Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2013, 05:02 PM   #1441
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: rosethorns
Stats: 252/140/150
WOE: atkins I eat non allergic food
Start Date: restarted 1-07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvettebuff View Post
Bisquick has a recipe I saw but didn't copy it showed little cups made out of dough and then looked like they were filled with maybe hamburger pizza sauce and cheese and then baked. When my boys were small I did this alot with the cheap rolls in a can I lined the cupcake pans with them and we filled them with different things and baked them. I guess what I am getting to would the BTF mix work for these do you think? Just curious.
Thanks, Susan
Maybe I'm not sure.Try it and let us know Susan.
rosethorns is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2013, 05:49 PM   #1442
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lterry913
Stats: 5' 11" 238/174/170
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 12/1/2010
The pizza and cupcakes are awesome. The cake is too, but when I cut it today I found that it was a tad undercooked and the very middle was a little too moist, not gummy, but just too moist. I probably should have left it in the oven for another 10 minutes. I will definitely make it again. Unfortunately, I had company for lunch and that's when I cut the cake, but fortunately I saved the day by serving the cupcakes!! A girl's gotta do, what a girl's gotta do.

For lunch I made an Asian Meatloaf with a recipe I found on-line and changed up a bit for low carb. We had meatloaf sandwiches on Healthified (Psyllium Husk) Rolls and Asian Coleslaw from Vol. 1 LCAF, page 227 (Lisa Marshall's recipe). Very yummy lunch, guests were happy and so was I.[/QUOTE]

Which crust recipe did you use? can you post or direct me to a post thanks.

Being fat is Hard...Dieting is Hard... Pick your hard

Live, Laugh, Love and...LEARN from mistakes

65 pounds lost so far and not looking back
lterry913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:00 PM   #1443
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LoosinItNow
Stats: 305/287/180 goal
WOE: Lost 30 w/HCG to 230, Sick 1yr, back to 305!
Start Date: This time, Jan 28, 2013
subscribing
LoosinItNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:04 PM   #1444
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Question: How are you all getting around the coconut flavor with stuff like pizza crust? I love coconut but don't see how I am not going to end up with coconut pancakes, coconut waffles and coconut grilled cheese? Are some of you looking to replace the coconut flour with Lupin flour?
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:08 PM   #1445
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Brendajm
Stats: 130/122/117
WOE: was atkins, now maintenance
Start Date: march, 2004
I made the almond butter bread today and added a batch of the BTF mix to it. It is really good. I made bagels and muffin tops to slice in half for sandwiches. I took 1/2 cup of the flour mix and added water to get the right consistency and then added it to the almond butter bread batter and mixed together. I used half a recipe for the almond butter bread. The other half I made the chocolate donuts that someone made. I can't remember who right now. But the half I mixed with the BTF mixture was a nice texture and flavor
Brendajm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:29 PM   #1446
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvettebuff View Post
Bisquick has a recipe I saw but didn't copy it showed little cups made out of dough and then looked like they were filled with maybe hamburger pizza sauce and cheese and then baked. When my boys were small I did this alot with the cheap rolls in a can I lined the cupcake pans with them and we filled them with different things and baked them. I guess what I am getting to would the BTF mix work for these do you think? Just curious.
Thanks, Susan
Susan,

Like these? I didn't try this,but could be a starting point for you.

(not my photo)

You could use the BTF to make your own Bisquick recipe. Here is a faux Bisquick recipe you could base it on. You will probably need to add some liquid due to the coconut flour.
Faux Bisquick

4 c flour- sub BTF
12 Tbs non-fat dry milk- powdered
1/8 c baking powder
1/2 T salt
1 c shortening (not margarine or butter)
Directions:

Combine flour, milk, baking power and salt in a very large bowl. Cut in shortening until it resembles course corn meal.

Store in a tightly closed container in a cool place.

For the BBQ cups-
1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef

1/4 cup finely chopped onion

1 cup sugar-free barbecue sauce

2 1/4 cups Original Bisquick® mix- sub BTF Bisquick

1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)

2/3 cup almond milk or sufficient to make a workable consistency

Heat oven to 450°F. Spray 12 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray.
In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in barbecue sauce; cook until mixture just begins to bubble.
In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, 1/2 cup of the cheese and the milk until soft dough forms. Spoon about 2 tablespoons dough into each muffin cup. Press dough in bottom and up sides of each cup. Spoon 2 tablespoons beef mixture into each cup.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until top edges of cups are golden brown. Sprinkle each with remaining cheese. Let stand 5 minutes; remove from pan.

Makes 12 cups

To measure Bisquick mix, spoon into dry-ingredient measuring cup, and level with a straight- edged knife or spatula. Do not pack or tap Bisquick mix into cup.

Last edited by sungoddess; 02-27-2013 at 07:07 PM..
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:33 PM   #1447
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosethorns View Post
Woman they look wonderful!!!!!!!Did you cook your crust first? Beautiful.
Esther, yes I did pre-cook the crust - about 10 minutes.
Tweaker Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:35 PM   #1448
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweaker Geek View Post
Esther, yes I did pre-cook the crust - about 10 minutes.
The crust looks so good! Which recipe did you use for that one? How did everyone love your feast?
Old 02-27-2013, 06:45 PM   #1449
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for the compliments Bev and Gina.

Gina - don't feel bad about the cake, I salvaged it later this afternoon. I scraped off as much of the ganache as I could, put the cake back on a sheet pan and back into the oven for 20 mins., I loosely wrapped pan and cake in foil. It still wasn't cooked through and I didn't think I could get it by extending the time. So, I sliced it into serving size pieces and layed them out on the baking sheet, back into oven for 10-15 mins., turned them over and baked another 10-15 mins.. I let them cool, then took the ganache, added another tbsp. of chocolate syrup, another tbsp. of cocoa and mixed till smooth then frosted each slice of cake. It will be ok for me, probably wouldn't serve to company now, but I'll eat it , I just hate to throw things out so I'll do whatever I can to salvage them! I will make another bundt cake sometime and see if I can get it right the first time!

Oh, and Bev - chocolate chip cookies? - I'll be watching for pics, I haven't tried cookies with this mix yet but I love chocolate chip cookies!

I keep telling myself that nothing tastes as good as getting to my goal will feel! -- Unfortunately, I don't always listen to myself!!

Last edited by Tweaker Geek; 02-27-2013 at 06:49 PM..
Old 02-27-2013, 06:49 PM   #1450
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendajm View Post
I made the almond butter bread today and added a batch of the BTF mix to it. It is really good. I made bagels and muffin tops to slice in half for sandwiches. I took 1/2 cup of the flour mix and added water to get the right consistency and then added it to the almond butter bread batter and mixed together. I used half a recipe for the almond butter bread. The other half I made the chocolate donuts that someone made. I can't remember who right now. But the half I mixed with the BTF mixture was a nice texture and flavor
Wow now that sounds good Brenda. I made the chocolate donut recipe.
Way good.

Tweaker you made the first recipe with the yeast. It looks so good.
Try the second one she did with the psyllium husk powder. So good.

Beverly those look so good.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:55 PM   #1451
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lterry913 View Post
The pizza and cupcakes are awesome. The cake is too, but when I cut it today I found that it was a tad undercooked and the very middle was a little too moist, not gummy, but just too moist. I probably should have left it in the oven for another 10 minutes. I will definitely make it again. Unfortunately, I had company for lunch and that's when I cut the cake, but fortunately I saved the day by serving the cupcakes!! A girl's gotta do, what a girl's gotta do.

For lunch I made an Asian Meatloaf with a recipe I found on-line and changed up a bit for low carb. We had meatloaf sandwiches on Healthified (Psyllium Husk) Rolls and Asian Coleslaw from Vol. 1 LCAF, page 227 (Lisa Marshall's recipe). Very yummy lunch, guests were happy and so was I.
Which crust recipe did you use? can you post or direct me to a post thanks.[/QUOTE]

I used Gina's crust recipe, this one: Pizza (Gina)
1/2 package or 1 1/8 tsp of bread machine yeast
1/2 tsp sugar
3/4 cup warm water
1 1/4 cup flour mix
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt

Directions:
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes. Stir in flour, salt and oil. Beat until smooth. Let rest for 5 minutes. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat or roll into a round. Transfer crust to a lightly greased pizza pan or baker's peel dusted with cornmeal. Spread with desired toppings and bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Let baked pizza cool for 5 minutes before serving. (Makes a 12 - 14 inch pizza - 8 slices)

lterry - I added an additional 1/4 cup of the flour mix and I baked crust for 10 mins. at 425 before adding toppings, added toppings and baked add'l 15 mins.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:02 PM   #1452
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess View Post
The crust looks so good! Which recipe did you use for that one? How did everyone love your feast?
Bev - I posted the one I used above for lterry, it's Gina's first one with the yeast.

Esther - I may try the psyllium husk one, I served those buns today for sandwiches and they loved them. No one went away hungry that's for sure, they really liked the meal!
Old 02-27-2013, 07:06 PM   #1453
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
Question: How are you all getting around the coconut flavor with stuff like pizza crust? I love coconut but don't see how I am not going to end up with coconut pancakes, coconut waffles and coconut grilled cheese? Are some of you looking to replace the coconut flour with Lupin flour?
Cindy - I get around this by making two separate containers of flour mix. One I used coconut flour and vanilla protein powder (for sweet things) and one with almond flour and unflavored protein powder for savory (pancakes, waffles, breads). I think after the coconut flour mix is gone I may just stick with the almond flour and unflavored protein powder, I do get the distinct coconut taste no matter what I make with that one, (I use Bob's Red Mill Coconut Flour), and though I like coconut I don't want that taste in all my sweet baked goods either.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:14 PM   #1454
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TBipp
Stats: 142/112/120, 5 ft 2 in
WOE: Combined low carb
Start Date: 05/23/2011
Quote:
Cindy - I get around this by making two separate containers of flour mix. One I used coconut flour and vanilla protein powder (for sweet things) and one with almond flour and unflavored protein powder for savory (pancakes, waffles, breads). I think after the coconut flour mix is gone I may just stick with the almond flour and unflavored protein powder, I do get the distinct coconut taste no matter what I make with that one, (I use Bob's Red Mill Coconut Flour), and though I like coconut I don't want that taste in all my sweet baked goods either.
I just made my first large batch (x 12) and used 1/2 coconut flour and 1/2 almond flour with unflavored protein powder. There is absolutely no coconut flavor at all, and I have made muffins and biscuits.

I used Bob's Red Mill Coconut Flour.
TBipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:30 PM   #1455
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBipp View Post
I just made my first large batch (x 12) and used 1/2 coconut flour and 1/2 almond flour with unflavored protein powder. There is absolutely no coconut flavor at all, and I have made muffins and biscuits.

I used Bob's Red Mill Coconut Flour.
Good idea, I never thought to use both together, but 1/2 of each sounds reasonable, thanks.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:35 PM   #1456
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The Hunt for a Non-Cakey Chocolate Chip Cookie

I love to read about people's experiments whether they are a "success" or not. I always learn something.

I wanted to make chocolate chip cookies for a little boy I treat. He can't eat wheat, sugar, or nuts. I was going to use Esther's recipe but it had almond flour. So I tried another recipe developed for resistant starch.

I also wanted to use a recipe for the BTF that was exactly what the mix was without removing the whey protein or egg white, etc.

I used Baker's Ammonia. This is a classic leavener used "back in the day". My Granny used it to make extra crisp cookies like her crisp ginger snaps with this stuff. It makes extra crisp cookies so I thought I would try it with this mix. Baker’s ammonia (ammonium carbonate) is also called hartshorn.

Here is a comparison of the cookie with resistant starch and the cookie without. The one on the top that is more spread out and crispier is with the resistant starch. The lighter one on the bottom is more cake-like and doesn't have the starch.

This is a photo of the batter.

This is a view of the cookie from the side:

Recipe:
Makes approx 20 cookies

Heat oven to 325 degrees

Ingredients:

1 cup BTF
1 cup Hi-maize 260 resistant starch
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp Baker's ammonia (can use 1/2 tsp baking soda, but it will not have the same texture)

1 1/2 sticks salted butter, softened
1 1/3 cup erythritol mixed with two tsp blackstrap molasses (equal to one cup sugar) -- next time I would use Splenda
4 drops EZ-Sweetz (equal to 8 tsp sugar)
2 whole large eggs, room temp
1 1/2 tsp LorAnn Bakery Emulsions, Princess Cake & Cookie Emulsion (can use vanilla)
3 Tbs water or sufficient to make a rather stiff cookie dough

1 large bar 85% dark chocolate chopped into chips

Mix together in a small bowl, the BTF, resistant starch, salt, and BA.
In another bowl, cream the softened butter and sugar substitute. Mix in the eggs. Add the emulsion. Mix together the wet and dry ingredients. Add water by the tablespoon until it is a rather stiff cookie dough.
Mix in the chocolate bits until uniformly distributed.

Drop dough with a small ice cream scoop onto a cookie sheet with a silpat. The silpat will keep the bottom from over-browning. Gently press down on the cookie dough balls to flatten them to help the spreading. Bake approximately 15 minutes. Leave on cookie sheet for a few minutes, then remove to a wire rack. Let completely cool.

I really liked the texture when these had completely cooled. They were crispier and light in texture. What I did not like was the cooling effect of the erythritol. I would not use that again. I can't handle xylitol or DiabetiSweet, so I will try this again with Splenda or I might try Just Like Sugar. I thought they were good and I liked the texture, and I will make them again without the erythritol.

The final product:

Old 02-27-2013, 08:52 PM   #1457
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yum! It's too late to try them now and I have all that cake to eat, but I will be trying these at some point. I probably won't use the Baker's Ammonia, I'll have to settle for baking soda. They really look good - great pics!
Old 02-27-2013, 08:58 PM   #1458
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
Delectable bev!
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:00 PM   #1459
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Yum! It's too late to try them now and I have all that cake to eat, but I will be trying these at some point. I probably won't use the Baker's Ammonia, I'll have to settle for baking soda. They really look good - great pics!
So many goodies, so little time to eat. Let me know what the texture is with regular old baking soda if you make them and what sugar sub you use. Many times erythritol doesn't bother me, but I sure didn't like it in this recipe.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:37 AM   #1460
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
So many goodies, so little time to eat. Let me know what the texture is with regular old baking soda if you make them and what sugar sub you use. Many times erythritol doesn't bother me, but I sure didn't like it in this recipe.
Beverly your cookies are beautiful!!!!!

I love the cripiness in the cookies.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:54 AM   #1461
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
I made a tasty apple dessert last night (but sorry, didn't take a pic). I took 1 c. cooked spaghetti squash, 1/2 c. grated apple, 1 rounded Tbsp. unsweetened currants, about 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, 1 T. Steviva and 3 T. melted butter and stirred that all up in a 1½ qt. glass dish. then I mixed 1/2 c. BTF with 3/4 c. water and 1 T. Steviva (since I don't put the erythritol in my mix when I make it up). After stirring well, I spread the batter over the "fruit" mixture and baked it for about 30 minutes in a 350º oven. The top didn't brown much (not sure why), but it got done to the touch. Then I dipped it up, flipping it upside down on the dish so the "fruit" was on top. It was quite good. Came out to around 7.85 net carbs per serving. I had another serving warmed up for breakie today with my tea. Mmmm.

EDIT: Here's a pic. I melted a bit more butter/cinnamon/stevia and dribbled over the warmed up piece today. That's what you see on the very top. Shown is 1/4 of the entire recipe.

Last edited by buttoni; 02-28-2013 at 07:06 AM..
buttoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:05 AM   #1462
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
So the rest of the recipe stays the same? I use the original right now. I like the coconut in the "muffin" original recipe and I play up the coconut but will try the almond today. This is the one downfall in the development of this recipe and subsequently, in it's marketing, is it is very coconut-y. I'm wondering if that isn't going to limit the market.
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:07 AM   #1463
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: PaminKY
Last night I tried out the recipe I've been wanting to try and it didn't work out too good. It's a cake roll recipe.

The cake part wasn't too bad but it did crack but I think I can fix that but I did notice the texture would work for other things. The big failure was the filling part which was way too thin but I've got things to try to fix that. I'll keep trying.

The batter for the cake was thin enough to pour but since it was spread pretty thin on a jelly roll pan it was done thru out. Maybe that's why the other person's mix would work good for donut holes but not for a cake.
PaminKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:25 AM   #1464
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaminKY View Post
Last night I tried out the recipe I've been wanting to try and it didn't work out too good. It's a cake roll recipe.

The cake part wasn't too bad but it did crack but I think I can fix that but I did notice the texture would work for other things. The big failure was the filling part which was way too thin but I've got things to try to fix that. I'll keep trying.

The batter for the cake was thin enough to pour but since it was spread pretty thin on a jelly roll pan it was done thru out. Maybe that's why the other person's mix would work good for donut holes but not for a cake.
Keep trying Pam.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:55 AM   #1465
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TBipp
Stats: 142/112/120, 5 ft 2 in
WOE: Combined low carb
Start Date: 05/23/2011
Quote:

I just read a great article on jelly rolls/roulades in the current issue of Fine Cooking magazine. It was quite helpful for me to understand how the layer cake texture is different than a roulade texture (sturdy and pliable) and achieved mostly with lots of eggs, separated with whites beaten separately. If you can find an issue, it may be helpful. Their online version does not have all the tips.
TBipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:15 AM   #1466
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBipp View Post
I just read a great article on jelly rolls/roulades in the current issue of Fine Cooking magazine. It was quite helpful for me to understand how the layer cake texture is different than a roulade texture (sturdy and pliable) and achieved mostly with lots of eggs, separated with whites beaten separately. If you can find an issue, it may be helpful. Their online version does not have all the tips.
The roll was pretty good but needs a bit of tweaking. Thanks, I'll look for that magazine.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:26 AM   #1467
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
Delectable bev!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosethorns View Post
Beverly your cookies are beautiful!!!!!

I love the cripiness in the cookies.
Thanks for the support ladies. I appreciate it. Experimenting is fun, but posting photos and directions is work!! I have great respect for the food bloggers who do this on a regular basis! Very time consuming. Glad there are supportive people around to keep you trying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttoni View Post
I made a tasty apple dessert last night (but sorry, didn't take a pic). I took 1 c. cooked spaghetti squash, 1/2 c. grated apple, 1 rounded Tbsp. unsweetened currants, about 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, 1 T. Steviva and 3 T. melted butter and stirred that all up in a 1½ qt. glass dish. then I mixed 1/2 c. BTF with 3/4 c. water and 1 T. Steviva (since I don't put the erythritol in my mix when I make it up). After stirring well, I spread the batter over the "fruit" mixture and baked it for about 30 minutes in a 350º oven. The top didn't brown much (not sure why), but it got done to the touch. Then I dipped it up, flipping it upside down on the dish so the "fruit" was on top. It was quite good. Came out to around 7.85 net carbs per serving. I had another serving warmed up for breakie today with my tea. Mmmm.

EDIT: Here's a pic. I melted a bit more butter/cinnamon/stevia and dribbled over the warmed up piece today. That's what you see on the very top. .
Now THAT is creative. I am going to try this. It sounds warm and yummy. As always, a great photo!

Quote:

I do hope you keep trying it. That would be awesome for entertaining. I think you might be on to something with your theory as well.

Last edited by sungoddess; 02-28-2013 at 08:34 AM..
Old 02-28-2013, 08:33 AM   #1468
Blabbermouth!!!

I have major respect for bloggers who do this everyday. WOW!!!!!

Peggy that looks delicious . Who would have thunk it, apples and speghetti squash.
Yum
Old 02-28-2013, 08:38 AM   #1469
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I do hope you keep trying it. That would be awesome for entertaining. I think you might be on to something with your theory as well.
I'm thnking it would work better as a layer cake using two 8 or 9 inch pans than a bundt type cake.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:41 AM   #1470
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lterry913
Stats: 5' 11" 238/174/170
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 12/1/2010
Quote:
Which crust recipe did you use? can you post or direct me to a post thanks.
I used Gina's crust recipe, this one: Pizza (Gina)
1/2 package or 1 1/8 tsp of bread machine yeast
1/2 tsp sugar
3/4 cup warm water
1 1/4 cup flour mix
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt

Directions:
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes. Stir in flour, salt and oil. Beat until smooth. Let rest for 5 minutes. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat or roll into a round. Transfer crust to a lightly greased pizza pan or baker's peel dusted with cornmeal. Spread with desired toppings and bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Let baked pizza cool for 5 minutes before serving. (Makes a 12 - 14 inch pizza - 8 slices)

lterry - I added an additional 1/4 cup of the flour mix and I baked crust for 10 mins. at 425 before adding toppings, added toppings and baked add'l 15 mins.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for letting me know and adding your tweak.
lterry913 is offline   Reply With Quote