Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2013, 09:11 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherrymyra
I have that little Ninja. Works awesome for smoothies. I have a Vitamix also, which I love, love, love, but this little Ninja works better for smoothies I think because you can take the blade out and it is kind of chore to scrape the smoothie out from around the Vitamix blades. Maybe I just make my smoothies too thick.
sherrymyra is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2013, 12:39 AM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: watcher513
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrymyra View Post
I have that little Ninja. Works awesome for smoothies. I have a Vitamix also, which I love, love, love, but this little Ninja works better for smoothies I think because you can take the blade out and it is kind of chore to scrape the smoothie out from around the Vitamix blades. Maybe I just make my smoothies too thick.
Hmm, I don't have a Vitamix (maybe some day) but aren't you just supposed to put water and maybe a little dish detergent in it and turn it on, then rinse, to clean it? Or so they say in the demonstrations.
watcher513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:13 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gharkness
WOE: RNY Gastric Bypass 02-02-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by watcher513 View Post
Hmm, I don't have a Vitamix (maybe some day) but aren't you just supposed to put water and maybe a little dish detergent in it and turn it on, then rinse, to clean it? Or so they say in the demonstrations.
Yes, this is true, but when you have JUST created your smoothie and are ready to pour it and drink it, it can be a little hard to get it all out from around the blades if it is thick, as she mentioned (and who would want to waste any?). After many years of experience, and a long-handled, small-ish scraper, I have gotten pretty good at it, but it can be a challenge.
gharkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:12 AM   #34
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/118.4/118 5'3.75"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by watcher513 View Post
That is how you clean it, yes. Very easy to clean. But she is talking about getting all the DRINK out of the blender jar. That can be a pain since the blades are built into the jar and you are unable to take them out. The Ninja blades DO come out, so it is much simpler with that one to get the last drop out of the jar.
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:50 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gharkness
WOE: RNY Gastric Bypass 02-02-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
That is how you clean it, yes. Very easy to clean. But she is talking about getting all the DRINK out of the blender jar. That can be a pain since the blades are built into the jar and you are unable to take them out. The Ninja blades DO come out, so it is much simpler with that one to get the last drop out of the jar.
You can actually take them out with a special tool, because there has to be a way to replace the blades if there's a problem with either the blades or the container, but it's not recommended. I only took mine apart once when I replaced the blades, and they provided the tool when I bought the blades.
gharkness is offline   Reply With Quote