Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Almond Butter Brownies (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/788011-almond-butter-brownies.html)

rosethorns 10-30-2012 02:32 PM

Almond Butter Brownies

3 Attachment(s)
I got this recipe from All day I dream of food. It's so GOOD!

Almond Butter Amaretto Brownies

Brownies:
1 cup almond butter
1/4 cup greek yogurt (I used DF yogurt)
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup granulated erythritol
2 large eggs
2 tbsp almond milk
1/2 tsp almond extract
1/4 tsp salt
25 drops stevia extract

Glaze:
1/4 cup butter
2 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
2 tbsp powdered erythritol
3 tbsp cocoa powder
16 drops stevia extract
2 tbsp amaretto liqueur
1/2 tsp vegetable oil

Garnish:
1/4 cup sliced almonds, lightly toasted

For the brownies, preheat oven to 325F and grease an 8-inch square baking pan.

In a large bowl, beat together almond butter, greek yogurt, cocoa powder and erythritol until combined. Beat in eggs, almond milk, almond extract, salt and stevia.

Spread in prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake 16 to 18 minutes or until just set in center. Do not overbake. Remove from oven and let cool in the pan.

For the glaze, melt butter, chocolate and erythritol in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth. Stir in cocoa powder. Whisk in stevia and amaretto until combined. It will thicken slightly, so stir in vegetable oil to smooth it back out.

Spread glaze on cooled brownies. Sprinkle with toasted almonds.

Serves 16. Each brownie has a total of 6.4g of carbs and 3.4g of fiber. Total NET CARBS = 3g.

My sweetners and yogurt were a little different . I'm very impressed. I added 2 T. walnuts. I just used a genache frosting.
So are the 7 other people who ate them.I used a 10 1/4 x3 5/8 x 2 5/8 pan. Baked at 325 for about 25 to 30 mins.
click to enlarge
Attachment 46916

Attachment 46917

Attachment 46918

Snoangel 10-30-2012 03:14 PM

This is exactly what I want right now!! I was thinking about eating a chocolate cupcake which is NOT even like me to even think about!

Looks yummy! :yummy:

flossie73 10-30-2012 03:54 PM

I love her site - lots of wonderful goodies on there!

dawnyama 10-30-2012 04:50 PM

This looks amazing!!! Thank you rose for posting!!! Yum!!!!

mojave 10-30-2012 05:26 PM

Great recipe, thank you!

Dee

Barbo 10-30-2012 06:51 PM

Esther,

The pictures are gorgeous and I'm sure it would be difficult
to have just ONE??? Yum.

Do you think you could use almond flour and put it in Cusinart
until it became like a butter?

Brendajm 10-31-2012 03:05 AM

What brand stevia are you using? I can never get anything to taste good with stevi. I have nu naturals powder. What would this equal to in other sweetner?

rosethorns 10-31-2012 06:35 AM

Thanks everybody.

Barbo I had help eating these. You can't just eat one. They are so close to a ooey gooey brownie.
Barbo yes. Make sure to add oil when turning into butter. I do this all the time in my vita-mix. My sister uses her cusiart. Works wonderfully. If you use the 8x8 like she did it makes it very thin. That why I used another pan.

Brenda I didn't use her sweetners. I used E. liquid sucralose, and maybe 1/8 tsp. of nu naturals stevia powder. I'm guessing here. I always use my sweetening power. I always use what I have. Taste, taste, taste.

I think it needs synergy.

rosethorns 10-31-2012 06:50 AM

Warm out of the oven they I like a tasty chocolate moosey like. After 24 hrs on my counter and its very cool up here. I then tasted them again and that's when I knew we had a winner!

That why I waited to see what I had. YUM!

alonewithyou 10-31-2012 07:02 AM

How about using peanut butter? It's easier to get a hand on for me. I can always make almond butter of course.

rosethorns 10-31-2012 07:52 AM

Give it a try. I just like almond butter better. Let us know what you think.

Barbo 10-31-2012 03:33 PM

I LIKE ALMOND BUTTER BETTER

:lol: Esther that was a good one.

Ok thanks for the advice, I've got to have one of your
oooey gooey brownies. They are calling out to me.....

Tilly 10-31-2012 04:02 PM

I have a little bottle of Grand Marnier and a little one of Disaronno. Would either of these work? I have no clue what any of it tastes like, or should I get a little one of Amaretto?

rosethorns 10-31-2012 04:21 PM

Either one would be great. I think. Mine are plain chocolate sauce.
Well I've had Grand marneir before and that would be good.
Even rum would be good.

Ok I asked my DH and he says they are both liqueres. So yes either would work.

TBipp 10-31-2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tilly (Post 16050225)
I have a little bottle of Grand Marnier and a little one of Disaronno. Would either of these work? I have no clue what any of it tastes like, or should I get a little one of Amaretto?

I think DiSaronno is amaretto.

Tweaker Geek 10-31-2012 04:53 PM

You could try DaVinci Amaretto S.F. Syrup, I think it's the flavor you're after not the alcohol. I find the Amaretto syrup flavor just like the alcohol.

Tilly 10-31-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosethorns (Post 16050247)
Either one would be great. I think. Mine are plain chocolate sauce.
Well I've had Grand marneir before and that would be good.
Even rum would be good.

Ok I asked my DH and he says they are both liqueres. So yes either would work.

Good thank you!

Jennifer Eloff 10-31-2012 05:04 PM

Hi Esther! :) Those photos look so yummy! :shake:

Carolyn has another Almond Butter Truly Fudgy Brownie coming up in volume 3 of Low-Carbing Among Friends. It also sounds fantastic! She is very gifted with her baking among other things.

rosethorns 10-31-2012 06:19 PM

You are all great..... We've come a long way. I love the recipes in the books.

rosethorns 11-03-2012 09:34 AM

I need this today.

alonewithyou 11-03-2012 10:05 AM

Do you know if I can make almond butter of almond flour? I think I saw a blogger do it. hmm

rosethorns 11-03-2012 11:54 AM

Yes you can. Just put your almond flour in a blender or food processor. Turn it on then add oil in a stream. You need about 1/4 c. I do a lot at one time because I use it alot of almond butter.

Barbo.......They're calling you.........

mojave 11-03-2012 12:02 PM

I'm going to make these this afternoon but without the glaze. Yum.

Dee

alonewithyou 11-04-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosethorns (Post 16056347)
Yes you can. Just put your almond flour in a blender or food processor. Turn it on then add oil in a stream. You need about 1/4 c. I do a lot at one time because I use it alot of almond butter.

Barbo.......They're calling you.........

How much oil for 1/4 cup almond meal?

buttoni 11-04-2012 03:28 PM

Those look gooey rich, Esther. Carolyn is such a GREAT dessert baker! Are they a more wet, moist brownie, or a more cake-like brownie?

rosethorns 11-04-2012 05:08 PM

They are not cake-like at all. Moist and chewy and better the next day. Yum.

Yes she is. She found the recipe somewhere on the net too. I was looking at her bundt cake recipe and found this one. She's great.

Alonewithyou....... I would wait until I had more almond flour.

alonewithyou 11-05-2012 03:57 AM

I guess I misunderstood what you meant by 1/4 cup then. How would a recipe look like for almond butter like you make it?

rosethorns 11-05-2012 05:46 AM

Alone........ I make my own almond butter and I use a lb. of almond flour then add my oil in a stream. For this amount I use 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup of oil for the whole pound of almond flour. Then I put it in a quart size canning jar , in the fridge to use for my recipes. I use my homemade almond butter for alot of things.

I'll try to put pics up today. It might be less confusing. I need to make some today.
Just holler if you not getting it.

Buffy45 11-05-2012 07:11 AM

Rose, do you make it out of almond butter because you prefer that, or does it save money? I can get almond butter in bulk for $5.99 a lb, so usually just go that route. But, I am all about the best quality and or the best price :high5:

rosethorns 11-05-2012 07:53 AM

Buffy I really prefer the taste of homemade almond butter.:high5:

But conveinence is good. So I just went and divided how much a lb. from my Honeyville Almond flour was.

$5.20 using a lb. of almond flour. If you can get it for $5.99 a lb. already made. That's great.

It doesn't bother me because I have to make everything for me to eat.
We don't have Health food stores up here but I'm learning places to find things. I'm going to visit my first co-op I found on this side of the state.

I found my first Almond butter at Costco and then I learned how to make my own. Wow what a difference.