Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2012, 03:03 PM   #1
Gadget Gal

Gallery: Charski
Stats: 174 (WW)/145/150 goal 5'5"
WOE: ATKINS, or a slight variation thereof
Start Date: May 2003
Greek yogurt cheesecake???

I SWEAR I saw a recipe for a Greek yogurt cheesecake on here not more than a week or so ago and danged if I can find it now! Anyone know what I'm talking about???
Charski is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2012, 03:26 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
I don't recall seeing a specific recipe for one, but I make my own Cheesecake with homemade drained yogurt and cream cheese. It's the metqanized cherry cheesecake recipe I talk about.

You could probably use greek yogurt rather than draining the plain yogurt then.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...l#post15196315

Quote:
Graham Cracker Pie Crust (-880kcal, F-40g, Carb-112g, pro-8g) (You could make an almond flour crust, but I didn't feel like bothering )
1 Quart Plain full fat yogurt drained overnight , about two cups (480 kcal, Fat - 32g, Carb-23 g, pro-28g)*
1 block cream cheese room temp or softened (800 kcal, F-80 g, Carb-16g, pro-16g)
3-4 T Fresh squeezed lemon Juice/Real Lemon Brand/frozen Juice (14 kcal, Fat-0 g, Carb- 5 g, pro-0g)
1 cup Granular Splenda (96 Kcal, 24 carbs) You can use a liquid sweetener for less carbs.
1/2 can Comstock Brand Sugar Free cherry pie filling (123 kcal, Fat- 0 g, Carb- 28 g, pro-0 g)

The day before, Drain your quart of Plain yogurt by lining a small colander with a large coffee filter or paper towels, placing it over a bowl so that it sits on the rim, not down in the bowl, and pour the yogurt into the colander. Let drain overnight on the counter for faster results, cover with a clean dish cloth or a pot pan lid to keep any flying creatures or dust out. Check after an hour and drain, If you don't the whey will rise up to touch and saturate the yogurt and it won't drain dry. OR USE PREPARED GREEK YOGURT

In a mixing bowl add the Splenda, drained yogurt, cream cheese, and lemon juice. This order keeps the dry splenda from flying out when you start the blender. Blend on low till everything is smooth and incorporated. Taste and adjust lemon or sweetness. Pour into pie crust, smooth and flatten the surface to the edge, cover and refrigerate. When chilled top with cherry topping and serve.

BF doesn't like the large cherries, so I take the topping and buzz it a couple of times in the food chopper to make them smaller bits, but not liquified. In fact, I find the filling too liquidy so I just pull out the cherries and buzz those for a nice thick non-runny topping.

Aagh Numbers. Here goes

Pie Total - 2393 Calories, 152g fat, 208g carbs, 52g protein

Per 1/8 slice - 299 Calories, 19g fat, 26g carbs, 7g protein
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:27 PM   #3
Gadget Gal

Thanks Metqa! That looks good!

The one I saw had no cream cheese and looked very creamy, not as dense as most cream cheese cakes. SIGH, wish I knew where the heck I saw it!
Old 10-07-2012, 05:10 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
Wow, no cream cheese?
Can you check your internet history?
This recipe originally calls for condensed sweetened milk. I found it tastes lighter with the yogurt.

Good luck finding it and post it here when you do! Hey, you just made me realize what I'm gonna do with this unwanted container of fat free greek yogurt I have stashed in my fridge . I'll whip it up into this cheesecake. Duh. thanks again, Char! See you bring good ideas to me! Just like the corn dogs!
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:33 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BeckyM
WOE: Type 2 diabetic
Is this it? It is from Chocolate-Covered Katie and it does look good. It has tofu in it. There is additional information on her blog.

Greek Yogurt Cheesecake (gluten-free)

1 1/2 cups “Greek yogurt” (I made my own, and it was so easy! Recipe is directly below.) (360g)
1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp Mori-Nu silken firm tofu (See “nutrition” link below, for soy-free options and for all substitution notes on this recipe.) (135g)
1/4 tsp plus scant 1/8 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tbsp lemon juice (7g)
5 tablespoons liquid sweetener, such as agave or pure maple syrup (70g) (You can get away with less if your yogurt is sweetened or if you want a very-slightly-sweet cheese pie.)
1 1/2 to 2 nunaturals stevia packets, or 2-3 tablespoons sugar (or another dry sweetener)
2 1/2 tsp cornstarch or arrowroot (11g)

To make homemade Greek yogurt: Place a fine strainer, lined with cheesecloth or coffee filters, over a pot and pour in the contents of a 24oz container of full-fat plain, vanilla, or unsweetened yogurt (I used Wholesoy). Refrigerate overnight, then discard the liquid at the bottom of the pot, and you are left with thick “Greek-style” yogurt!

For the actual cheesecake: Preheat oven to 350 F. Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender, and blend until completely smooth. (I guess you can do this by hand if you don’t mind a less-smooth texture.) Pour into any prepared crust. (I have a crust recipe linked under the second photo in this post.) Bake 50 minutes, then remove from the oven. It’ll still look very gooey, but that’s okay. Allow to cool for an hour before moving the cake, uncovered, to the refrigerator to set for at least 8 hours, during which time it will magically firm up and become more flavorful. (I haven’t tried this pie with regular tofu, so replace the Mori-Nu with regular at your own risk.)
BeckyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:36 AM   #6
Gadget Gal

BECKY!! Yes, yes, YES! That was the one!

Thank you SO MUCH!
Old 10-08-2012, 02:33 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
Char - if you make that, would you post your results and any tweaks that you make?
Tweaker Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:52 PM   #8
Gadget Gal

I will, Tweak! Promise!