Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2012, 07:10 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alonewithyou
Stats: 5'4, 150 lbs
WOE: Atkins >20 carbs a day
Start Date: 09-01-10/10-29-12/01-10-13/07-29-13
Splenda makes it bitter, so that might be it? Dryness could be the coconut flour. It soaks up a lot of liquid. I haven't made this, I just know this from experience.
alonewithyou is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2012, 01:16 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ladeeda
Stats: 265/199/175
WOE: Protein Power, modified
Start Date: April 2004
Has anyone made this with just almond flour (no coconut flour or flax)?
ladeeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:15 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CaliOkieGal4now
Stats: 150/125/120 5'10''
WOE: Atkins & Power 90- All The Way!!!
Start Date: February 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post
AND THIS HAD me laughing very hard!!!! I love it!!
Total Nutritional Count PER BROWNIE:
Calories: 37
Carbs: .5
Protein: 2

OK WHAT AM I MISSING HERE? Newbie at baking anything and new to Atkins so I am confused. Whole pan is 6 carbs, but each brownie is 5 carbs?????? help

No, no, no !!! Silly - .5 carbs, as in POINT 5, as in 1/2 carb
the decimal piont is VERY important !

so 6 carbs for whole recipe. 1/2 carb per brownie!
CaliOkieGal4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:18 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladeeda View Post
Has anyone made this with just almond flour (no coconut flour or flax)?
I have.
Its good with almond flour, you might prefer it that way?
Old 11-18-2012, 09:48 AM   #35
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoods View Post
Ok this is the exact recipe I used and my nutrition counts are a little different than CaliOkieGal's. I put mine in my recipe book so I'm pretty sure it's accurate. I used PB2 which is lower in calories and carbs than regular peanut butter, plus no baking powder, so her carb counts are just a bit off somewhere.

I tweaked it just a bit. I used:

2tbsp Bob's Red Mill Coconut Flour
2tbsp Bob's Red Mill Flax Meal
4tbsp Hershey's Unsweetened Cocoa
2tbsp PB2
1 Whole Large Egg
3 Large Egg Whites
1/4 cup Walden Farms Marshmallow Dip
1/4 cup Walden Farms Peanut Spread

I did not add the baking powder, salt, or extra sweetener. It really doesn't need any of it. For 12 servings I got per serving:
27 calories, 2.51g carbs, 1.6g fiber, 0.91g net carbs, 2.59g protein.
These are the counts I got and I did not use real pb so there's no way there are .5 carbs.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:38 PM   #36
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
Bump.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 03:27 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Smiles
Stats: 217/155/135
WOE: low carb, wheat free, low GI
You had me at peanut butter

Definitely gonna make this. I need to include the WF products on my next Netrition order.

Tracy
Smiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:15 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mobear
Stats: 235/195/LESS
WOE: Bernstein
Start Date: 9/2010
Thanks for the recipe MsWoods! Not sure I have coconut flour so I may sub almond flour for that. I definitely have to try these

Thanks to CaliOkieGal4Now also!
Mobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:53 AM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mobear
Stats: 235/195/LESS
WOE: Bernstein
Start Date: 9/2010
I made these brownies yesterday and I liked them . I ordered the WF peanut butter spread with chocolate (by accident ) so I used it rather than just the plain WF PB. I used 2 whole eggs and 2 egg whites. Since I like things on the sweet side, I used 1/2c of sweetener (liquid sucralose)

Made them in my muffin pan and plan on making some more and freezing. Nice little treat!
Mobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:11 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lonestarstamper
Stats: 221/210/150
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: April 2011
subbing
lonestarstamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:02 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bl0nd3y
Stats: 4'11 height<original weight 110lbs <current 94lbs>
WOE: Low Carb/JUDDD
Start Date: 23/08/2013
CaliOkieGal4now i signed up to lowcarbfriends all thanks to you, i LOVE your recipes, especially the kool-aid cookies. This idea is perfect, as iv ordered the Walden farms range in bulk but didnt know what to do with the marshmallow fluff, but now i know what ill be making with it.

I know exactly what u mean about the walden farms products being great for creating other items. I made a delicious caramel cream/custard by using walden farms caramel dip and LC foods condensed milk, mixed with eggs and whisked on the stove to thicken, it was AWESOME....would be great on a LC pie crust topped with LC cream, or a drizzle of WF caramel syrup!

I like the fact that you take into account those of us who also like to limit the fat content, which i think really works in LC dieting by keeping the all up calorie intake in check... takes the weight of super fast aswell, im actually considered underweight atm, so i might have to up the fat content slightly for a little while, but i managed to lose so much by cutting the carbs, and limiting fat content (where i could)

An idea i wanted to share with you is Satay Sauce, you can serve it with meat and veggies or just simply dip chicken skewers into, its delicious and made from Walden Farms products

i used a satay mixed spice blend which iv made myself and keep it in the cupboard, but a satay mix includes - Coriander seed, cumin seed, turmeric, fennel seed, ginger, black pepper, caraway seed, white pepper, garlic, nutmeg, you can also buy them pre-made

*1/2 jar Walden Farms Mayo
*1/2 Jar Walden Farms Peanut butter
*1/2 fat free sour cream
*1/2 tbsp peanut butter (or more to taste) (i used better'n'peanut butter - halfs the fat
*1/2 tsp curry powder
*1/2 tbsp satay herbs (add more to taste as personal preference in strength may differ)

- mix all together on a low heat on the stove, add some water if its required, depending on how thick you want it, and you have yourself some yummy satay sauce. I add a bit of water and PB powder for a nuttier flavour, but i will say the walden farms products dry up rather fast when exposed to heat or air.... - but in general its a yummy low calorie base that can be altered with your own personal preference.

the Walden farms alfredo sauce makes a delicious Lasanga sauce, by mixing the jar of sauce with a tub / stick of low fat cream cheese, its sooo yummy and creamy.

I plan on making these brownies today - off to the kitchen :P
bl0nd3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:17 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl0nd3y View Post
CaliOkieGal4now i signed up to lowcarbfriends all thanks to you, i LOVE your recipes, especially the kool-aid cookies. This idea is perfect, as iv ordered the Walden farms range in bulk but didnt know what to do with the marshmallow fluff, but now i know what ill be making with it.

I know exactly what u mean about the walden farms products being great for creating other items. I made a delicious caramel cream/custard by using walden farms caramel dip and LC foods condensed milk, mixed with eggs and whisked on the stove to thicken, it was AWESOME....would be great on a LC pie crust topped with LC cream, or a drizzle of WF caramel syrup!

I like the fact that you take into account those of us who also like to limit the fat content, which i think really works in LC dieting by keeping the all up calorie intake in check... takes the weight of super fast aswell, im actually considered underweight atm, so i might have to up the fat content slightly for a little while, but i managed to lose so much by cutting the carbs, and limiting fat content (where i could)

An idea i wanted to share with you is Satay Sauce, you can serve it with meat and veggies or just simply dip chicken skewers into, its delicious and made from Walden Farms products

i used a satay mixed spice blend which iv made myself and keep it in the cupboard, but a satay mix includes - Coriander seed, cumin seed, turmeric, fennel seed, ginger, black pepper, caraway seed, white pepper, garlic, nutmeg, you can also buy them pre-made

*1/2 jar Walden Farms Mayo
*1/2 Jar Walden Farms Peanut butter
*1/2 fat free sour cream
*1/2 tbsp peanut butter (or more to taste) (i used better'n'peanut butter - halfs the fat
*1/2 tsp curry powder
*1/2 tbsp satay herbs (add more to taste as personal preference in strength may differ)

- mix all together on a low heat on the stove, add some water if its required, depending on how thick you want it, and you have yourself some yummy satay sauce. I add a bit of water and PB powder for a nuttier flavour, but i will say the walden farms products dry up rather fast when exposed to heat or air.... - but in general its a yummy low calorie base that can be altered with your own personal preference.

the Walden farms alfredo sauce makes a delicious Lasanga sauce, by mixing the jar of sauce with a tub / stick of low fat cream cheese, its sooo yummy and creamy.

I plan on making these brownies today - off to the kitchen :P

Hi Blondie!

You have just made my day, Girl!! SO glad I could inspire you, and SO glad there are others out there like me, that see the value from having low-carb, low CALORIE treats and recipes to look forward to.

You are so right, its like, Waldens FArms products are sometimes somewhat BLECK to the max, all by themselves....but you can use them n so many fun, different, innovative ways, and make really very delicious recipes, and shave off hundreds of un-wanted calories from your food.

Its not that having fat is our food is bad.
Fat of course, as we all know from low carbing, fat is wonderful and delicious, and can be quite healthy. Always depends on where the fat is coming from.
Such as:
Butter = Good
Crisco = The Devil

But whats interesting, (and part of the reason why I got on this low carb, low calorie Kick) , is the more I close to my goal, and the more lean I became, it was more and more apparent that I simply was not doing any favors for myself by continuing to consume the same calories that I did when I was 175 and I do now at 125. My smaller body does not want or need that much energy anymore.

And what I found out, is there are MANY, MANY, MANY others that have experienced the same exact thing.....as they got smaller, the need to consume fewer calories, even while low carbing, became a new REALITY in their lives.

So.

With that being the case, here I come onto the stage,
to offer recipes for those who might just happen to be like me, and want/need to watch the fat as well as the carbs and the calories, while STILL WANTING TO EAT delicious, filling treats, and not feel deprived.

The recipes I've come up with, I feel taste pretty good, and can even look 'pretty' in case you want to make some to share with guests during a dinner party, etc. ( usually I don't share though - I'm one selfish lady, yeah, I know!!)

Now, will these treats taste AS GOOD as some of Linda Sues concoctions, made with lots of BUTTER, lots of ground nuts, etc, ...well....
probaly not. Hers recipes are a gift from the lowcarb gods - so decadent and amazing!!!

But some days, ya JUST WANT a Kool-Aid cookies, dangit!
or,

Just JUST WAnT some ooey-gooey-marshmellow fluff -peanut-butter-chocolate fudge - coconutflour "Brownies" ...and not feel one shred of guilt that you may have just maxed out your calories for the day.. you know what I'm sayin?

I think that you do - US BLONDIES really do understand each other, I do think!!!

So glad you joined LOWCARBFRIENDS..its an amazing group of awesome people!
And by the way, I love LOVE love your recipe for the Satay Sauce!!
We just harvested a bunch of veggies from our backyard garden. I have all the ingresients for the sauce, that you listed.

I'm going to try it out tonight, do a stir-fry with it, and think I'm going to serve it over a bed of
"Miracle RICE""

Thanks for the idea...keep em coming girlie!! Love your creativity - like minded are we, for sure!!!

Old 07-08-2013, 05:15 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

hehe your a legend, and you couldnt of put that any better. i know some days where i feel i want a little "more" than an average serving, and it feels damn good knowing i can do that without feeling the need to hit the treadmil - us blondies sure do understand each other

and your certainly right when it comes to your energy requirements changing, unfortunately someone of my tiny tiny height and frame is limited to a max of 1000 calories per day for maintenance or 980 cal to lose weight, which doesn't allow much for someone who LOVES their food, i was having a look at some of the recipes in the forum which would taste sooo yummy and rich, i can tell by the pic and the ingredients, but some have the same calories as eating pure butter/fat - which would mean one serving for me is like eating a bit over half my daily required intake.

We can adjust our bodies to use fats first for energy but if we are still over-loading the overall calories / energy input we wont get far with weight-loss. I used to yo-yo diet all time time when i excluded fat and did high carb, but ever since excluded the carbs and having mostly protein as my main energy intake, iv managed to get a six pack, and i havent done much to get it, i just seam to gain muscle so easily, especially considering before having a baby when i was yo-yo dieting i was flabby. Alot of people say "you just have a fast metabolism" but its definatley not correct. at one point i weighed 54kg (which may not be much for an average person) but for my height i was definatley curvaceous, so its not a fast metabolism, its finding the right diet technique.

I sure hope you like the satay sauce, i tried frying the sauce with the veggies and the sauce started evaporated rather quickly so i think its best to just pour it over afterwards - maby stew the veggies and meat in a slow cooker for the day and right before you pour it over, put a bit of real peanut butter in there for extra peanut taste, its delicious.

im actually baking a cake right now using the LC foods chocolate cake mix, since its low carb no fat as a mix, and requires the addition of fats and oils i took your suggestion for using the Walden farms in baking, and decided to replace and remove as much fat as possible so fingers crossed it turns out,

- Since i added an extra cup of LC foods cake flour so i could make two cakes (i like to bake in bulk so i can freeze it)
- i also added 4 scoops of the syntrax nectar choc fudge protein power, as i love the taste and find it filling
- i added extra cocoa powder and brown sugar to add to the extra flour mix.

To replace the fats and oils,
- I used egg whites only, and added an extra egg.
- I replaced the oil with Divinchi choc flavoured syrup, and added a slight bit extra for extra moisture.
- I used only a tblsp of light margarine (which has very low fat and no carbs, but by looking at the ingredients, seams to be made of water and a bit of oil)
- I replaced the butter with Walden farms marshmallow dip, although im sure the choc flavoured one would have been better, but im saving that for the filling.
- instead of cream i used almond milk
- i also added a bit of pure cocoa nibs which i had blended

when im in the kitchen i just tend to throw whatever i think looks good in the mix and hope for the best, but i should start keeping note so i can share the things that turn out yummy. ill post a photo of the inside if it works out well, and will try work out the difference in calories Walden Farms has helped me save
Old 07-09-2013, 12:05 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

As previously mentioned i made the LC foods choc cake with walden farms stuff, and it works well, a little dry, but if your using the sauces and syrups it covers up any dryness. I added some whipped cream mixed with walden farms marshmallow dip, however i think the choc frosting mix, and fruit spread would have been enough.
- After cutting the layers i spread WF strawberry fruit spread, i then layered over more choc frosting mix, then drizzled over WF strawberry ice-cream strawberry topping (then added the whipped cream which i really think the cake didnt need)

i added some WF strawberry syrup to the top layer of choc frosting to blend the flavours, then sprinkles with a bit of choc coconut rough, and freeze dried strawberry crumbs ...

This is the final cake - unfortunately i had al-foil covering it, and my other half squashed my piping with an EMPTY packet of ham, i was not a happy chappy, not just for squashing my cake but for putting an empty pack back in the fridge .... pfft...men? but anyway i attempted to fix it by using the back of a spoon to try connect the smoosh, but as you can see that failed miserably just ignore the presentation of it lol

Old 07-24-2013, 04:02 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: diwitch
Stats: 140/140/140
WOE: Mine
Start Date: Jan, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliOkieGal4now View Post
Hi!
Just wanted to share this with you all..I've been making this recipe almost every other day, for the last 2 weeks, been loving having something decadent but innocent to snack on now that we are in October, and everyone around us is eating HALLOWEEN candy. (Dang it, hate all the candy everywhere you look. But dont worry bout the high carb crud out there, I have a solution that will have you smiling, and shrinking in size and laughing at the candy eaters, in no time:

Super Yummy, Abosolutely Guilt Free, Peanutbutter-Marshmellow Fudge Brownies

1 Egg
3 Egg Whites
2 Tablespoons Coconut Flour
4 Tablespoons Sugar Free Cocoa Powder
2 Tablespoons Flaxmeal
2 Tablesppons Sugar Free Peanutbutter ( or Almond Butter )
4 Tablespoons Walden Farms Peanut Butter
4 Tablesppons Walden Farms Marshmellow Fluff
2 Cups Splenda ( or your favorite choice of Sugar Free Sweetener)
1 teaspoon Baking powder
dash of salt

Mix all together, spread into a bread loaf sized pan, sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Bake in over for approx 15-18 min at 375.
Allow to cool, cut into squares. Can frost with more walden farms if you like.Sometimes I do. Sometimes I dont.
Yeilds approx 12 brownies.

Total Nutritional Count for WHOLE recipe:
Calories:450
Carbs: 6
protein: 26

Total Nutritional Count PER BROWNIE:
Calories: 37
Carbs: .5
Protein: 2

How bout THAT, my friends!
EAT your brownies, and feel good about yourself at the same time! YEAH,
thats how I ROLL!

( by the way, you can tweak this a zillion ways....use walden farms chocolate dip, caramel dip, or strawberry jam,( to make chocolate strawberry peabutter brownies), or just get creative with it!

DISCLAIMER: This recipe is highly delicious, very addictive, and not recommended to be shared with non-low-carbers who have no appreciation for your sacrifices to lose weight while eating low carb. May cause episodes of unexpected laughing, long periods of blissful emotions, and feelings of contentment. If smile on face last for more than 4 hours, discontinue use. Mathmatical calcluations for nutritional information were done by a non-mathamatical person, who just wants to help people lose weight like she has done, however numbers might possibly be a lil off, even though she is pretty sure they are correct. Recommend pluggin the info into a tracker if one is concerned about accuracy. After all, this is your life. DO whatch gotta do.
These are SO good! Although I did tweek them a bit

Added:
1 TBLS Chocolate Syrup (Torani)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

For sweetener, I used:

2 Tbls stevia
1/2 cup splenda

for the nut butter:
2 TBLS Almond Butter
2 TBLS Peanut Butter
Both organic, nothing but nuts in them

Upped the baking powder to 1 1/2 teaspoons

3 eggs instead of the egg and egg whites

Grated about 2/3rds of a ChocoPerfection bar and added that last.

At 12 servings, per serving that gave me:

83 Calories
5.3 Carbs
2.6 Fiber
2.7 Net Carbs

Even hubby liked them and that is quite an accomplisment.

Di

Last edited by diwitch; 07-24-2013 at 04:03 AM..
diwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 02:58 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwitch View Post
These are SO good! Although I did tweek them a bit

Added:
1 TBLS Chocolate Syrup (Torani)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

For sweetener, I used:

2 Tbls stevia
1/2 cup splenda

for the nut butter:
2 TBLS Almond Butter
2 TBLS Peanut Butter
Both organic, nothing but nuts in them

Upped the baking powder to 1 1/2 teaspoons

3 eggs instead of the egg and egg whites

Grated about 2/3rds of a ChocoPerfection bar and added that last.

At 12 servings, per serving that gave me:

83 Calories
5.3 Carbs
2.6 Fiber
2.7 Net Carbs

Even hubby liked them and that is quite an accomplisment.

Di

If even your HUBBY liked, you KNOW you are onto something good !!

I recently tried something I really like with this recipe.....
...added coconut extract to the batter.
Use almond butter ( no Peanutbutter, Peanutbutter and coconut don't pair super-well together)

Then, after the brownie batter was spread in the pan, sprinkle 3 tablespoons of "Light" unsweetened shredded coconut evenly across the top, sprinkle a little bit more splenda across the coconut, and a few sprinkles of Molly Mc-Butter, and then spray all of that very very lightly with butter flavor Pam.

Still allow to bake in the oven for 15 min or so till coconut on top is browned and brownies are done...

TASTES SOOOOOOO much like an ALMOND JOY --( If almond Joy was a brownie !!))

Try it...its super good....and the coconut ( 3 TB) only added 85 calories, and 3 carbs to the ENTIRE recipe !

enjoy!
Old 08-29-2013, 06:15 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: diwitch
Stats: 140/140/140
WOE: Mine
Start Date: Jan, 2009
Is the WF marshmallow fluff used to replace the oil in these? After reading the thread I am assuming that to be the case, but I had never tried any WF products before, so I wasn't sure.

Di
diwitch is offline   Reply With Quote