Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 02:11 PM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stickergoddess
Stats: 182/154/140
WOE: low carb
Start Date: restart 11/03/2012
My loaf is in the oven... hoping to have a yummy bbq pork sandwich for dinner tonight.
stickergoddess is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2012, 04:30 PM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Brendajm
Stats: 130/122/117
WOE: was atkins, now maintenance
Start Date: march, 2004
I just ordered some Italian loaf pans from amazon to make a long skinny loaf with this recipe. I can't wait to try it, maybe make sub rolls!???
Brendajm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:03 AM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: majomor
I just made the inside out peanut butter cookies for valentines

This was very tasty, but because go high altitude had to cover the last 15 minutes of cooking.
image.jpg
image.jpg
majomor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:04 AM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Here is the before bake

Oops I could not get 2 different pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (55.9 KB, 27 views)

Last edited by majomor; 02-19-2013 at 08:06 AM.. Reason: Picture after
Old 02-19-2013, 09:20 AM   #95
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Soobee
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: September 2000
They look great, upside down and sideways!
Soobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:11 PM   #96
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ginaaaaaa
WOE: High Carb Low Fat
Start Date: April 2009
They look yummy!!!

My pics keep coming out sideways and upside down too when I post from my iPod lol I have to do it from my kindle. I can only post one pic at a time from my iPod too.
Ginaaaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:21 PM   #97
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: catkan
WOE: Moderate Carbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginaaaaaa View Post
They look yummy!!!

My pics keep coming out sideways and upside down too when I post from my iPod lol I have to do it from my kindle. I can only post one pic at a time from my iPod too.
That was happening with my ipad also. I googled it and it seems I was holding my ipad upside down when I was taking the pictures.
catkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:53 PM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catkan View Post
That was happening with my ipad also. I googled it and it seems I was holding my ipad upside down when I was taking the pictures.
That makes sense lol

I figured out why mine were coming out sideways. If I turn the iPod sideways it goes into landscape mode but sometimes when I turn it, it doesn't go into landscape so it comes out sideways. I make sure its gone into landscape mode before I take my pictures now and they are fine.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:49 PM   #99
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: razberry
Stats: Currently 228, re-started 9/1 down 56 lbs!
WOE: lower carb/low-glycemic w/portion control
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendajm View Post
and it was AWESOME.. I made it into rolls instead of a loaf.. I got 21 small rolls..very good,, loved dipping into olive oil with it..I had to freeze them so I would not keep eating it.. Next time I think I will shape into a long loaf like italian bread and bake on cookie and then slice.. the rolls held there shape so I think the bread would too. I cant wait to try another.. my rolls were 1.6 net carbs each..
Oh my goodness, I'll have to find that recipe or get the book. Sounds wonderful. Did they taste like wheat rolls?
razberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:19 PM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TBipp
Stats: 142/112/120, 5 ft 2 in
WOE: Combined low carb
Start Date: 05/23/2011
Quote:
That makes sense lol

I figured out why mine were coming out sideways. If I turn the iPod sideways it goes into landscape mode but sometimes when I turn it, it doesn't go into landscape so it comes out sideways. I make sure its gone into landscape mode before I take my pictures now and they are fine.
Thank you so much for explaining!!!
TBipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:48 PM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
That makes sense lol

Thanks very much Gina for sorting that out.....it was driving me crazy!!!
I wanted to ask you a question Gina (you are so hard working, don't want to forget to thank you for all your work!).
I just made the Pizza with the yeast and salt and OO and the BTF mix.
I had made Maria's 2 weeks ago and had a partly burnt turnout as I let it broil on High!!!!!(just ended up eating the topping, so I really did not get a good taste of the crust.(do you broil your Pizza at the end like she says?)
How would you compare Maria's crust to this one of yours with the yeast?
thanks very much.
Joanne
from high altitude Canada (huge altitude issues with baking!)
Old 02-22-2013, 08:25 PM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by majomor View Post
Thanks very much Gina for sorting that out.....it was driving me crazy!!!
I wanted to ask you a question Gina (you are so hard working, don't want to forget to thank you for all your work!).
I just made the Pizza with the yeast and salt and OO and the BTF mix.
I had made Maria's 2 weeks ago and had a partly burnt turnout as I let it broil on High!!!!!(just ended up eating the topping, so I really did not get a good taste of the crust.(do you broil your Pizza at the end like she says?)
How would you compare Maria's crust to this one of yours with the yeast?
thanks very much.
Joanne
from high altitude Canada (huge altitude issues with baking!)
I've made Maria's crust a few times and I do like her crust, but I never broil it. I just roll out the dough, top it then bake at 400 for 25 minutes. I also burnt my pizza the first time I made it when I put it under the broiler, thats when I decided to just top and bake it. I've only made the yeast pizza crust once so far and I did like it, I think it needs a little more liquid because it came out somewhat dry. Did you like it?
I can't really compare the two because their both different doughs, they each have a different taste but I like them both.
My favorite pizza right now is the one I made using the BTF mix that has no yeast in it. It's in the BTF sticky thread.

Sorry but I can't help you with the high altitude problem, I don't know anything about it.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:55 PM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Yes you are right Gina, the 2 crusts are very different.
I did finally have the Yeast crust tonight and it was very good tasting i.e no funkiness. But you were right it was dry and I should have sprinkled OO on top before I baked it.
Instead I sprinkled on the OO after it was baked which helped.
Yes it still does need some work with the dryness , maybe I should have added more OO.
I will try your other sticky crust next....I tossed up the idea of making it instead to night but I wanted it to be different from Maria,s, which has Psyllium husk powder also......so onto the next one of yours.

I have to add, that I was soso stuffed after eating 2 pieces, that I barely had enough room for Maria,s Tres Leches yellow cake, which was fabulous tasting.....Which leads me to try your recent yellow cake with the whole milk powder tomorrow.
thanks for replying.
Joanne
Old 02-23-2013, 11:24 AM   #104
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by majomor View Post
Yes you are right Gina, the 2 crusts are very different.
I did finally have the Yeast crust tonight and it was very good tasting i.e no funkiness. But you were right it was dry and I should have sprinkled OO on top before I baked it.
Instead I sprinkled on the OO after it was baked which helped.
Yes it still does need some work with the dryness , maybe I should have added more OO.
I will try your other sticky crust next....I tossed up the idea of making it instead to night but I wanted it to be different from Maria,s, which has Psyllium husk powder also......so onto the next one of yours.

I have to add, that I was soso stuffed after eating 2 pieces, that I barely had enough room for Maria,s Tres Leches yellow cake, which was fabulous tasting.....Which leads me to try your recent yellow cake with the whole milk powder tomorrow.
thanks for replying.
Joanne
Thank you for trying my pizza crust. Yes, the yeast flavor was a nice change and the slight wetness or sliminess from the psyllium was not there either. I think adding more water or oil would help with the dryness. My daughter mentioned the dryness but I kind of liked it compared to the psyllium crust. I want to make the yeast one again soon, but my kids if you can believe it, are getting sick if pizza lol. I think my recipe using the BTF mix in the psyllium pizza crust gives a dryer crust, and the psyllium isn't as present as it is in the original recipe.

Maria's cake sounds yummy! I can't believe how much mine tastes like a real high carb yellow cake. I used the buttery vanilla flavored emulsion, which I think gave it that real bakery flavor too. I ate a piece last night right from the fridge and it was even more moist. If you don't have whole milk powder you can use non-fat or if you don't want to use milk powder you can use your favorite milk sub in place of the water in the recipe.

Sorry about our thread jack everyone, please just ignore us!

Last edited by Ginaaaaaa; 02-23-2013 at 11:27 AM..
Old 02-23-2013, 11:47 AM   #105
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SCOTTSDALEJULIE
Stats: 242/202/145
I have the book, and haven't made anything out of it. Gotta get to baking.
SCOTTSDALEJULIE is offline   Reply With Quote