Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2012, 05:05 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ncage1974
Ranch Dressing on Low Carb Diet?

Its been awhile since i been on low carb. I believe ranch dressing is ok right? I understand you shouldn't get the light version and stick with the full fat. I don't have a lot of the low carb specialties products in my area so i can't get a low carb ranch variety.

I made my own version tonight with 1/2 2% milk & 1/2 buttermilk. I added about 1/2 more cup of liquid then they call for because i like my ranch dressing thin. Hopefully it has less sugar than the store bought stuff but it still has some (sugar in the majo). Maybe next time i'll be more ambitious and make homemade mayo without sugar :P.

There are so many verions of low carb these days its hard to tell from Rosedale to Paleo to Adkins.
Ncage1974 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2012, 06:52 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tilly
Stats: 158/136/130
WOE: started with Atkins, now just low carbs
Start Date: January 30,2011
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...s-newbies.html

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...l#post15344304

Go to Linda Sue's site, she has a Ranch style dressing as well.

Hope these help.

Last edited by Tilly; 05-29-2012 at 06:55 PM..
Tilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:02 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: rosethorns
Stats: 252/140/150
WOE: atkins I eat non allergic food
Start Date: restarted 1-07
yep what Tilly says. I don't eat it but my DH loves ranch dressing and I make all the time.

Here is a page from Linda sue's website with all kinds of great stuff. The ones with
this * beside them are induction friendly. Check it out , all of her dressing recipes are on this page.
Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes - Misc. Recipes

Last edited by rosethorns; 05-30-2012 at 06:03 AM..
rosethorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:12 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: rosethorns
Stats: 252/140/150
WOE: atkins I eat non allergic food
Start Date: restarted 1-07
hello Tom

Suggestion of what? If you're new check out that top thread on Tilly's response.
It's a great thread to read.

Last edited by rosethorns; 05-30-2012 at 06:14 AM..
rosethorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:16 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tilly
Stats: 158/136/130
WOE: started with Atkins, now just low carbs
Start Date: January 30,2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncage1974 View Post
Its been awhile since i been on low carb. I believe ranch dressing is ok right? I understand you shouldn't get the light version and stick with the full fat. I don't have a lot of the low carb specialties products in my area so i can't get a low carb ranch variety.

I made my own version tonight with 1/2 2% milk & 1/2 buttermilk. I added about 1/2 more cup of liquid then they call for because i like my ranch dressing thin. Hopefully it has less sugar than the store bought stuff but it still has some (sugar in the majo). Maybe next time i'll be more ambitious and make homemade mayo without sugar :P.

There are so many verions of low carb these days its hard to tell from Rosedale to Paleo to Adkins.
And reading this over a couple of times, it looks like you used regular milk in your ranch dressing. I now stay away from that and use unsweetened almond milk, check the carb count on that milk you use. Lots of other possibilities, just read over the recipes. As to lots of versions of low carbing, find one you like, and stick to it. Good luck and let us know how it is going!

Oh, and yes, check out that thread on newbie recipes. Good stuff in there for ALL of us! And people on here are so helpful and friendly. So ask questions if/when you get stuck, confused, need encouragement.
Tilly is offline   Reply With Quote