Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2012, 07:17 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jdcri
Stats: 236/135 (GB in 2009)... now 160.8/152.8/125
WOE: Low carb - nothing specific
Start Date: March 2012
Bread pudding or french toast in the microwave

I have been experimenting with carbquick - I printed 50 pages of recipes from the sticky, but have only tried doing a microwave recipe I made up when I made pancakes the other day and another micro choc cake thing.

So tonight I wanted something sweet but did not want to turn on the oven. I saw a recipe for a caramel choc micro cake, I decided to try caramel cinnamon so I made this up:

1/3 c carbquick
1-1/2 TBS sugarfree syrup - i used dulce de leche
1 egg, beaten
heavy cream

I mixed the ingredients and added heavy cream until it was a thinner than pancake batter consistency - maybe a bit thinner than cake batter. I microwaved for about 2 mins

what came out smelled so good! reminded me of eggy french toast! And bread pudding!! I could slice this and use as french toast - either just brown in a buttered pan or try dipping it - what I did was cut into chunks with a spoon and poured a small amount of heavy cream over it with more cinnamon like a bread pudding this is awesome!!
jdcri is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2012, 09:12 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cindy lolz
WOE: I do my darndest to stay under 20g a day :D
Easy bread pudding with easy ingredients?!

As the nerds type, "U CANNOT B SERIOS!"

I just whipped this up... My husband and I totally inhaled it. OMGGZZZ, SO GOOD.

You cannot taste that Carbquick taste at all!

(It looks like cauliflower dusted with paprika, haha.)

Thank you!!!

Wait, it also looks like Linda's JLSBP!! (Minus the green onion.)

Speaking of Linda, Linda needs to try this. I know she likes bread pudding, and she doesn't like Carbquick. I bet she would be pleasantly... well... pleased with this recipe.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:16 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jdcri
Stats: 236/135 (GB in 2009)... now 160.8/152.8/125
WOE: Low carb - nothing specific
Start Date: March 2012
Haha it does!!

I was shocked when I tasted it!! It was so good! Can probably make this and let it dry a little and soak it in french toast ingredients and do a baked frenched toast with it!! Of course it tastes good within minutes of cooking it so I will probably never actually do that LOL!!

I also made an apple cake recipe in the microwave with it (well I was attempting to make apple pancakes and tried it in the microwave and it worked well as both - the different cooking preocess gave each a very different texture!!) - I used 1/4 c heavy cream, 2 eggs, 1 c carbquick, 8-12 tsp sugar equiv dep on sweet preference (i liked this one less sweet). 1/2 small apple peeled and diced, cinnamon (I don't measure, just sprinkle and taste!) mix everything up and divide into 3 buttered/sprayed ramekins (about 1/3c each) and cook for about 1 min 20 secs or until no longer wet on top. So yummy!! Then I tried this again, omitting the apple and cinnamon and adding 1/4tsp vanilla extract and 1/4 tsp almond extract - made a really decent shortcake type base (had a cakey/bisquity taste/texture). My carb loving husband even loved it!!
jdcri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:11 PM   #4

Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
sounds good. I wish I didn't gain weight every time I use carbquik. *sigh*
ravenrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:35 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jigglenomore
Stats: Mac Truck/Small SUV/Mini-Cooper
WOE: Atkins/South Beach/Low Glycemic/Voodoo
This sounds so delish! Thanks for posting the recipes!
jigglenomore is offline   Reply With Quote