salt, and suddenly my bombs are 10x better! :)

(My recipe?

1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
1/2 cup CO
1/2 cup fresh-ground PB
1 TSP salt

buttoni 01-30-2013 09:00 PM

I have been using Rebecca Latham's recipe, to which I sometimes add a bit of coconut, or a few snipped raisins. Here is a copy/paste of it off her website:

FAT BOMBS

Stir together well:

3/4 cup melted coconut oil
9.5 Tbs. (150g) almond butter
60 drops (about 3/8 tsp.) liquid Stevia
3 Tbs. cocoa
8 Tbs. (1 stick) melted salted butter

Pour a scant 2 Tbs. into each of 24 candy or mini muffin molds. I use a silicone candy mold that I bought at Michael's Crafts. If you prefer, you can use those little paper mini muffin cups, lined up on a cookie sheet.

I place my candy mold on a small cookie sheet first for support, and then fill it, then put it in the freezer. If you try to put it in the freezer without first putting it on a cookie sheet, you'll be sorry.

Freeze for at least 30 minutes, then pop out the Fat Bombs and store them in a bag or other container in the freezer. You can keep them in the fridge, but as soon as you hold one with your hot little fingers, it will melt really fast. Frozen, it melts slower.

Nutritional info for one Fat Bomb:
141 calories
14.22g fat (90.9%)
1.53g protein (4.3%)
1.67g carbs (4.8%)