Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2013, 06:34 PM   #1021
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ginaaaaaa
WOE: High Carb Low Fat
Start Date: April 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
Best place to buy a domain name?? Not go daddy.
My daughter got hers at gatorhost and they have web hosting also, she pays $15 a month for it.

Last edited by Ginaaaaaa; 02-15-2013 at 06:43 PM..
Ginaaaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2013, 06:46 PM   #1022
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
I made a spice type cake tonight, after it cooled I cut in half but made the bottom half bigger than the top, I cut out the center of the bottom half and filled it with chocolate mousse then put the top back on with another dollop of mousse then topped that with whipped cream! It's dessert later tonight.
Tweaker Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:04 PM   #1023
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: rosethorns
Stats: 252/140/150
WOE: atkins I eat non allergic food
Start Date: restarted 1-07
Gina did you get a rest after all that hard work on the recipe hunt?

Hope you did!!!!!
rosethorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:23 PM   #1024
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosethorns View Post
Gina did you get a rest after all that hard work on the recipe hunt?

Hope you did!!!!!
Not yet, I did take a few minutes to eat lol

I'm gathering pics now so I can't post them in the new thread. My DD is going to make a collage for me.

That's so sweet of you to ask Esther, you're very kind and thoughtful.

Thanks for all the encouragement everyone!!!
Old 02-15-2013, 07:55 PM   #1025
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Callieco
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 020110
wow..I've been missed all the excitement here.

Gina, thank you so much for the new thread with the recipes. That is so good of you to do that. It's work I know. I never save anything so I have a hard time finding stuff again - this is perfect.

Ouizoid, I have zero creativity when it comes to thinking of names and marketing ideas but I think you need to somehow include the fact that it's a low carb 'flour substitute'. Something to convey the point that you can use it just like flour for so much when low carbing.
Callieco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:24 PM   #1026
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Thanks Gina

For a name, how about:

Better Than Flour
A low carb and gluten free flour substitute

It's better because it's low carb, low calorie and gluten free!

However, I am not sure if it is "gluten free" enough for the sensitivities of some people on gluten free diets. I suppose it depends on the brand of ingredients. Not all brands of baking powder are gluten-free. Honeyville's SunOpta oat fiber has a statement- Allergen information: This product may contain trace amounts of wheat. Some brands of whey protein may be manufactured in a facility that also processes wheat products, so there can be cross-contamination with gluten. Many whey protein powders also contain added carbohydrates that could include gluten. Being gluten free is a huge selling point, but it will depend on brands of some of the ingredients selected for the mix.

So exciting Ouizoid!

Last edited by sungoddess; 02-15-2013 at 08:43 PM..
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:26 PM   #1027
Major LCF Poster!

It's a sticky!!!! The new thread!!! Yay! lol
Old 02-15-2013, 08:38 PM   #1028
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess View Post
Thanks Gina

For a name, how about:

Better Than Flour

However, I am not sure if it is "gluten free" enough for the sensitivities of some people on gluten free diets. I suppose it depends on the brand of ingredients. Not all brands of baking powder are gluten-free. Honeyville's SunOpta oat fiber has a statement- Allergen information: This product may contain trace amounts of wheat. Some brands of whey protein may be manufactured in a facility that also processes wheat products, so there can be cross-contamination with gluten. Many whey protein powders also contain added carbohydrates that could include gluten. Being gluten free is a huge selling point, but it will depend on brands of some of the ingredients selected for the mix.

So exciting Ouizoid!

Awwwe thank you so much for making that for me!! I love it!!!

I really like the name Better Than Flour.

Last edited by Ginaaaaaa; 02-15-2013 at 08:45 PM..
Old 02-15-2013, 08:50 PM   #1029
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Thanks Gina

For a name, how about:

Better Than Flour

So exciting Ouizoid!

Good for you! That is lovely!

(I really like your idea for a name, too!)
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:53 PM   #1030
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
Ooooo. Better than flour is awesome! Magic flour is also Available as a domain name. Great point about the ingredients. I guess it would depend on the manufacturer.
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:16 PM   #1031
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

All hail Gina, for her incredible job today! I especially love tHe picture collage!
Old 02-16-2013, 02:32 AM   #1032
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Corvettebuff
Stats: 175/1160/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Jan 2013
Thank you so much Gina for doing this for us.
This is fantastic!
Thank you Ouizoid for the Magic Mix!
You have made our LC lives so much easier.
Susan
Corvettebuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:55 AM   #1033
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Brendajm
Stats: 130/122/117
WOE: was atkins, now maintenance
Start Date: march, 2004
Wow. I am blown away by all the recipes you all have came up with. My oat fiber is many years old. Do you think it goes bad? It seems to be ok. I have it in the freezer. I am going to order egg white powder!!
Brendajm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:30 AM   #1034
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gharkness
WOE: RNY Gastric Bypass 02-02-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
Best place to buy a domain name?? Not go daddy.
Not sure why you say that, but I don't necessarily disagree. The biggest, most important factor is this, though: do not buy your domain name and your hosting from the same company. THAT's where the problems begin because you can find your domain name held hostage with little recourse. (including hostgator )

Last edited by gharkness; 02-16-2013 at 04:33 AM..
gharkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:35 AM   #1035
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Thanks Gina

For a name, how about:

Better Than Flour

So exciting Ouizoid!

Love the name. Thank You Gina for your hard hard work!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-16-2013, 10:34 AM   #1036
Major LCF Poster!

I just want everyone to know that I'm not trying to take anyone away from the original fantastic flour mix thread. I wanted to make it easier to find the recipes and ideas without having to weed through all the posts here.

I have posted all the written recipes from this thread but I'm still going through all the posts here to copy the ideas and suggestions. I'm going in order of the pages so if you don't yet see your idea I might not have gotten to it yet.

If I unintentionally miss anyone's recipes or ideas please let me know and/or feel free to post them yourself. I don't want to leave anyone out.

I made the new thread for everyone to enjoy, I'm not trying to take credit for anything other than trying to organize it all.

I hope I haven't stepped on anyone's toes or anything. If I make a mistake or forget anything, please let me know so I can fix it.

Thank you!!

A special thanks to drjlocarb for bringing it to my attention to link back to the original thread. I've asked Cheri to add it to the first post in the new sticky thread.

Thanks again guys!
Old 02-16-2013, 10:36 AM   #1037
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
Better than Flour is a great name! (I'll probably still call the mixes I up Miracle Flour because this is a miraculous mix IMO.) I make one batch with coconut flour and vanilla protein powder for sweet and one with almond flour and unflavored protein powder for savory.

Gina - My gosh girl you've been busy - thank you so much for doing that, it's wonderful!

We must have been posting at the same time, I don't think anyone will feel like you stepped on toes, you did what we all have been wanting to do! Ouiz is still the originator and for that we are all very greatful, you're the facilitator in making it so much easier to find things - congrats to both of you!!

I keep telling myself that nothing tastes as good as getting to my goal will feel! -- Unfortunately, I don't always listen to myself!!

Last edited by Tweaker Geek; 02-16-2013 at 10:40 AM..
Tweaker Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:38 AM   #1038
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

oh my goodness Gina. I can't imagine anyone feeling hurt or left out by all your amazing efforts. We are blessed to have received the gifts of all your hard work. I know if anything got left out, it will get remedied. I know that if I ever put together a blog/website I will have to beg your humble forgiveness as I steal all your hard work!!
Old 02-16-2013, 10:54 AM   #1039
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you both!!

Ouis, you're more than welcome to it! I did it for everyone and because of all the effort and hard work of everyone here we have so many amazing recipes for your marvelous flour mix.

Thanks again!
Old 02-16-2013, 11:55 AM   #1040
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: drjlocarb
Stats: 274 /219/190
WOE: vlc/NK
Start Date: LC-1999,jan2010 274 NK 1-1-13 at 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginaaaaaa View Post
I just want everyone to know that I'm not trying to take anyone away from the original fantastic flour mix thread. I wanted to make it easier to find the recipes and ideas without having to weed through all the posts here.

I have posted all the written recipes from this thread but I'm still going through all the posts here to copy the ideas and suggestions. I'm going in order of the pages so if you don't yet see your idea I might not have gotten to it yet.

If I unintentionally miss anyone's recipes or ideas please let me know and/or feel free to post them yourself. I don't want to leave anyone out.

I made the new thread for everyone to enjoy, I'm not trying to take credit for anything other than trying to organize it all.

I hope I haven't stepped on anyone's toes or anything. If I make a mistake or forget anything, please let me know so I can fix it.

Thank you!!

A special thanks to drjlocarb for bringing it to my attention to link back to the original thread. I've asked Cheri to add it to the first post in the new sticky thread.

Thanks again guys!
Great job on the sticky thread. I think it's necessary to link back for the great discussion in the threads. I always like to read how these recipes evolved. I love to go back in Kevinpa's threads and read all the Q an A, and for new people who come in years later, that info can be invaluable.

the photo colleague!! Mix package cover??
drjlocarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:07 PM   #1041
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginaaaaaa View Post

Thank you!!

Thanks again guys!
Thank you!
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:38 PM   #1042
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjlocarb View Post
Great job on the sticky thread. I think it's necessary to link back for the great discussion in the threads. I always like to read how these recipes evolved. I love to go back in Kevinpa's threads and read all the Q an A, and for new people who come in years later, that info can be invaluable.

the photo colleague!! Mix package cover??
Thanks!! Now that you mention it, I also created the Memorial to kevinPA thread. I categorized and put together all of KevinPA's recipes and sent them to Cheri who went over them and put his recipes in the sticky thread, and added all the links I sent her. I also sent Cheri his recipe pics so she could add them too.

I am glad you that you added the link to this thread. I guess with doing all the organizing of the recipes, ideas and suggestions it completely slipped my mind.

I didn't include the links to the recipes in this thread because they're all in one thread whereas KevinPA's were in so many threads and harder to find.

It's easy enough to come back to this thread and use the search this thread feature and type in the name of the recipe you want to see.

That's also why I am including the recipe ideas and suggestions, it makes it nice to read what others have made from other recipes as well as tips for them.

Last edited by Ginaaaaaa; 02-16-2013 at 01:07 PM..
Old 02-16-2013, 01:47 PM   #1043
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
YEAAAHHHH GINAAAAAA!!! This has saved me a ton of time sifting thru all of this.....again!!
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:55 PM   #1044
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: dianafoot
Well, I have to thank you, Gina for creating that Memorial to kevinPa thread, too! I was so glad to see that when you did it, and I use it all the time, even to this day. thanks so much for that and for the sticky you created for this flour mix!!
dianafoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:21 PM   #1045
Major LCF Poster!

It's all my pleasure guys!! Just my way of giving back and showing everyone my appreciation for all the great recipes and tips.

Kevin was such an amazing cook and he created so many recipes for us all, I just wanted to have that part of him with us all the time.

Ouis is the one who created this wonderful flour mix, she deserves an award or something for it!!

It's nice when we see everyone come together and share recipes and tips with each other. It's makes this low carb journey so much easier.

Thank you Ouis for sharing your extraordinary recipe with us and everyone for all the nice things you've said to me, and I even have my very own banner!!
Old 02-16-2013, 02:52 PM   #1046
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Gina for doing KevinPa's recipes that is WONDERFUL. I give them to people all the time.They are loved by many!!!!!!
Old 02-16-2013, 04:06 PM   #1047
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: slbbw
Stats: 234/199/150
WOE: Low Carb <30
Start Date: 1977,2000,Apr,2010
Wow, I didn't know who did that, Gina. Thanks so so much Kevin is a hero in my book! And, thanks again for categorizing Aunt Weezie's recipe's!
slbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:19 PM   #1048
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You guys are making me cry!

Thanks Ginaaaaa for all you have done and do for us!
Old 02-16-2013, 04:30 PM   #1049
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/174.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosethorns View Post
Gina taught me how to quote.This is great. Go to the message you want to quote and hit quote on the right side of message and it will have the quote in the reply and just write your messege . That's it.
Awesome!
well-I am trying this quote thing--if it works I will have to keep using it or lose it--my memory you know! Thanks to Esther via Gina if this works!! Hugs!

Jeanne

woohoo--I did it--thanks so much-love learning new things!

Last edited by jbatchelor; 02-16-2013 at 04:31 PM..
jbatchelor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:35 PM   #1050
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I tried to (made) waffles and they were dry and dense. I added 2 egg yolks, 2T HWC, and 2 T. vanilla Da Vinci to 1/2c. mix. I also whipped the 2 whites to hard peaks and folded into the rest of the recipe. ( that's how my Mom made waffles). They were dry and tough. I may have cooked them too long in the waffle maker. I have always bought them and toasted them. (store bought). I have never made waffles before low carb and don't know how long to cook them in the waffle maker. HELP