Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Cream Cheese Clouds - My variation - wowzers. (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/772269-cream-cheese-clouds-my-variation-wowzers.html)

Coots 05-21-2012 06:03 PM

Cream Cheese Clouds - My variation - wowzers.

I just wanted to take the time to whoever posted it originally and I found these. They really have changed my WOE life. Below I will quote the original recipe and then some variations I've tried. Amazing little things.

The variations I've tried are Lemon & Banana. Woo HOO!

Quote:

CREAM CHEESE CLOUDS
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda *
1/2 teaspoon vanilla or other flavoring

Beat everything with an electric mixer until fluffy. Drop by bite-size spoonfuls onto a wax paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze until firm, at least 1 hour. Store in the freezer and eat frozen.

Makes 24 clouds

NOTE: You can store these in the refrigerator and they will hold their shape quite well as long as they are good and cold.

This is a recipe that's been going around the low carb community for years and I finally got around to trying it. They're very good but addictive. Something about eating them frozen is very nice. They basically taste like little bites of frozen cheesecake but you could make all kinds of variations by using different flavorings and adding chopped nuts, coconut, low carb candies and things like that. I've got some ideas in my head for variations so stay tuned.

Coots 05-21-2012 06:09 PM

So discussing this further, what's some other extracts you think would work well?

I've thought about buying some (if I can find them low carb enough) strawberry, blackberry, rasberry etc.

Kathy623 05-21-2012 07:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Coots! Don't know if you remember me....I changed my avatar a couple times....
You could probably use Da Vinci syrups that you can order from Netrition.com. I have ordered them and they come very quickly and are packaged perfectly. I was thinking about this the other day-banana would be wonderful in them.

rosethorns 05-21-2012 08:14 PM

Also Coots..... use LorAnn oils to change the flavors . I sent 10 flavors to my sister root beer, watermelon, cherry etc. She makes the clouds all the time. And you can buy them at Micheals craft stores and where they make candy.
Netrition too.

Coots 05-22-2012 06:08 AM

As far as the DaVinci syrup goes, how much would you add to the recipe above? Same question for LorAnn oils.

How many carbs are in the LorAnn oils? I looked them up on Netrition but they don't show the carb counts.

I will also look into all the other oils.
I love these borads :)

PaminKY 05-22-2012 08:25 AM

The Lorann oils are so concentrated and you use so little that carbs aren't an issue. My favorite clouds are strawberry and my favorite flavoring for those is the McCormick Strawberry that I buy at Wal-Mart. I recently bought the Watkins brand of strawberry and I don't think it is as flavorful as the McCormick.

Kathy623 05-22-2012 07:14 PM

Coots!
If you like the clouds, you HAVE TO try this recipe posted by Jandjsmom...
Check this out!!

Originally Posted by jandjsmom

I have been making peanut butter cups with the coconut oil, trying different things too!

Melt 2/3 cup CO, mix with 1/2 cup peanut butter and 1-2 packets truvia. Stir until really blended and pour into muffin pan that has been lined with cupcake liners. Refrigerate and they will harden up. I then keep them stacked in a tupperware dish in the refrigerator. Very yummy!!

Just made these peanut butter cups and let me tell you.........magnificent!!!!
Thank you! I would have never thought of doing this!!!

cindy lolz 05-22-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathy623 (Post 15673905)
Melt 2/3 cup CO, mix with 1/2 cup peanut butter and 1-2 packets truvia. Stir until really blended and pour into muffin pan that has been lined with cupcake liners. Refrigerate and they will harden up. I then keep them stacked in a tupperware dish in the refrigerator. Very yummy!!

I randomly showed up to this cream cheese cloud thread and I saw your post. I was like, "Hmmmmmm." Then I made them, and here we are!

SO MELTY AND GOOD!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...9/IMG_2176.jpg

We just bought a bunch of Amber Lyn chocolate, so I melted some and put it on top of the rest of the batch just now. I guess I should go to bed instead of waiting for them to cool! Plus, eating two of these probably isn't a good idea.

Karerose 05-30-2012 02:11 PM

I use sugar free koolaid to flavor mine. Most often lemonade flavor which I really enjoy in the summer. The cold lemonade flavored cloud hits the right spot in the summer.

I don't measure - I just pour out a little. Sometimes more, sometimes less depending on how tart I want it.

jandjsmom 05-30-2012 03:09 PM

AW!!! I was just suprised to see my "recipe" show up with her own picture !!!! I am glad ya'll like the pb cups. They have been a great filling snack, or even breakfast sometimes!!

Watching this thread though for all the cloud variations and how you change the recipe if using davinci syrups.

Dixie Barkley 05-30-2012 03:35 PM

Marking my spot.

clackley 05-31-2012 08:02 PM

Subbing...:D

dmburk 06-01-2012 10:07 AM

minty drops

1 Attachment(s)
I used 1/4 tsp (m/l) of loran peppermint oil, and added 1/2 c. of egg white powder to the original recipe. I'd like more of a mouthfeel of homemade mint candy. It's pretty good.:yummy:

Annabel Lee 06-01-2012 10:31 AM

These sound so good!
I am going to give them a try.

jigglenomore 06-01-2012 12:01 PM

Gonna try these this weekend~ Thanks for all the ideas!

Lowcarbboy 06-01-2012 03:05 PM

Wow, those peanut butter cups look great! I'll have to give these a try!

ahogue81 06-03-2012 03:41 PM

Just made cream cheese clouds, in freezer right now, cant wait to try

vli1127 06-11-2012 03:37 PM

I added mint extract and cacao nibs, yummy. Reminds me of the cream cheese mints that are made for graduation or weddings receptions.

infernooo 06-11-2012 04:34 PM

Has anyone tried it without the butter?

dmburk 06-12-2012 11:07 AM

Yes. I used coconut oil in place of butter.:yummy:

vli1127 06-12-2012 05:44 PM

I used unsalted butter because I had it.

clackley 06-13-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathy623 (Post 15673905)
Coots!
Check this out!!

I have been making peanut butter cups with the coconut oil, trying different things too!

Thank you for sharing this! I made them and what a great way to incorporate C.O.!! :yummy:

ahogue81 06-13-2012 11:00 AM

[QUOTE=Kathy623;15673905]Coots!
Check this out!!

Does anyone know the carb count for these??

Cats for Texas 06-13-2012 11:42 AM

marking spot

LucilleMcgill 09-13-2012 08:00 AM

marking my spot! these look good!

shirlc 09-13-2012 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahogue81 (Post 15722577)

You can look for the recipe on Linda Sue's site to find the carb count.

PhillyDude 09-13-2012 09:27 AM

I just read another post where someone mentioned cream cheese clouds. Somehow I missed these in LC101 class. What an awesome idea - I'm making a batch of the these right now!

metqa 09-13-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

I have in my ****** that one plain cloud =1/2 oz in weight is 66calories and 0.25g carbs. But that could change depending on how much splenda you use or if you use liquid sweetener. Ohh, darn, I can't remember if this is for powder or liquid. Anyway it's really low, LOL!

My variations are thus:
Plain
Mint extract ( not my favorite)
Mint extra with chocolate shavings ( not my favorite)
Peanut butter with Cocoa bark coating ( magic shell)
Caramel Syrup with magic shell ( sometimes whole dipped sometimes half dipped like a white and black cookie.
Raspberry/strawberry/pomegranate with Lemon piped in the center (two tone, pink and yellow)

Thinking to try:
Lime- using True Lime powder packets
Marshmallow- I found some marshmallow flavored syrup
all those other fancy french vanilla combo syrups- from last after-Christmas sales

Taking a strong candy flavor like caramel or vanilla and dipping the cloud in the cocoa bark gives a nice bon-bon like treat, and the cocoa bark coating keeps them from getting an unpleasant dairy skin after sitting in the fridge or freezer. Otherwise plastic wrap works just fine for skin prevention.

LizBeth 09-26-2012 01:44 PM

what great ideas. does anyone know the measurement of 2 packets of truvia? I have it in the loose form. Not packeted.

wannabehot 09-26-2012 02:13 PM

Clouds are my favorite! I make them small, like the size of a dime or nickle on a cookie sheet and freeze, then put them in a ziplock bag in the freezer, i can have a handful whenever I want! Yummy!