Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   How do you like your eggs? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/776520-how-do-you-like-your-eggs.html)

dexmis 06-28-2012 03:45 PM

How do you like your eggs?

Eggs can be done so many ways ... thought this might be a great way for people to share how they love theirs!

Here's some ways I've done eggs:

1) Lowcarb Custard (1 egg, Splenda to taste, vanilla, half & half, nutmeg), just beat everything together & sprinkle nutmeg on top. Put it in the microwave for about 2-3 min on 50% power. My favorite breakfast dish with some kind of fruit on the side.

2) My favorite omelet ... eggs, cheese, a little half & half, and crumbled bacon.

3) Egg crepe (beat an egg and pour in oiled pan), roll around until bottom of pan is coated. Flip when lightly browned, then cook until light brown on other side. Great to use as a roll up with fruit & cream cheese filling, or fill with scrambled eggs & cheese & bacon or ham or sausage.

4) And you can't go wrong with simply fried or scrambled eggs and bacon! :jumpjoy:

ChristineCQ 06-28-2012 03:49 PM

1. With cream cheese and leftover salmon patties (crumbled)
2. With wing sauce and bleu cheese
3. With mozzarella and pepperoni
4. With broccoli, butter, and garlic
5. With tomato sauce and parm
6. With almost any leftovers

<--I love eggs. :laugh:

graciejean 06-28-2012 04:07 PM

Cheese cake
deviled eggs
Did I say cheese cake

sligh 06-28-2012 05:40 PM

A couple people posted something like this a while back and I love it. Here's my version of:

Cinnamon Omelette

2 eggs
1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
3 teaspoons sweetener
1 teaspoon cinnamon
splash of vanilla
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon cream cheese

Combine all ingredients except butter and cream cheese. Melt butter in a large skillet. Whisk egg mixture and pour into pan. Cover and cook on medium high until the omelette is set. Fold over and add in sliced cream cheese.

buttoni 06-28-2012 06:54 PM

Eggs with Tarragon Cream

Eggs with Tarragon Cream :yummy::yummy::yummy: These are totally decadent.
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...onbutt/259.jpg
Iím not terribly fond of eggs just scrambled or fried. I have to ďdoctor them upĒ quite a bit to not get totally turned off on eating them day in and day out for breakfast. This is one way Iíve succeeded in making eggs not taste so much like eggs, to be quite honest! Itís sinfully rich and Induction friendly! You can play around a bit with this recipe, too, adding other things to the sauce. Tarragon is a sweet, delicate spice and if you put too much in the sauce, youíll lose that wonderful taste. With tarragon, more is NOT better! I occasionally add sliced mushrooms or a bit of finely minced onion or cooked crumbled sausage. If serving to guests, (or you want to boost the carb count) this is very pretty and tasty served over a bed of steamed spinach. Served with spinach, this makes a very nice brunch/lunch entree. If in OWL, 1-2 T. sherry or white wine is good in this sauce.

INGREDIENTS:

1 Roma tomato, seeded and chopped
1 tsp. olive oil
6 T. heavy cream
1/8 tsp. crushed tarragon
Pinch onion powder
1 T. butter
4 large eggs, beaten

DIRECTIONS: In small non-stick skillet, saute chopped tomato in olive oil. When tender but not reduced to mush, lower heat and add cream, tarragon and onion powder. Simmer few minutes to thicken. In separate non-stick pan, melt butter and add beaten eggs and cook scrambled just until done. Serve eggs with 1/2 of the cream sauce over them.

NUTRITIONAL INFO: Makes 2 servings, each containing:

354 Calories
32.3 g fat
3.3 g carbs
.4 g fiber
2.9 g NET CARBS
13.85 g protein
236 mg sodium

Barbo 06-28-2012 08:12 PM

Honey Buns and Sligh

Yes you did say cheesecake. Did any of you see Cleo's new
cheese cake in today's email?
Sligh that recipe for cinnamon eggs sound delish.
Peggy, your dish almost sounds as good as eggs Benedict.:)

How do I like my eggs? Just fresh out from under the hen if
at all possible. Lucky Chicken Lady. BTW I miss her too.

muncheechee 06-28-2012 09:44 PM

Deviled is my favorite.... usually just mash the yolks with mayo, mustard, sf sweet relish, paprika, and salt.

Brendajm 06-29-2012 04:01 AM

Buttoni, that sounds great. I wonder if I could use almond milk or the mimicreme? I need dairy free.

sligh 06-29-2012 07:02 AM

Buttoni - I'm having those eggs with tarragon cream this morning!

ravenrose 06-29-2012 10:43 AM

I have been having trouble with scrambled eggs, my mainstay, upsetting my stomach recently.

I remembered crustless quiche and have been much happier with this. I made it in the microwave: eggs, a bit of cream, grated cheddar, and cooked chopped broccoli. Almost any vegetable and cheese work in this, to your taste. I just reheat in the microwave as needed.

Harpmaker 06-29-2012 03:52 PM

One of my favorite breakfast dishes is a Pepperoni Parmesan omelet. I cover the bottom of a 12 inch frying pan with pepperoni slices (about 18) and heat until the fat has melted and they are slightly crisp. I then pour 3 beaten eggs into the pan being careful not to disturb the pepperoni too much (this is an art in itself). I then cover the pan to keep the steam in and cook until the omelet is firm and the bottom is golden brown. I slide the completed omelet onto a dinner plate and coat the upper side (what will be the inside of the folded omelet) with butter then add grated Parmesan cheese to taste (I like a lot). I then fold over the omelet, butter the top side and sprinkle on more Parmesan cheese. Heaven! :yummy:

watcher513 06-30-2012 01:07 AM

Lately we almost addicted to the Spinach and Mushroom Quiche on Linda Sue's site. Sometimes I add in some diced ham also. DH even says.....Who said men don't eat quiche! He loves that recipe and it's So filling and so LC.

Nigel 06-30-2012 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravenrose (Post 15763442)
I have been having trouble with scrambled eggs, my mainstay, upsetting my stomach recently.

I remembered crustless quiche and have been much happier with this. I made it in the microwave: eggs, a bit of cream, grated cheddar, and cooked chopped broccoli. Almost any vegetable and cheese work in this, to your taste. I just reheat in the microwave as needed.

I use egg beaters...they might not upset your stomach and they have just the whites too in the egg beater variety. There are also better 'n eggs, etc.

My fave eggs are scrambled with a slice of jalapeno cheese on top (melted) or some picante sauce.
The second would be an omlette with onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, and shredded cheese with a side of sliced tomates. YUM!!

PghPALady1974 06-30-2012 06:25 AM

Scrambled with black bean and corn salsa with shredded cheddar cheese!

tea cup 06-30-2012 08:12 AM

Oh My!! Buttoni!! That tarragon sauce looks so good and easy to make. I will put that sauce over chicken. Forget the eggs. Thank you for posting the recipe.

buttoni 06-30-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brendajm (Post 15762368)
Buttoni, that sounds great. I wonder if I could use almond milk or the mimicreme? I need dairy free.

Well Brenda, you've got to do what you've got to do re: dairy. But I don't think anything but cream or half and half would be good in this. But hey, try it and let us know, as I'm often wrong about such things. ;)

buttoni 06-30-2012 12:11 PM

Sligh, let me know how you like them. A friend on my other LC forums, once a reatauranteur with two restaurants, just LOVES this dish! So simple but soooooo sinfully good! :)

I have put this sauce on baked fish and chicken both and loved it on both. I suspect it would be great over steamed fresh asparagus spears. :)

NorthernNisse 06-30-2012 02:57 PM

I've posted this twice before, but what can I say...this is how I like my eggs. :p

This recipe is so simple and you would NEVER imagine what a great pancake it makes. I passed on the recipe many times, thinking it wasn't complicated enought to be good. TRY IT! Fry it low and slow...it browns very quickly. You want it golden brown. Throw in a couple of sausages and it makes a filling meal.

Jenny's Better Than Boxed Low Carb Pancakes - slightly tweaked over time

2 tablespoons (one scoop) Trader Joe's Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch salt
1 egg
A splash of good vanilla
A dab of butter in the skillet

A drizzle of SF Log Cabin Syrup or
SF Smuckers Strawberry Ice Cream Topping and whipped cream or
Butter, cinnamon and Truvia...so good!

Whisk all of the ingredients in a small bowl until smooth. Melt a small amount of butter on medium heat. Pour in the batter and gently spread the batter evenly over the bottom of the skillet. When bubbles appear all over the pancake and the batter on top looks like it's starting to set up carefully work a spatula around the edges and then under the pancake to flip it over. Cook until the second side is lightly browned. Don't let it get too dark or it will taste a little bitter. Serve with butter and low carb syrup if desired

Makes 1 large pancake

ladeeda 06-30-2012 04:14 PM

I second the Pancake idea. Also, I love Egg Creams and the Warm Pudding (cold and with a 3rd egg) and LindaSue's Flan.

NorthernNisse 06-30-2012 05:10 PM

I'll have to try making the custard in the microwave. I LOVE custard, but don't make it often because I takes so long to bake. If I could perfect 1 serving in the microwave....this could make me very happy.

netters272 06-30-2012 05:17 PM

Bought fresh tarragon

And tomatoes..

Im sooooo making tha sauce

J

buttoni 06-30-2012 05:33 PM

I tend to use dried tarragon, Netters. In fact, I'm not sure I've EVER used fresh tarragon, as I've never grown it or seen it in the stores. So if you're using fresh, I'd use about 1/3 tsp? Should be about right for fresh. Let me know how you like these!

netters272 06-30-2012 06:19 PM

Buttoni

I will let you know.. Maybe i could "dry" some of my fresh?

Making tomorrow for my week of 8 hr window eating and will let you know how the fresh worked

Jnet

sya_unit 07-01-2012 09:00 AM

egg salad with a dab of mayo, mustard, pickle relish no sugar, salt pepper, with celery to dip is my current favorite...or if I short on carbs with a spoon.

Scrambled with hwc and cheese on top. Mmm just finished that.

I am going to try the pancakes and crepes, thanks guys! That is for next weekend. I work the next three days (yes I work on the 4th but I get 5th and 6th off)

Aptos Gal 07-01-2012 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dexmis (Post 15761446)
Eggs can be done so many ways ... thought this might be a great way for people to share how they love theirs!

Here's some ways I've done eggs:

1) Lowcarb Custard (1 egg, Splenda to taste, vanilla, half & half, nutmeg), just beat everything together & sprinkle nutmeg on top. Put it in the microwave for about 2-3 min on 50% power. My favorite breakfast dish with some kind of fruit on the side.

:jumpjoy:

Dexmis; that Lowcarb Custard sounds so good! I know what I'm having for breakfaast!

NorthernNisse 07-01-2012 09:11 AM

I'm really excited about the microwave custard too. I think I'll get fresh nutmeg!

NorthernNisse 07-01-2012 09:16 AM

I also really like Egg Drop Soup.

Bring 1+ cup chicken broth to a slow boil. Scramble one egg in a small dish. Add a little pepper. No need for salt. Slowly pour the scrambled egg into the simmering broth. Gently stir until cooked. Sprinkle thinly sliced scallions on top.

nawthwoodshuntress 07-01-2012 09:21 AM

I like to make a mexican omelet:
2 eggs
about 1 tbsp heavy cream
salt and pepper to taste
Whip together with whisk or fork.

Put this in your buttered skillet and cook til omelet is set. Then, smear 1 tbsp refried beans one one half of your omelet and then a sprinkle of cheddar cheese on top of the beans. Cook til cheese is melted. Carefully remove to a plate and top the cheese/bean with sour cream and salsa. Fold over and enjoy!

sligh 07-01-2012 10:05 AM

buttoni - I made the eggs with taragon cream sauce and they were wonderful. Now I want to try the sauce on fish - glad you mentioned that it's good that way.

Katy 07-01-2012 10:41 AM

Sligh: I just made cinnamon omelets for my family for breakfast and they love them. My two year old who is very picky kept saying "mmm" while eating. Thank you for sharing.