Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2012, 06:15 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Erinmama
Stats: 145/ 127.5 (hit goal!!!!)
WOE: LC, 17.5 pounds gone! 10/1/12
Start Date: 6/18/2012
Chai, YUM.

I am in love with chai tea. i recently bought some Oregon Chai sugar free concentrate, I like to mix it with unsweet almond milk and warm it up. Seriously delish.

Do any of you have other yummy ways to use chai? Their website has a TON of recipes, but most of the cooking/baking ones won't work for LC (but man was I droooooooling over them) Figured I ask on here for any ideas! Thx!
Erinmama is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2012, 04:47 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Soobee
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: September 2000
I found this recipe from Carolyn.
Chai Spice Biscotti Carolyn
Biscotti:
2 cups almond flour
3/4 cup Stevia in the Raw
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground cardamom
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/8 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
Glaze:
1/4 cup powdered erythritol
1 tbs. strong brewed tea
Preheat oven to 325F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, Stevia in the Raw, baking powder, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, cloves and xanthan gum. In a medium bowl, stir together melted butter, egg, vanilla extract. Add wet ingredients to dry and stir vigorously until dough comes together. Turn dough out onto baking sheet and form into low, flat log, 10 x 4 inches. Bake 22 to 24 minutes, or until lightly browned and firm to the touch. Remove from oven and let cool 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 250F. With a sharp knife, gently cut into 15 even slices. Place slices back onto baking sheet cut-side down and bake for 15 minutes, then flip each slice and continue to bake for another 15 minutes. Turn off oven and let sit inside until cool.
For the glaze, whisk together the powdered erythritol and the tea until smooth. Drizzle over cooled biscotti and let set.
Soobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:13 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Carli
Start Date: March 7 2011
One of my great loves in life is Stash brand Chai tea. Its just a spiced tea bag, I steep it and add whatever milk and sweetener I want. Its incredible, and they also make a Chai double spice that is to die for. If you ever need something portable or have a hard time finding your concentrate, you may want to try the tea bags. Nothing but spice and black tea.
Carli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:41 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: twilight
Stats: 225/186.5/130
WOE: VLC/Atkins
I have an entire can of chai tea from Teavana. I love to drink it at night. I've contemplated attempting a latte of sorts or mixing it in w/my protein powder for a chai protein shake.
twilight is offline   Reply With Quote