Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   I ate it and (amazingly) lost weight! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/781369-i-ate-amazingly-lost-weight.html)

Susanpmi 08-22-2012 09:54 AM

I ate it and (amazingly) lost weight!

I would like to start a new thread where people post foods and recipes that they ate and noticed a weight drop the next day. I have seen lots of threads about low carb pizza and breakfast muffins where people reported eating them regularly and they were surprised and delighted that they kept on losing weight! I want to know what some of these foods/recipes are! Thanks everyone for sharing!

Criosa 08-22-2012 10:18 AM

Steak and spinach with vinegar is a good one for me.

Susanpmi 08-22-2012 01:25 PM

Sounds like a good combo!

Gabby1 08-22-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Criosa (Post 15890660)
Steak and spinach with vinegar is a good one for me.

I recently discovered the joys of steak and a good Balsamic or red wine vinegar- such a great combo! :steak: And if you have some cooked veggies on the plate the vinegar and oil and juice from the meat flavor the veggies....yum!!!:yummy:

But I digress. Nothing really stalls me except overeating calorie-wise. I so wish this was not the case but I recently noticed I wasn't losing and so started using a calorie tracker and -lo and behold- once I got my calories less than 1800 a day the weight loss started again. Oh well, the happy oblivion to calories was fun while it lasted.

Good news is- when I eat low carb foods it is pretty easy to stay under that calorie limit because the fat and protein are so satiating. Such a shocker for me because in my non-LC days, if anyone ever asked me, "How many cookies is in a serving" my answer would be, "How many cookies are in the bag?":D

Susanpmi 08-22-2012 06:08 PM

Any other surprising meals that don't slow down weight loss?

Barbo 08-22-2012 07:38 PM

We think that

fish meals, including a salad eaten 3-4 times per week
gets the weight going again. In olden days WW had you
eating fish fish meals per week.

ladeeda 08-25-2012 09:39 AM

Most any veggie and protein combo works for me. Tho I am more about lowering my blood glucose numbers than losing weight at this time.

Tilly 08-25-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lramirez2000 (Post 15891472)
Good news is- when I eat low carb foods it is pretty easy to stay under that calorie limit because the fat and protein are so satiating. Such a shocker for me because in my non-LC days, if anyone ever asked me, "How many cookies is in a serving" my answer would be, "How many cookies are in the bag?":D

:hyst:

I also was a member of the "eat the whole bag" club. Just started cutting back on protein and increasing the fat. Low and behold, the hunger does stop. And YUM!

theredhead 08-26-2012 06:31 AM

There's an old recipe that floated around here for awhile called Whooshie Pi, created by SanSanity. It was said to stimulate weight loss. Here is a tweaked version of it from Dieselbud:

I hope SanSanity doesn't mind, but I took her recipe and tweaked it a bit.

It is less runny, not quite as tart, and much more flavorful.

Whooshie Pie

2lbs lean gr beef
1/2 medium onion chopped
2TBS worcestershire sauce
1 8oz package cream cheese
1 TBSP horseradish
1 TBSP prepared mustard
1 large egg (or 2 small)
1 clove garlic, crushed,
salt/pepper

I used an 8x8 glass cake pan.

Press 1/2 of the meat in the bottom covering completely. Sprinkle over 1 of the TBSPs of worcester, salt and pepper.

blend the rest of the ingredients (except the rest of the worcester) and smooth over the beef. (It is like a cake mix texture)

Crumble the rest of the beef over top, I didn't press it into a patty, I kind of left it loose. Sprinkle the rest of the worcester sauce, a bit more salt/pepper and put in a 350 oven for 1 hour.

After an hour, I drained off the liquid.......... and popped it back in for an additional 15 minutes.

I entered all the above ingredients into fiday, and got for the entire pie, you can customize your own serving size :

30 grams carbs
186 protein
276 fat
3348 calories

AlieKatt 08-26-2012 06:48 AM

Spinach and bacon. You cook the spinach right in the drippings. I though, there is no way on earth this is going to help me lose wieght and it does!

smileyface 08-29-2012 03:27 PM

These are recipes I could definitely try..:-)

Deanna :hiya:

Jennifer Eloff 08-29-2012 05:12 PM

:hyst: Whooshie Pie!!

Susanpmi 02-28-2013 11:20 AM

The whooshie pie sounds interesting!

MSS726 02-28-2013 02:18 PM

Unfortunately, with low carbing, the food is delicious, and I have a real problem keeping portion size under control. Any suggestions for evening snacks, also? That is my problem time.