Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 11:18 AM   #1111
Blabbermouth!!!
 
rosethorns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Puyallup. WA
Posts: 5,626
Gallery: rosethorns
Stats: 252/140/150
WOE: atkins I eat non allergic food
Start Date: restarted 1-07
I make the donut holes alot. Love them

My DH is starting to feel sugar is not good. So I used my plastic thingy to squirt s/f bannana pudding in his donut holes. He likes them so much. He want me to use vanilla pudding and make Boston cream pie donuts. Dip in chocolate.

Last edited by rosethorns; 02-18-2013 at 11:20 AM..
rosethorns is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2013, 11:20 AM   #1112
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
ouizoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,402
Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginaaaaaa View Post
Wow Peggy that looks Fantastic, and does live up to the old name!! The new name is Better Than Flour.

Peggy! I am so making your seed topping asap!

I am pretty sure we are going with BTF, but it will always be Fantastic Flour in my heart
ouizoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:34 AM   #1113
Major LCF Poster!
 
Ginaaaaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,398
Gallery: Ginaaaaaa
WOE: High Carb Low Fat
Start Date: April 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
Peggy! I am so making your seed topping asap!

I am pretty sure we are going with BTF, but it will always be Fantastic Flour in my heart
Awww mine too!!

I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned or not but I just thought of something else you may want to change from the original mix.
I think most of use are using natural whey instead of vanilla so it can be used for sweet and savory recipes. So I think so far, the only changes would be the sweetener and whey.

I would prefer that a whey isolate be used, I believe that it has less or sometimes no lactose and is pure protein. That would make it good for people who are lactose intolerant.

Take out the sweetener, and use natural whey isolate and you have a winner, IMHO
Ginaaaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:20 PM   #1114
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sungoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,171
Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Peggy!!


Your photos alway entice me to make your wonderful recipes. I can't WAIT to make this one.Thank you!!
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:38 PM   #1115
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
PaminKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,352
Gallery: PaminKY
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
I am pretty sure we are going with BTF, but it will always be Fantastic Flour in my heart

It will me too. My container at home is labeled FFM and I preface any recipe I copy with them same initials.

Can't believe this may eventually be available on the market.
PaminKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:00 PM   #1116
Always on, slightly off
 
CindyCRNA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 6,018
Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Pegy, that is a beautiful roll but with the addition of 2T of butter and 1T cream, it isn't the caloric bargain of the original.
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:07 PM   #1117
Major LCF Poster!
 
Ginaaaaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,398
Gallery: Ginaaaaaa
WOE: High Carb Low Fat
Start Date: April 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
Pegy, that is a beautiful roll but with the addition of 2T of butter and 1T cream, it isn't the caloric bargain of the original.
You can try leaving the butter and cream out and use extra liquid of your choice. Of course it won't taste anywhere near as good as Peggy's recipe.
Ginaaaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:17 PM   #1118
Always on, slightly off
 
CindyCRNA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 6,018
Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginaaaaaa View Post
You can try leaving the butter and cream out and use extra liquid of your choice. Of course it won't taste anywhere near as good as Peggy's recipe.
Haha. I know, right??!
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:35 PM   #1119
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
buttoni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 4,168
Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
Peggy! I am so making your seed topping asap!

I am pretty sure we are going with BTF, but it will always be Fantastic Flour in my heart
Ah, sorry, I didn't read every post since that was suggested. I'll start referring to it by the new name then, Ouiz.

Ouiz, that seed mix is great on rolls or in/on your low-carb crackers, too. We just LOVE it! That little twang of onion is so good with the earthy/nutty taste of the other seeds.
buttoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:41 PM   #1120
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
buttoni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 4,168
Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess View Post
Peggy!!


Your photos alway entice me to make your wonderful recipes. I can't WAIT to make this one.Thank you!!
You're so sweet, Beverly. You warm a girl's heart and make taking the pics worthwhile. I sure hope you like the taste of the seed mix on the base roll. We sure did, drenched in more butter, of course.
buttoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:47 PM   #1121
Major LCF Poster!
 
Ginaaaaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,398
Gallery: Ginaaaaaa
WOE: High Carb Low Fat
Start Date: April 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by buttoni View Post
You're so sweet, Beverly. You warm a girl's heart and make taking the pics worthwhile. I sure hope you like the taste of the seed mix on the base roll. We sure did, drenched in more butter, of course.
I agree, your pics always make thinks look outrageously good!! There's quite a few people in here that post the best pics of food. I wish I had a better camera and technique but I just use my little iPod camera lol
Ginaaaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:47 PM   #1122
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
buttoni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 4,168
Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
Pegy, that is a beautiful roll but with the addition of 2T of butter and 1T cream, it isn't the caloric bargain of the original.
Well, no, it wouldn't be as low cal for sure.

I didn't even calculate the numbers on the dinner roll, since I wasn't putting any of my BTF creations on my website (just in this thread of experiments). I wouldn't want to post any of them on my website until Ouiz carries her dream to fruition and gives the go ahead so I can refer to the mix by its final, official, patented? name. That way I can give credit and link to her site whenever I create something I want to publish using the mix.

Thanks Gina. As I always say, it's the Canon camera. I'm a dufus at photograpahy.
__________________
Peggy
My recipe website: http://buttoni.wordpress.com/

Last edited by buttoni; 02-18-2013 at 04:00 PM..
buttoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:59 PM   #1123
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
buttoni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 4,168
Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
Just ran the numbers on the 8-seed Dinner Roll and the entire thing has: 340 cals, 31.6 g fat, 18.8 g carbs, 14.5 g fiber, 4.3 g Net Carbs and 7.5 g protein. But frankly, it was so filling, I had trouble eating a whole one and may adjust the recipe to produce a slightly smaller dinner roll, say 2/3 this size for me would be better.
buttoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:26 PM   #1124
Major LCF Poster!
 
Ginaaaaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,398
Gallery: Ginaaaaaa
WOE: High Carb Low Fat
Start Date: April 2009
Hang on to your hats kiddos lol I just made a pizza crust subbing the BTF for the coconut flour and protein powder in the healthified pizza crust recipe.

I will report back with the taste and all the info after we eat.

Here's a sneak peek. As you can see I like my pizza to be all toppings lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (70.7 KB, 57 views)
Ginaaaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:52 PM   #1125
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
ouizoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,402
Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
oh Gina! I can't wait for the reviews!!!!!
ouizoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:06 PM   #1126
Major LCF Poster!
 
Brendajm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: lancaster, Pa
Posts: 2,051
Gallery: Brendajm
Stats: 130/122/117
WOE: was atkins, now maintenance
Start Date: march, 2004
BFF??? Oh duh. Better then flour.
Brendajm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:06 PM   #1127
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
buttoni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 4,168
Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
OMG that pizza looks sooooo PURDY.

Last edited by buttoni; 02-18-2013 at 06:08 PM..
buttoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:18 PM   #1128
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Soobee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,424
Gallery: Soobee
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: September 2000
I made the BTF mix with whey protein. I loved it, but DH did not. We tried to figure out which ingredient was bothering him. It turned out to be the whey protein. My next BTF mix was made with pea protein. DH loved it. Pea protein is cheap and good for lactose intolerant folks. Maybe it would be a good choice for your final product, Ouizoid.
Soobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:23 PM   #1129
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
buttoni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 4,168
Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
Okey, Dokey. Better Than Flour is what I'm gonna start callin' it from now on.
buttoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:16 PM   #1130
Major LCF Poster!
 
Ginaaaaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,398
Gallery: Ginaaaaaa
WOE: High Carb Low Fat
Start Date: April 2009
The crust came out looking like real pizza crust on the bottom and was even crispy!! Best crust I have used yet! Nobody would ever know it was low carb if you didn't tell them. Another thing I really liked about this pizza is that the sauce doesn't seem to soak into the dough like it does with the Healthified pizza dough.

I made an Alfredo sauce( recipe below) using the Better Than Flour to thicken it and topped the pizza with bacon, tomatoes and mushrooms. It was soooooo gooooood!!!! You can use whatever sauce and toppings you like. I'm going to use this crust from now on.

Gina's Better Than Flour Pizza

1 1/4 Cup Better Than Flour Mix
3 Tbsp Psyllium Husk Powder
1/4-1/2 Tsp Salt (didn't really measure)
2 tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/2 tbsp of Basil
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
2 tsp Baking Powder
3 Large Eggs
1 cup boiling water

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine all dry ingredients and mix until blended. Add eggs and mix until well combined. Add boiling water and mix until dough thickens (I just use a fork to mix the eggs in then add water and mix until all the water is mixed in and the dough comes together). Place the dough on a piece of parchment cut to fit the pan and then put a piece of plastic wrap over the dough, pat it into a round and roll it out, I roll to about 1/8" and use a large cookie sheet. After its rolled out I top it with sauce, cheese and whatever toppings you like.

Place in oven and Bake for 25 minutes.

Alfredo Sauce

1 cup Cream
1/2-1 cup Fresh Parmesan
2 tbsp Butter
2 tbsp Better Than Flour
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp Sea Salt

Directions

Pour cream in a sauce pan, heat on medium/low until it comes to a soft boil, put in 2 tbsp butter and let it melt then add grated fresh Parmesan. Then put 2 tbsp of Better Than Flour in a small bowl and add enough sauce to make it thin enough to pour into the sauce in the pan. Stir until thickened, and take off heat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 581064_10200154996069550_1303616627_n-1.jpg (36.0 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg 11051_10200154996389558_1920351902_n-1.jpg (44.0 KB, 42 views)

Last edited by Ginaaaaaa; 02-18-2013 at 08:00 PM..
Ginaaaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:22 PM   #1131
Major LCF Poster!
 
Ginaaaaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,398
Gallery: Ginaaaaaa
WOE: High Carb Low Fat
Start Date: April 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soobee View Post
I made the BTF mix with whey protein. I loved it, but DH did not. We tried to figure out which ingredient was bothering him. It turned out to be the whey protein. My next BTF mix was made with pea protein. DH loved it. Pea protein is cheap and good for lactose intolerant folks. Maybe it would be a good choice for your final product, Ouizoid.
Someone else was talking about pea protein and I want to try it. I don't get any funny tastes with my protein powder, I use Now Protein Isolate, but I would like to try the pea protein to see if its better. You're right though, it does sound like the best option for lactose intolerant people.

Last edited by Ginaaaaaa; 02-18-2013 at 07:23 PM..
Ginaaaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:09 PM   #1132
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Tweaker Geek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 3,370
Gallery: Tweaker Geek
Wow, that looks great, Peggy!

Sorry, this is posted in the wrong thread-

Whoops, no it isn't its' the right thread, the post I'm replying to is Peggy's 8 seed biscuit, guess it's a page back and I got confused when I saw where this was posted - LOL, I guess I'm getting tired!

Last edited by Tweaker Geek; 02-18-2013 at 08:13 PM..
Tweaker Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:23 PM   #1133
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Tweaker Geek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 3,370
Gallery: Tweaker Geek
Oh my, Gina! I will definitely be trying that pizza - the dough and the white sauce - it looks just delish!
Tweaker Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:46 PM   #1134
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
buttoni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 4,168
Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweaker Geek View Post
Wow, that looks great, Peggy!

Sorry, this is posted in the wrong thread-

Whoops, no it isn't its' the right thread, the post I'm replying to is Peggy's 8 seed biscuit, guess it's a page back and I got confused when I saw where this was posted - LOL, I guess I'm getting tired!
I've done that very same thing. LOL

Gina, I'm defo trying your pizza there. Man, there are times I wonder if I'm gonna live long enough to make all the things I want to make. so many recipes; so little time.
buttoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:02 PM   #1135
Major LCF Poster!
 
Ginaaaaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,398
Gallery: Ginaaaaaa
WOE: High Carb Low Fat
Start Date: April 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by buttoni View Post
I've done that very same thing. LOL

Gina, I'm defo trying your pizza there. Man, there are times I wonder if I'm gonna live long enough to make all the things I want to make. so many recipes; so little time.
Count me in on getting confused too!!

I hear you on the so many recipes so little time! It's sometimes overwhelming and that's when I have to stay away for a little bit and take a breather lol
Ginaaaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:43 PM   #1136
Senior LCF Member
 
whoknew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Southeastern US
Posts: 491
Gallery: whoknew
WOE: SyndromeX
Start Date: June 2007
Wow! Ginaaaaa!!!! This crust looks goooooood! This is a definite do for me! Now, to see if I can trade a pre-made bag of Better Than Flour for some psyllium husk powder!!!! dianne
whoknew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:10 PM   #1137
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Barbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southern Ca. San Juan Capistrano
Posts: 4,029
Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/155/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
Can you help me?

I've been out of the loop since my operation. I missed the entire saga of
the Fantastic Flour Mix or Better than FLour Mix?? I've got to stay inside
and my face will take a time to heal. I had a cancer operation. There are
38 pages on this thread and I wondered if someone would lead me where
I can make up a larger batch than on the first page? I see pizza crusts, and
doughnuts and all this good stuff. Quizoid you are a genius and so are the
rest of you all.
__________________
BARBOS LOWCARB kITCHEN
Barbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:10 AM   #1138
Senior LCF Member
 
miboje's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Central PA
Posts: 339
Gallery: miboje
Stats: 147/134.1/133
WOE: Whole foods with an eye on carbs
Start Date: Feb. 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbo View Post
Can you help me?

I've been out of the loop since my operation. I missed the entire saga of
the Fantastic Flour Mix or Better than FLour Mix?? I've got to stay inside
and my face will take a time to heal. I had a cancer operation. There are
38 pages on this thread and I wondered if someone would lead me where
I can make up a larger batch than on the first page? I see pizza crusts, and
doughnuts and all this good stuff. Quizoid you are a genius and so are the
rest of you all.
Here's hoping for speedy healing for you!

They made a sticky with all the recipes in one location here: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...h-recipes.html
miboje is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:33 AM   #1139
Major LCF Poster!
 
Ginaaaaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,398
Gallery: Ginaaaaaa
WOE: High Carb Low Fat
Start Date: April 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginaaaaaa View Post
The crust came out looking like real pizza crust on the bottom and was even crispy!! Best crust I have used yet! Nobody would ever know it was low carb if you didn't tell them. Another thing I really liked about this pizza is that the sauce doesn't seem to soak into the dough like it does with the Healthified pizza dough.

I made an Alfredo sauce( recipe below) using the Better Than Flour to thicken it and topped the pizza with bacon, tomatoes and mushrooms. It was soooooo gooooood!!!! You can use whatever sauce and toppings you like. I'm going to use this crust from now on.

Gina's Better Than Flour Pizza

1 1/4 Cup Better Than Flour Mix
3 Tbsp Psyllium Husk Powder
1/4-1/2 Tsp Salt (didn't really measure)
2 tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/2 tbsp of Basil
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
2 tsp Baking Powder
3 Large Eggs
1 cup boiling water

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine all dry ingredients and mix until blended. Add eggs and mix until well combined. Add boiling water and mix until dough thickens (I just use a fork to mix the eggs in then add water and mix until all the water is mixed in and the dough comes together). Place the dough on a piece of parchment cut to fit the pan and then put a piece of plastic wrap over the dough, pat it into a round and roll it out, I roll to about 1/8" and use a large cookie sheet. After its rolled out I top it with sauce, cheese and whatever toppings you like.

Place in oven and Bake for 25 minutes.

Alfredo Sauce

1 cup Cream
1/2-1 cup Fresh Parmesan
2 tbsp Butter
2 tbsp Better Than Flour
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp Sea Salt

Directions

Pour cream in a sauce pan, heat on medium/low until it comes to a soft boil, put in 2 tbsp butter and let it melt then add grated fresh Parmesan. Then put 2 tbsp of Better Than Flour in a small bowl and add enough sauce to make it thin enough to pour into the sauce in the pan. Stir until thickened, and take off heat.

Hey everyone I messed up in my first post, its supose to be 2 tsp Baking powder. I've asked Cheri to fix it for me but I wanted to let you know.

Sorry about that!!
Ginaaaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:44 AM   #1140
Major LCF Poster!
 
Brendajm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: lancaster, Pa
Posts: 2,051
Gallery: Brendajm
Stats: 130/122/117
WOE: was atkins, now maintenance
Start Date: march, 2004
Ginaaaa, you didn't cook the crust first before adding toppings??
Brendajm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:39 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.