Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Butterfinger Cookie *pic* (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/784625-butterfinger-cookie-pic.html)

mmorris 10-03-2012 10:52 AM

Butterfinger Cookie *pic*

I wanted to call these "Idon'tknowwhat'chacallembars" they are a cross between Butterfinger and a cookie bar :)

Mock Gram Crackers
1/2 cup (Teddy Bear) all natural smooth peanut butter
5 packages of Splenda
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat Oven 375o
Mix all ingredients together and spread on a parchment lined small cookie sheet thin like a gram cracker.
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...45630452_n.jpg

Bake for around 12-15 until really brown. Cool and then crumble into bread crumb consitancy.
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...96951723_n.jpg

In a small bowl, combine:
1/2 cup of peanut butter (same kind as above)
5 packages Splenda
4 tablespoon Poly Dextrose
Mix together and then add Mock Gram Cracker Crumbs.
Let sit.

Chocolate
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted till liquid form
6 blue packages of sweetener
2 teaspoons heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Stir mixure for around 4 minutes

In a parchment lined plate take 2 tablespoons of the chocolate and coat paper. Freeze for a few minutes till firm.
Add peanut butter mixture to the top of that and then pour rest of chocolate over that. Freeze.
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...17862408_n.jpg

Nigel 10-03-2012 10:56 AM

Cool recipe. I haven't had a butterfinger in years.
Thank you.

ouizoid 10-03-2012 10:57 AM

I think you forgot the chocolate in your recipe

buttoni 10-03-2012 11:07 AM

Those look good, but way too tempting. I don't trust myself around "butterfingers". I like 'em too much.

rosethorns 10-03-2012 11:19 AM

ooooooooooooThey look great!!!!!!!!!!!

mmorris 10-03-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ouizoid (Post 15988627)
I think you forgot the chocolate in your recipe

Thank you for your post:) Chocolate is posted ;)

rosethorns 10-03-2012 12:22 PM

I think we want to know how much chocolate? The amount is not there. Please.
And what kind of chocolate?

mmorris 10-03-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosethorns (Post 15988854)
I think we want to know how much chocolate? The amount is not there. Please.
And what kind of chocolate?

DUH... LOL!! 3 teaspoons of cocoa... sorry:o

mmorris 10-03-2012 12:52 PM

*Update... well I am embarrased :o 3 teaspoons of cocoa for the chocolate.... and i forgot to add 2 tablespoons of butter to the peanut butter filling.... I'm getting old :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmorris (Post 15988613)
I wanted to call these "Idon'tknowwhat'chacallembars" they are a cross between Butterfinger and a cookie bar :)

Mock Gram Crackers
5 packages of Splenda
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat Oven 375o
Mix all ingredients together and spread on a parchment lined small cookie sheet thin like a gram cracker.
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...45630452_n.jpg

Bake for around 12-15 until really brown. Cool and then crumble into bread crumb consitancy.
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...96951723_n.jpg

5 packages Splenda
Let sit.

Chocolate
2 teaspoons heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

In a parchment lined plate take 2 tablespoons of the chocolate and coat paper. Freeze for a few minutes till firm.
Add peanut butter mixture to the top of that and then pour rest of chocolate over that. Freeze.
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...17862408_n.jpg

SkeeterN 10-03-2012 01:15 PM

Where is the picture?

rosethorns 10-03-2012 01:17 PM

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!
A lot of us are getting old. And then factor in memory loss from chemo !!!!! Yuck.

I'm really laughing hard. Thanks M. We really appreciate yr. recipes.

mmorris 10-03-2012 01:26 PM

Oh MY... I am eating the last of my recipe It was so good it has the crunch of a Butterfinger ...and I could not stop!!! It looks like Induction for me for the next week.. LOL

ladeeda 10-03-2012 01:39 PM

Is there anyway to get the texture without the poly D. It really hurts my digestive system.

mmorris 10-03-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladeeda (Post 15988995)
Is there anyway to get the texture without the poly D. It really hurts my digestive system.

I am not sure :( I think Poly D give it crunch that the Butterfinger has in it.. Maybe someone else can think of something.. I would sure like to know too :)

mmorris 10-03-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladeeda (Post 15988995)

I am not sure :( I think Poly D give it crunch that the Butterfinger has in it.. Maybe someone else can think of something.. I would sure like to know too :)

LindaSue 10-03-2012 04:37 PM

Something else is missing; the number of servings you got out of the recipe or was that one huge Butterfinger, LOL.

mmorris 10-03-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LindaSue (Post 15989361)
Something else is missing; the number of servings you got out of the recipe or was that one huge Butterfinger, LOL.

:lol:For me it was one serving... however I believe you can cut it into 8. Also you can double the chocolate recipe if you really want it coated.

mmorris 10-03-2012 04:56 PM

Just a quick note to my post.. I use the above gram cracker recipe for all recipes calling for graham crackers... Ha Ha I've caught my own spelling error ;) I really thought it was gram crackers LOL

shelby'snana 10-03-2012 05:11 PM

looks good.....y'all are making me laugh :)

Ginaaaaaa 10-03-2012 05:33 PM

This is such a funny thread!! LOL Could you post the whole recipe together please. Thank you!!

rosethorns 10-03-2012 06:50 PM

yes LOL with the chocolate and pb in the recipe . Because I want to make this. THANKS MM

mmorris 10-03-2012 07:16 PM

Mock Graham Crackers
5 packages of [COLOR=#0066cc]Splenda[/COLOR]
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat Oven 375o
Mix all ingredients together and spread on a parchment lined small cookie sheet thin like a graham cracker.

Peanut Butter Filling
5 packages Splenda
2 1/2 tablespoons butter
Let sit while you make chocolate.

Chocolate
3 teaspoons cocoa
2 teaspoons heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

*chocolate can be doubled*

alonewithyou 06-27-2013 01:29 AM

Is the polyd a must?

LindaSue 06-27-2013 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alonewithyou (Post 16488984)
Is the polyd a must?

The texture would be very different without it. It gives baked goods a soft, chewy texture that you won't get with Splenda alone.

alonewithyou 06-27-2013 12:06 PM

Yeah. But it's used in the filling, so maybe it won't make such a difference? It would be different if it was in the cookie bottom if I understand correctly.

rosethorns 06-27-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alonewithyou (Post 16489918)
Yeah. But it's used in the filling, so maybe it won't make such a difference? It would be different if it was in the cookie bottom if I understand correctly.

The poly D is mixed with the cookie after it's baked.I'm going to make this. Maybe today.

mmorris 06-27-2013 03:40 PM

I recently tried the recipe with and without the polyd. Both recipes were wonderful but the one with the polyd. gave it more of a crunch... Love this recipe and it tastes wonderful if refrigerated or frozen :)

Smiles 06-28-2013 01:17 AM

OMG! This looks awesome! Thanks so much for the recipe. I could use the mock graham cracker crumbs in so many recipes. :jumpjoy:

Just wondering, would isomalt be a sub for the Poly D? :confused: I have Poly D and would be fine with trying it. I am asking for those with GI troubles when eating it.

Tracy

mmorris 06-28-2013 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiles (Post 16490662)
OMG! This looks awesome! Thanks so much for the recipe. I could use the mock graham cracker crumbs in so many recipes. :jumpjoy:

Just wondering, would isomalt be a sub for the Poly D? :confused: I have Poly D and would be fine with trying it. I am asking for those with GI troubles when eating it.

Tracy

I have never used isomalt before, if you use it let me know how it turns out. :)

rosethorns 06-29-2013 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiles (Post 16490662)

Tracy

No isomalt is a sweetener, Poly D is fiber but helps sweeteners. I think.

I use poly D in small amounts , because it can cause stomach distress.

HTH