Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Magic Weight Loss Meal (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/779509-magic-weight-loss-meal.html)

netters272 07-31-2012 08:05 AM

Magic Weight Loss Meal

I stopped in from tending to my husband because I just had to share my new GO TO MEAL from Lisa

You can google where I got it-not sure if I could list it

Magic Weight Loss Meal
This is an experiment of the low carb kind (less than 2 carbs). Can a mini magic meal jump start weight loss? Can it help a person become *cough* "regular"? I'm convinced my mini magic meal could do the trick. At the very least, it will give you a nutritious bang for your buck.

Magic Weight Loss Meal

1/4 cup of flaxmeal
1 tbsp. of butter
1 tbsp. of heavy whipping cream
1 tbsp. of chia gel
2 tbsp. of hot water

Pour your flaxmeal in a bow. Cut the butter into small squares and spread it around on top of the flaxmeal. Pour in the hot water and stir until the butter is melted. Add the heavy whipping cream and chia gel. Stir well. It's kind of thick and goopy and okay, it's brown, but it tastes good -very much like oatmeal, and it keeps you feeling full and satisfied.

Note: You might want to try this on a day that you are home for a couple of hours after eating. It's a good idea to see how your body reacts to it first. So far, my body has reacted very well (normal), but rather quickly (the urge to purge comes rather fast if you know what I mean).

How to Make Chia Gel

Mix 1/3 cup of chia seeds with 2 cups of water. It takes about 10 minutes to gel. Store it in the fridge. It lasts for about a week. It's rather tasteless. Mix it into protein shakes or any baking recipes. I've also heard that it help to moisten ground turkey and meatloaf type meals. You can also add chia seeds to your salad. It's the newly discovered (yet, rather ancient) super food!

I added a bit of PB2 powdered peanut butter (about a tbl) and a packet of truvia.. I thought this was going to be awful and now im addicted.. I cant even describe the taste.. it is weird but GOOD weird.... sometimes I nuke it a bit but I actually like it room temp.

Im not sure about the weight loss as I just started eating it yesterday but IM SO big on the chia gel now that I thought, why not give it a try

j

Tilly 08-01-2012 05:10 PM

Maybe I need this. I have all the ingredients. Fall perhaps? since it is a warm dish. don't dare try it in the morning when going out, :eek:

maybelle 08-02-2012 04:45 AM

sounds yummy, J!

MagieDen 08-02-2012 04:57 AM

Yummo :yummy: sounds delish will have it later! :)

jandjsmom 08-02-2012 06:06 AM

I've got to get some Chia!! This looks like something I would like. I am always trying to find something quick, with few ingredients and keeps me full!!

Thanks for posting!!

RVcook 08-02-2012 09:11 AM

I'm always looking for a new way to start my day and this breakfast looked worth a try! But for me, I changed it up a bit since I don't "do" flax anymore:

1/4 cup of almond meal/flour
1 tbsp. of hot water
1 tbsp. of butter
1 tbsp. of heavy whipping cream
1/8 tsp. vanilla extract (or other flavor)
2 tbsp. of chia gel
Stevia to taste

I combined the almond meal/flour with the water and nuked it for about 20 secs. I then stirred in the butter, cream, extract and gel and combined well. I added the stevia, because the texture and taste reminded me of tapioca as it became cold. I have to say that I really like this recipe.

Thanks a bunch Jnet!

Edited to add: I increased the amount of chia gel from 1 TB to 2 TB because I prefer a thicker consistency when it's cold.

MargD 08-05-2012 07:48 AM

Tried the version of this from the first post, including the addition of PB2 and Truvia. I thought it was very very tasty.

Thanks, Netters, and thanks to Low Carb Underground.

Wanted to add that I tempted fate by going grocery shopping after eating this. I have had no bathroom issues from this, so far. It has been almost five hours since I ate it.

Tilly 08-05-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargD (Post 15850863)
Tried the version of this from the first post, including the addition of PB2 and Truvia. I thought it was very very tasty.

Thanks, Netters, and thanks to Low Carb Underground.

Wanted to add that I tempted fate by going grocery shopping after eating this. I have had no bathroom issues from this, so far. It has been almost five hours since I ate it.

Good to know, rather safe than sorry! :o

ellenalesa 08-11-2012 04:55 AM

Delicious!

Flax is supposed to be good for controlling blood sugar, fighting inflammation and, of course, good for the GI tract.

I made this yesterday and it is delicious!

I am wondering if anyone lost any weight from eating it?

Kateee 08-12-2012 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellenalesa (Post 15865040)
Flax is supposed to be good for controlling blood sugar, fighting inflammation and, of course, good for the GI tract.

I made this yesterday and it is delicious!

I am wondering if anyone lost any weight from eating it?

I can tell you flax helped me in losing :) I was hung up in the 180's. Adding this to my morning breakfast, I started losing, plus my cholresterol numbers have improved.

I take 1/4 c ground flax, w/1T Chia added to 3/4 cup hot water. Sometimes I'll add some cinnamon, as cinnamon helps with blood sugar too.

I drink it quickly, as it thickens fast.

Thanks for posting the recipe, I never saw it before. Going to give it a try :)