Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2012, 02:07 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Widget
Crustless Lemon Cheesecake

We hadn't been married long when I made my first pumpkin pie. I proudly placed it on the kitchen counter and went to take my bath, then I was going to slice it and serve this awesome dessert. But when I returned to the kitchen, the crust was intact, but every smidge of the filling was gone, he didn't even save me a sliver of filling. After picking my jaw up off the floor, I said, "Why did you do this?" His answer was, "I don't like pie crust."

No, I didn't kill him, although I probably should have, and we celebrated our 49th anniversary on the 21st. of this month. Anyway, now that we are both low carbing, I make my cheesecake and pumpkin pie crustless. I don't miss the crust, for me the filling is the best part.

This has a subtle lemon flavor, and even though crustless, it come out of the pan without falling apart. Of course cheesecake tastes best when cold. This is yummy.

Crustless Lemon Cheesecake
(8 servings)

16 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sour cream
2 eggs
sweetener to equal 2/3 cup of sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Beat with mixer, spread in an oiled glass pie plate. Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 30 minutes. Let cool, chill, slice, keep refrigerated.
Widget is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2012, 02:34 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
How funny, Widget! Reminds me of the time we were at my in-laws one Christmas years ago and I had told everyone not to let my two dachshunds in the house while my MIL and I were cooking the feast. Well all of a sudden in the afternoon I heard my MIL scream in the kitchen. My FIL had apparently let them in, unbeknownst to me at the front of the house. I came running in the kitchen and my oldest dachshund was standing up on the dinette table chair, paws on the table sampling the pecan pie she had just baked earlier. Only a few bites were consumed. My dachsies were always timid, delicate eaters, unlike my current ratties. My MIL just sliced that quarter of the pie away and nary a word was said about it until later that evening. I haven't lived that one down to this day and it wasn't even my fault. :{

You cheesecake sounds delightful, but your story was even better!
Old 09-24-2012, 02:49 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: mmorris
Stats: 268/128-Goal Weight Finally!! (-140 pounds gone)
WOE: Atkins All the WAY!!
Start Date: August 2002
Funny Stories

Going to definatly try your "Crustless Lemon Cheesecake" tomorrow.. I'll post a picture, YUM
mmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:58 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttoni View Post
How funny, Widget! Reminds me of the time we were at my in-laws one Christmas years ago and I had told everyone not to let my two dachshunds in the house while my MIL and I were cooking the feast. Well all of a sudden in the afternoon I heard my MIL scream in the kitchen. My FIL had apparently let them in, unbeknownst to me at the front of the house. I came running in the kitchen and my oldest dachshund was standing up on the dinette table chair, paws on the table sampling the pecan pie she had just baked earlier. Only a few bites were consumed. My dachsies were always timid, delicate eaters, unlike my current ratties. My MIL just sliced that quarter of the pie away and nary a word was said about it until later that evening. I haven't lived that one down to this day and it wasn't even my fault. :{

You cheesecake sounds delightful, but your story was even better!
You have quite a story yourself. My husband and his sister are always joking around, trying to get the better of each other. My MIL was to have a family dinner at her house, I was helping prepare. I walked in the kitchen, her cat was licking the frosting on the cake. I had a fit. I knew DH and I weren't planning on eating any of that cake. When everyone arrived, I told them what happened. My MIL, who they all believe doesn't lie, denied that the cat incident ever happened.

Some of them ate cake, some didn't. There was a small indention on top of the cake, DH told his sister that was the best piece. Don't ask me why, but she took that piece of cake. DH didn't tell her until she was finished eating it... that was where the cat's butt was sitting when she licked the cake. Disgusting story, but true.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:12 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
(DH didn't tell her until she was finished eating it... that was where the cat's butt was sitting when she licked the cake. Disgusting story, but true.)

LOL, Widget - that really did make me laugh out loud!!
Tweaker Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:26 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

The thing that got to me is I actually did convince her that the cat licked the cake before she decided to eat some of it. And after she ate it and found out that is where the cat sat, it didn't bother her at all, she even ate another slice later in the day.

As for me, the whole thing grossed me out.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:09 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shopgirl
Stats: 255/234/135
WOE: Low Carb / 5:2
Start Date: May 31, 2011
Going to make this tomorrow. Thanks for sharing!
shopgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:38 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

It's chilling in the fridge and looks delicious.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:08 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/155/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
Widget

I loved your story.....He is lucky to be alive
Barbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:25 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jakelilydad
WOE: low carbs
Start Date: Feb 2012
Carb Count

If anyone cares, I just did a carb count on this...

For 8 servings, 2.1 g carb per serving (which means I can eat at least 1/4 of the cheesecake and still feel good about my day!)

Many thanks for the recipe - can't wait to try it.
Jakelilydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:11 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: baileygirl3
Stats: 177/135/135
WOE: Low Carb
I have this in the oven right now...yumm...can't wait to have it later after dinner. Thanks for sharing
baileygirl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:32 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Nancy E.
Stats: 160/122/115
WOE: Low Carb - my plan - still learning
Start Date: July, 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakelilydad View Post
If anyone cares, I just did a carb count on this...

For 8 servings, 2.1 g carb per serving (which means I can eat at least 1/4 of the cheesecake and still feel good about my day!)

Many thanks for the recipe - can't wait to try it.
That was going to be my question, thanks for doing this. I am making it today.
Nancy E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:36 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Luca
Stats: 204/159/145
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 7/4/11
YUMMY!
Luca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:31 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gabby1
Stats: 220/192/170 5'9" 47yo
WOE: Gentle Low Carb
Start Date: 6/22/2012
Love the simplicity of this recipe! Thanks for sharing it as I am turning my thoughts to Thanksgiving and what low carb goodies to make.
Gabby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:42 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pendragginp
Love the story, and since I love both lemon and cheesecake I WILL be making this.
(And since Husband doesn't like lemon - ALL for ME!)

Last edited by pendragginp; 09-30-2012 at 09:43 AM..
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:37 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RVlady
Widget and Buttoni,

Absolutely loved your stories...still giggling So funny about your MIL convincing everyone you were making the whole thing up Widget.. Were the two of you friends or enemies?
And a HUGE congratulations for flying through 49 years together. Quite an accomplishment in this day and age....(especially after the pie incident) I want to know how you managed to not crack the pie plate over his head.

Connie
RVlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:08 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

My MIL and I have always been great friends. It was almost time for guests to arrive and I know she didn't want to pitch the cake. If I hadn't seen the cat in action, I'm sure she would have served it without telling anyone. I've eaten a lot of meals over there, makes a person wonder...

I didn't crack the pie plate over his head because he got me laughing over the whole thing. He's a real card, I can't stay mad at him.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:58 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lene
Stats: 225/212/160
WOE: fat, fat, fat
Start Date: 9/1/12
The cheesecake sounds yummy and I'm gonna try it one of these days, but I have to tell you, these stories are what have made my day. Cat butt cake! I can't wait til Jeff gets home from work tonight so I can tell him about that. He'll laugh himself sick.
lene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:50 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EyeDoc
Stats: 122/107-109/108 5'1.5"
WOE: Mindful eating
Start Date: August 31, 2011 third time around
subbing! Can't wait to try this! Thanks for sharing!

The very first dessert I ever made for my husband (12 years ago) was a pumpkin pie. It looked and smelled fabulous!

However, I inadvertently made it low carb...forgot to add the sugar...
EyeDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:38 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

I made this the other day and used lime juice instead of lemon juice and upped the vanilla to 1 teaspoon instead of 1/2. We liked it even better than the lemon version.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:52 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jlp2009
yum key lime!! This sounds really good. I've been on a cheesecake kick the past couple weeks so I will try this next (with the lime I think....)
Thanks Widget!
jlp2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:05 AM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SCOTTSDALEJULIE
Stats: 242/202/145
Just recently I made a hugh ham because my kids were coming for dinner, unfortunately, they had to cancel. My husband and I ate a very small portion of the hgam, and left it on the counter to cool. Whan I woke up in the morning, I looked all over for the ham, and, then assuming our dog got it, I went ouside to look for tell tail signs of bones, etc. No signs of any ham. came inside and started talking to the dog about this with my face close to his, and he burped in my face, and all I could smell was haam.
SCOTTSDALEJULIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:35 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTSDALEJULIE View Post
Just recently I made a hugh ham because my kids were coming for dinner, unfortunately, they had to cancel. My husband and I ate a very small portion of the hgam, and left it on the counter to cool. Whan I woke up in the morning, I looked all over for the ham, and, then assuming our dog got it, I went ouside to look for tell tail signs of bones, etc. No signs of any ham. came inside and started talking to the dog about this with my face close to his, and he burped in my face, and all I could smell was haam.
On Wednesday night, DH went to Schnucks to buy a ham because they were 99 cents per pound. On Thursday, for breakfast we had fried ham and eggs. We had ham salad for dinner. After dinner he said, "The ham salad was really good."

I said, "I'm glad you liked it because that is what you will be eating for dinner tomorrow."

He said, "What are we having the next day?"

My husband and I joke around a lot, so with a serious look on my face, I said, "Ham."

He said, "And the day after that?"

"Ham."

That evening I looked in the fridge and the ham was gone. He had driven to his sister's house and given her the rest of the ham.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:10 PM   #24
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: rosethorns
Stats: 252/140/150
WOE: atkins I eat non allergic food
Start Date: restarted 1-07
I came in here for the Lemon Cheesecake recipe for my sister.

I had no idea all these stories would be here. You all are so funny!

Thanks it perked up my day.
rosethorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:31 PM   #25
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Melrose
WOE: Atkins Again
Start Date: Restarting: 11.11.13
subbing.
Melrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:56 PM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Have made this before and it was delicious.

Just made a new one based on this recipe, but omitted the lemon juice. Bumped up the vanilla and then reserved about a cup of cheesecake filling and added about 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder and 2 packets of Splenda. Mixed well, then dropped by big spoon fulls on top of the batter already in the pie plate. Used a knife to swirl. Just took my low carb, crustless, chocolate swirl cheesecake out of the oven and it looks and smell amazing!
Old 02-14-2013, 10:51 AM   #27
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: coffeegirl
WOE: LC
Start Date: Oct 13, 2012
So excited.....subbing!
coffeegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:07 AM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lazy girl
This has been a great thread-so entertaining.

I made the cheesecake yesterday. I worked out quite well except for the fact that I didn't hear the timer on the oven and overcooked it a bit. So it was a trifle dry around the outside edge. Other than that, it was pretty fail-safe. This is definitely a keeper.
lazy girl is offline   Reply With Quote