Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2012, 03:38 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KCSoccer
Stats: maintenance
Start Date: August 2010
Moroccan Lamb Kebabs

We had friends over for dinner Sunday evening, and I made Moroccan Lamb Kebabs from The Barbecue Bible by Steven Raichlen. I served the kebabs with baba ghanoush (eggplant dip), green olives, Syrian farmers' cheese (like a mixture between feta and fresh mozzarella), harissa pepper sauce, and whole wheat pitas (for the guests), all purchased from the Middle Eastern market. I also made a simple tomato and cucumber salad as a side. It was delicious!

MOROCCAN LAMB KEBABS

1 medium onion, grated
3 Tbsp. chopped fresh Italian parsley
3 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
˝ tsp. ground cumin
˝ tsp. paprika
˝ tsp. ground white or black pepper
˝ tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. olive oil
2 lbs. boneless leg or shoulder of lamb, cut into 1-inch cubes

(I didn’t grate the onion, or chopped the herbs). Place the onion, herbs, spices and olive oil in the food processor and blend to a paste-like consistency. Place the onion mixture and lamb cubes in a ziplock bag and marinate in the refrigerator for at lest 30 minutes, or up to 8 hours (longer is better.) Preheat grill to high. Oil the grill grates. Remove lamb from marinade and thread onto skewers (I added some additional onion and red bell pepper slices to the skewers for color). Grill 6-8 minutes for medium-rare, or 8-12 minutes for well done, turning skewers with tongs so all sides are nicely browned.

Serves 4-6.
KCSoccer is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2012, 07:32 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sligh
Stats: 190/118/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 31, 2003
That sounds really great. I might try it as a marinade for grilled lamb chops over the weekend.
sligh is offline   Reply With Quote